Title: DaymanUS vs Wilsonph

CKEY: DaymanUS

Admin’s CKEY:WilsonPH

Beestation SAGE

Ban Type: Temporary

Ban Length: 1 Day

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):03/13/2023

Round ID:43120

Ban Reason:Rule 1 You Most Roleplay - As a Warden promoted to HoS, wordlessly arrested and harmbattoned several people. Also performed a field execution against the captain’s wishes.

Appeal Reason: I feel as if my side is not understood, and the circumstances I was put in justified my actions.

Additional Information: The station was being attacked by two traitors, and I detained and killed two of them. For one of the arrests I did not know I was set to harm, and accidentally harmbat them. I only did this once, the other time I was being shot with lethals by a TRAITOR and it was one of the only weapons I could use. I also was under the threat of dying to a traitor, so I killed them outright. I dont understand why I would need the captains orders to kill a traitor when im in the middle of a firefight.

Isn’t critting them enough?

Alright, so you broke quite a few rules regarding our Standard Operating Procedure and Space law
First of all, you performed arrests without telling people why you were arresting them

You then also proceeded to say this

SAY: DaymanUS/(Charlie Day) “they both are traitors.” (Fore Primary Hallway (108, 164, 2))
SAY: DaymanUS/(Charlie Day) “they need to be gibbed.” (Fore Primary Hallway (108, 164, 2))

You asked to round remove two people because…?

Did you not have cuffs on you? You could’ve easily stunned them then cuffed them.

You performed a field execution, after capturing them, without captain’s authorization.
There’s also your conduct in general, you seemed hellbent on permakilling ‘le traitors’, gibbing them, removing their eyes and then bragged in OOC post round about ‘robusting them’. This is an awful mindset to have, especially for a security player. We’re a roleplaying server first and foremost and I do not see IC reason driving you here, but purely OOC gamer instincts.

3 Likes

About the “removing the eyes”, That was a direct order from the captain himself, and that blame can not be put onto me when I was told that was our course of action. I made a mistake in being so hasty during my first arrest, being I detained without telling them WHY, but I figured stealing such an important item to the station would warrant a strict reaction immediately. Maybe the nuke core isnt that important, but in the time I thought the entire station was at risk of destruction and did not want to waste time; and immediately went for the arrest after stating I would do so.

As for round removing them, I felt the entire station was at risk of destruction if said traitors were to remain alive, so to protect my crew onboard, I removed the threat permanently. I most likely have a worse understanding than you, but I believed (in the time) that allowing traitors to exist among the crew was going to mean risking the entire crews life. I felt as if killing them perma was the only way to ensure the safety of the entire crew.

Also, if someone uses lethals against my captain and I (while being a confirmed traitor) I did not feel as if it was necessary to announce why they were being detained/shot at. From my memory we were at the proper threat level to have weapons on us even.

As far as me having cuffs and saying “You could’ve easily stunned them then cuffed them.” I tried. I tried and they still escaped. So I switched to killing them outright, after they escaped multiple times and committed so many crimes that death was the only option. As an HOS, I figured I had the rights to kill someone who had committed as many crimes as they had, on top of being a traitor to the station.

I have been arrested MANY times on the station without being told as to why im being arrested, I feel as if all of my reactions were according to the correct amount of force required for said threats. The captain was just mad that I killed two traitors who committed so many crimes that it was legal to sentence them to death many times over. I threw them in the labor camp many times over, and every time they escaped. The captains incompetency was a threat to the stations lively hood and I had to do what was done to end the threats to the station permanently.

i was the person you gibbed with the lethal injection.
I was not shooting you with lethals. while i did have a stetchkin on me that i had used previously in the round, i had only used it to to make threats and to shoot back when fired upon. In fact, I was handcuffed, and i was talking to you in the process of surrendering. you asked me “why”, and while I was typing my reply you stunned me to the ground, batoned me, and destroyed my body.

that said, i’m sure it doesn’t make much difference since it’s pretty clear how you broke space law and the rules here

Space law is a thing. Follow it.

