CKEY:IsaacN

Your Discord: IsaacN#4132

Offender’s CKEY:Darkknight0212, Ice Type

Offender’s In-Game Name:Catherine Brown, Johnathan Ray

Server (Sage or Acacia):Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 04/28/2023

Round Number: 43817

Rules Broken: R1.2 / R.14.2 (For Both)

Incident Description:The round played out normally, with one tot coming in, afterwards their stash of syndicate contraband i inspect their pda messages, having a conversation with Catherine about purchasing stuff, from which we get them set to arrest, they’re found out to have a bluespace launchpad and killed about one officer and the detective, teleporting them out of the halls, and wordlessly killing them in their shuttle, fast forward same happens to me (I was sitting in the brig, watching over cams and overlooking the suit sensors) i get teleported out of the brig and gunned down with no rp involved, same happens near round end to the hos and the new seccie that just joined the round

Additional Information: In small words, all of the security officers that were killed and teleported into their shuttle got stashed in their shuttle effectively round removing them all

The detective was not teleported in, and there was an attempt to negotiate for the HoSgun in return for the bodies of security, but the HoS refused. I’ll also add that this was my first time using a bluespace launchpad for significant evil, so I was still getting to grips with what it can do and how to use it effectively.

1 Like

Hello, i was the detective, basically i encountered them on the science shuttle area, originally it was just Catherine and upon inspecting the ship i saw a dead body anda couple of other objects, i fled the scene, reported it and then tried to get close again just to try and talk with Catherine, since we had a traitor at brig that had a paper with her name i just wanted to question her and exchange some information, by that point explorer Acco and the Scientists were lurking around, one had the ID of the dead person and was all bloody while Acco (who was with them) was just looking, in the middle of the talk they whisper #DO IT DO IT NOW or something along those lines, an holopara appears, they kill me and stuff me in a locker alongside fullstripping me, i’d say i spent around 15 minutes? maybe more on the locker until miraculously they drag me out and leave me on the shuttle dock area, only reason i got revived was due to Chaplain passing by and resurrecting me with the spell from the Sect, since by that point all my organs were fucked

I did saw HoS, Warden and another officer get wordlessly murder from what i remember with the BS launchpad

And from what i remember about the ‘‘negotiations’’ i only recall you guys saying ‘‘hos give gun!’’ and not trying to make a deal, you guys were spamming the sec-comms without giving a proper place for a negotiation, of course HoS is gonna say no if you only say ‘‘hos give gun’’ but if you insisted multiple times on the radio saying stuff like ‘‘Hey we have three officers bodies, we’ll give them if you give us your weapon let’s meet and talk or you don’t care about your men and only your weapon???’’ then that’s on HoS but from what i remember you guys ‘‘sped things up’’ once shuttle was called trying to rush the objectives ASAP rather than just doing something more interesting, the truth is you guys went with the cheesiest way in the last second due to ‘‘running out of time’’

While my particular case might be justified since i was pretty much reporting on-site what was going on and the incursionists knew that since they had the radio i feel like it’s extremly lame to gun down the Warden (OP) HoS and an officer that probably didn’t even know what was up without any word involving

All in all leaving two members of the incursion the rest gave me big vibes of going gaming and obliterate command/sec.

1 Like

Time to throw in my 2 cents. In total by the end of the round we had 5(technically 6 but we left the detectives body at the shuttle dock) corpses on the shuttle. 1 was an incursion target who tried to kill me with a stechkin, one was a spaceborne officer who shot at us. That leaves you, the other officer and the HOS. Now i’d like to point out we did attempt negotiations for the corpses and the HOSe’s response boiled down to IM talking to CC Fuck off, and we never got any followup. Now was it wrong to( I agree pretty wordlessly) remove you from the round? Yeah, could we have approached it better definitely, but at the same time security wasnt keen on giving us much to work on either. As for the detective thing, I understand that you were attempting to roleplay and it feels terrible to get murdered but at the same time, most of security was at the RND lobby, you began screaming about us, which kinda yeah.

The main issue is doing the 0 RP Kills i.e= Warden is sitting watching cameras one moment, then the other is teleported to a shuttle full of hostiles where they gets wordlessly killed, i doubt they tried to make them surrender or negotiate with them, it was far easier for them to make them be horizontal (same with the random officer and then HoS) than try to do any sort of engaging RP

I suppose you dont get what’s wrong here, they wordlessly round removed a lot of security with 0 rp involved which lead to this report being done (In the hyphotetical case of security doing the same, it would lead to a report doing made) Thing is for some interaction to be done prior to the engagement, which on both sides would be needed and required

I was the lawyer that round and although its a bit hazy since its a day later I do have some relevant information I think.

