DarnTheMarn Mentor Application

Your CKEY: DarnTheMarn

Your Discord: Lost#6344

How long have you been playing ss13?: About two years now

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: I didn’t ask nobody

Game Experience (More Detailed):

I like to think I know most things on Bee at this point, my only real weakness I’d say are silicon roles. As much fun as finding loopholes is, being forced to serve isn’t my cup of tea.

Absolutely no hours into AI? That’s pretty rough, AI playerd have a lot of questions when they first test it.

Almost every silicon question is just “how do I state laws”

not answering questions because I suck at making them, I’ll see your replies to other questions

not a mentor (imagine) but here’s some questions if you want to answer them:

“Why did I turn into a flyperson?”
Can monkeys have mutations?
Is Pituitary Disruption a beneficial symptom?
Do gas pumps hold gas?
“How can I see the crew manifest?”
How to easily check the station alert? (Green alert, Blue alert, Red alert, Delta alert)

Gimme some ways to heal up on lavaland with only the tools of an ashwalker or hermit. Thats all for now.

Depending on your luck there are a lot of different routes to take. You can kill a legion and use the core they drop which is pretty easy with the basic starting gear as either of those two. You can also harvest and chow down on some porcini mushrooms or cactus for a chance to be healed but that would take a while. I think Ashwalkers and Hermits both start with a first aid kit as well.

Aside from that, there are some ruins that may or may not be available. There’s the fountain of healing that you can drink from, the Lavaland clinic has some loot, if you eat the pizza party pizza it’ll heal a bit, you could use Pride’s mirror and become a plantperson and stand in the light. Maybe there are some plant people in their ship making Ambrosia that you can work together with.

If you really want to go whole hog, you can mine some iron and plasma, break into the mining base, use the smelter to make plasteel, then grab the wood at the Ashwalker base. Then you can make a mortar and pestle, dig up some sand and iron, smelt it on lava, scoop up some oil from the base, and make Miner’s Salve. This one’s not realistic to do but technically it could be done.

Why did I turn into a flyperson?

You went through an uncalibrated teleporter, ingested fly mutation toxin, or wizard shot you up with magic.

Can monkeys have mutations?

They have monkified mutation, thats it. You can inject them with mutators but it won’t change anything

Is Pituitary Disruption a beneficial symptom?

I wouldn’t call it beneficial, if you want to be massive you can add it or just use it for lowering stats on your virus.

Do gas pumps hold gas?

Technically no, but if you use that as a justification to start unwrenching everything you will have a bad time.

How can I see the crew manifest?

Lots of ways, you can use your PDA with the crew manifest button if you have the right cartridge. AI and Cyborgs can use it in their silicon tab menu. Some alternate ways are using the ID console, and looking at security/medical records although these can be deleted. A real ghetto way you can pseudo look at manifest is looking at a crew monitoring console but this won’t show people on the manifest who aren’t using suit sensors as well as showing people off the manifest who a re using suit sensors.

How to easily check the station alert?

Easiest is honestly probably just doing ?ca or ?cs on discord, Beebot will tell you the rest. Aside from that, look at communications console or ask on comms.

1. “How do I speak on AI private as AI?”

2. Describe the creation process for Barbecue sauce.

3. List three ways to increase jelly volume as a slimeperson/oozeling

4. “How do I get Poly to stop screaming on comms?”

5. “What is the difference between unknown, unidentified, and weak signals?”

6. “How do I give a lizard hair? Can I use some sort of chemical to grow it?”

How many units and how long does it take for lexorin to crit someone?

What are the ways to revive a plasma man?

What stock part and tier is needed for the sleepers to be able to inject pentetic acid?

How do I as captain make a freeform law that is law 1?

How do I sent a prisoner to gulag permanently?

I like the answers here, +1 from me.

I’m leaning toward a plus, just waiting to see answers to questions :slightly_smiling_face:

T:+1

How do I speak on AI private as AI?

Just prefix :o, or you can set your satellite intercom to 144.7 and speak into that if you really want to.

Describe the creation process for Barbecue sauce.

Get a beaker, put 5u each of sugar, water, and salt in it. Then burn a sheet of paper, scoop up the ashes, and transfer 5u of that into the original beaker. Then juice a tomato or two at a grinder, transfer 5u of the juice into that, add 5u of pepper from a pepper mill. Voila, barbecue sauce that would taste like absolute shit in the real world. Side note, Texas dry rub BBQ is the best fight me.

List three ways to increase jelly volume as a slimeperson/oozeling

Inhaling plasma, eating a ton of food and becoming fat, or get toxin damage.

How do I get Poly to stop screaming on comms?

Murder the parrot, or just click drag Poly onto you and remove their headset. Bringing them off station might work too unless there is some spaghetti code, never tried it.

What is the difference between unknown, unidentified, and weak signals?

Unidentified signals are the dime a dozen Exploration Crew stations, Unknown signals are like the space ruins before Exploration crew, and usually are where the good shit is at. Weak signals in my experience don’t have shit at em, don’t know if I’m just unlucky or what.

How do I give a lizard hair? Can I use some sort of chemical to grow it?

Buy a wig, customize it by using it in your hand. No chemical way to grow it that I’m aware of, if there was Forgets-Their-Name would rush it round start every time.

2 Likes

Off the top, looks good to me -

For lizard hair, iirc you can spray tan them into a chav?

+1

T:+2

How many units and how long does it take for lexorin to crit someone?

Technically 4u is enough but they hop right back up after going into crit, 5u is enough to put them down for a good bit. Takes ~20 seconds to make them horizontal.

What are the ways to revive a plasma man?

Clone them, have the shower running and a plasma tank and mask ready for when they pop out. You can also just insert a heart into their chest and defibrillate which is what I see 99% of docs do because its faster and they don’t lose their memory. If you are lucky enough to have strange reagent a splash of that works, as does revival surgery.

What stock part and tier is needed for the sleepers to be able to inject pentetic acid?

Manipulator, T3

How do I as captain make a freeform law that is law 1?

As far as I am aware, as a non-traitor you can’t directly make a freeform law supersede core laws barring fucking with the definitions of the prior laws with the newer ones. You can however purge the AI of its laws, put in your freeform law first, then upload the rest of the laws.

How do I sent a prisoner to gulag permanently?

Don’t give them a prisoner ID, and I’ve seen this done unintentionally so many times its not even funny. Also make sure the gulag actually works on the map, last time I got sent to gulag on Fland it was impossible to retrieve points if you were assigned a goal.

1 Like

For lizard hair, iirc you can spray tan them into a chav?

Definitely not worth it, although it is pretty funny.

1. I takes 6u actually, but close enough. You made me doubt so I went and tested it.
  2. I prefer, if the body is not to messed up, to insert a heart since if they die again I can more easily revive. But yeah.
  3. That one was easy
  4. Indeed.
  5. Yeah gulag is bugged. The think to note about perma gulag is that you must use the shuttle. The teleporter doesn’t work if you don’t insert and ID. And IDs only go to 1000 points. However since the gulag is bugged this is basically perma anyway.

Looks good to me. Not that I’m really qualified haha.

I takes 6u actually, but close enough. You made me doubt so I went and tested it.

I tested it too, 5u put them on the ground for me. Maybe we are using different forks of the Github I don’t think I’ve updated mine since explo crew. I used syringe gun to test it.

It doesn’t matter it’s a stupid question anyway.

All look correct, good job.

Would give +1 if I was still mentor.

goode👍 +1

T: +3

1 Like