You continued to resist arrest, attack me, and refuse any orders at all. Knowing you were a traitor and a threat to the station, I felt the necessary reaction was to kill you and ensure you would not come back. While perma death was likely too severe, we had a skeleton crew. No one was helping me, you were good at escaping, and I had no way to secure you as well as keeping the rest of the station secure. It was one of the only options that would keep the station protected against threats.

And honestly, the captain was incompetent. He did nothing to ensure the station was safe at all. Both traitors commited so many crimes, they could have easily been sentenced to death. But he kept saying, “Just send them to labor camp and let them escape!” It got very tiring and annoying after a while…

You were not handcuffed while talking to me.

The Plutonium Core of the Self-Destruct device falls under High-Risk items

Meaning they did commit a capital crime and as such, could be permanently imprisoned or only on captain’s orders, executed

The Space Law page clearly states that executions are to be performed only under captain’s approval

no you don’t

You still executed them after cuffing them, when the Space Law page clearly states :

Executions after capture are not authorized with the sole exception of changelings.

I feel like you should give this page a thorough read, as a Security Officer and especially as an acting Head of Security you are required to follow it to a T.
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Space_Law
This page too
https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Department_Standard_Operating_Procedure:_Security

My apologies in the end. I know I acted too severely, but I felt like the captain was not capable of performing his duties at all and couldnt make a decision on what to do against two highly dangerous traitors. In the moment, I figured that was the best course of action. Ive read up on the laws a lot, but I let my better judgement slip in the moment. Does my actions still require a ban? I know what I did wrong, even if I felt as if my decisions were correct in the moment. I am glad to have talked this out, and feel as if I have a greater understanding of the role now.

You permanently round removed a player and broke rules while doing so, what do you think?

2 Likes

I do just want to point out that what happened with the lethal injection was a bug - normally you would still be revivable. Not making an excuse on their behalf or justifying the action, just saying the end result would normally not be anywhere near as severe as it was here.

The bug was brought to light through the report and already fixed now.

2 Likes

I only did so due to the threat they posed and due to the incompetency of my captain who refused to help/do anything and gave VERY little advice on our course of action. He only told me he disapproved of anything I did AFTER I did it all. Every time I did something, his reply was “I will talk to you later about it”. I really did not think I was in the wrong, and was purely acting to keep the entire station safe. I know I broke rules, but I had a lack of understanding with them at the time. I did not do any of this out of malice or to be a troll, I promise you I was just trying my best to be a good HOS and following the rules I thought was laid out in front of me. I am a newer player and, even though I have read the rules a lot, still havent fully grasped them all in there entirety. I dont wish to be punished for just being new. That seems counter intuitive honestly. My captain even fired lethals at the traitors when they werent fired upon, so I figured we were going lethal against them. I really dont wish to be punished for lack of experience. It is better I learned how I did, rather than completely let the station be killed. The entire shift got to play for a long time, rather than letting two traitors end the round fast.

See, there’s a reason certain rules have playtime hour requirements, because they’re too complext for newer players, especially when playing them incorrectly can negatively impact the experience of other players. Doubly so for Command/Security roles.

And had you gotten your wish and had them both gibbed at the first opportunity, do you think it would’ve lasted as long?

If it was a bug then why am I being treated so harshly? I thought lethal injection would just kill them and keep their body… Not completely disintegrate them… If im really facing repercussions due to a bug being in the game thats just messed up. I know I did a lot of things wrong, but the major issue was perma killing. and he was perma’d due to a bug. I didnt know that he would instantly disappear when I used the lethal injection. Its a bug as you said. I honestly didnt know he would be perma’d from a lethal injection… and wasnt aware of a bug being present…

No, you’re facing repercussion here because you’ve repeatedly shown your desire to permanently kill them while ignoring space law. And I’m sorry, but I highly doubt you would’ve let the guy be revived after you used the lethal injection syringe on him.

2 Likes

They were not both gibbed. Only one of them was. And he was gibbed because of a BUG that your team did not know of.

How can I be aware of a bug if the admins themselves didnt even know of?