I first saw John Polycarp who was one of the incursionists hanging out in vacant commissary wearing a syndicate hardsuit in plain view. The virologist hired them to use an X4 on some monkeys and around that time the AI noticed and called it out on sec comms. I join the group and follow to viro, monkeys get exploded. Then security shows up and John walks to the brig with them willingly.

They suspect he killed someone whose name I don’t remember since they think said person was by a stetchkin and there were 10mm casings in the vacant commissary he was in. His stuff gets confiscated, he tries talking to the HOS/Warden about keeping some contraband in order to reveal information on the location of said dead person. He even cooperates by opening the locked locker with even more contraband in it that he didn’t have to do.

The HOS/Warden refuse to cooperate, did not hand him anything back, and refuse or ignore any attempts to argue for return of anything. I think shortly after this is when the BS launchpad RR happens. At some point the offer of 3 missing bodies for the contraband was made, not sure exactly when during this series of events. The HOS justification at the time I think it was something like “Space law/SOP can’t be broken to give you your stuff back” and that’s not really true. Good RP can justify breaking SOP and Space Law, and trading a syndicate hardsuit for 3 dead crewmembers is good RP and a reasonable action to take if you are roleplaying and believe these are real people.

Honestly? The incursionists acted reasonably even if it sucked for the security players. If you offer an olive branch to RP with, and even provide incentives to engage in said RP, and you get shut down, what are you to do? Security, for good or bad, is valid to kill as an antagonist. If they just proved they aren’t willing to RP with you you might as well get rid of them.

Granted I might not be working with a full set of information but that’s what I saw and heard on my end.

1 Like

I havent played on bee much lately aside from about a month ago to ahelp to have my old account banner and notes moved to new account. I giess i need yo read up on rules. As i remember it, sec can wordlessly stun and cuff and effectively ruin an antag round. As such, Again., as i remember, antags have a bit more leniency when it comes to violence. I could certainly see how thinning out sec could be justifiable. I wasnt there and shouldnt have commented in the first place. Lesson learned.

I was a sec officer this round. I cluelessly walked onto the shuttle because I saw one of the people was set to arrest. I was one officer with no lethals who was confused and on a ship with about 5 syndicate members.

I didn’t attack, didn’t have any weapon drawn, they didn’t say a word to me, they didnt try to take me as a hostage, they just tossed me into space instantly. I guess it really should be expected if you choose to play sec you might just get silently and efficiently shrekt.

2 Likes

I was an officer that round, I was patrolling in space after an armory break in, and they had already killed an officer and lethals were passed out.

I saw their shuttle just warp in right in front of me, I saw there were 3 of them there. I couldn’t talk to them being in space, and I started shooting. I then figured this was actually a bad move and boarded the shuttle to arrest properly like an idiot, after which I got killed by the holopara literally at the airlock to it.

Honestly I think my death in particular was justified on their side. I couldn’t effectively communicate and shot first, in my case it wasn’t like they did some cunning unfair ambush. I can’t speak for the others though, I only saw the wardens death personally as a ghost.

2 Likes

Yes, maybe you should read up on the rules.

You boarded our ship as we were running. You kinda got what you asked for.

I’m not saying what you did is wrong, I’m just disappointed you didn’t really take advantage of the situation presented to you in any interesting way.

You could have made it a lot more fun in rp, cuffing and kidnapping a living officer to negotiatie with instead of like 3 corpses

I don’t play to be good or to win, i play to have fun. And that was just a pretty boring way to handle a golden situation for you

Doesn’t tend to be much space for RP in active combat.

It seems to me like with the quantum launchpad kidnappings you chose to jump to combat straight away instead of trying to create an interesting situation. Am I wrong in this assumption?

I did not even draw my weapon before you spaced me. The “active combat” was in your head

Well detective and the first two seccies were not launchpad killings, the warden was the only case in which we jumped straight to combat after kidnapping I believe, before the HoS refused negotion and I figured we had to fight, believing an ERT was on the way.

You charged into a room where I had just killed the detective and had revealed my holoparasite. if anyone had made an error in understanding the situation, it was you.

Right, I can confirm you attempted to negotiate

However, I bring forth this question of :
Why were you meticulously killing off security officers? Was it done with the intention of winning or trying to create an interesting situation?