Darkemperr666 banned by Winterdarkraven

Yeah I was pretty actively going out of my way to not do anything antagonistic other than ordering the crates because it was a learning round for me, it was my first-ever QM shift. I even called you to cargo to take possession of some of the more dangerous stuff (like explosives) that came out of the crates. “Ehh, he’s not hurting anyone” is pretty much the outcome I was hoping for, although I would have liked a little more doubt as to my status.

I thought manipulation is also a part of the game. Is it not better then murderbone?

Do we curbstomp valids then or not?

Also power gaming on lrp haha

1 Like

This actually feels like a rare example of how to properly utilize nulls.

While captain is responsible for the station as a whole, he is also supposed to delegate to the department heads. With both HoS and HoP taking care of it, the responsibility lies with them.
And with QM taking the effort of making a cover story this becomes a case of IC corruption instead of OOC metagaming for the sake of gamer loot

I want quartermasters to do shady shit while no one is looking or through bribery. I don’t want them to go full hog on illegal shit right out in the open.
This was a case of the former: pure bribery. Roleplayed as it should.

7 Likes

I was the sec officer who tried to arrest the QM for possession of contraband (Syndie hard suit).
The QM responded with lethals obviously.
The other QM did the same and I managed to cuff them both without even hurting them
The borg decided to go against my law 2 to help me drag them to the brig and against law 1 (I was nearly killed by them) and started uncuffing both of them and calling me shitsec.
The QMs call for the captain and he rushes in to arrest me for enforcing spacelaw; with the captain spear heading my arrest.

There was literally no cover story, command just wanted phat gamer loot.
If the captain is bribable over gamer loot, then that just goes to show how much of a joke the “RP standards” are.

I really didnt know QM used lethals on ya, as HoS himself said for you to stop that i just went with what he said, in no moment i knew about the lethaling and all the people just said it was because of the syndie armor you were arresting him.

I said many times I got shot with lethals, you didn’t care, you just kept trying to disable me even as I shoved you while trying to talk to you.

The second you say “Nah man he can have syndie stuff” is the second you break spacelaw, contraband is to be confiscated and stashed in secure evidence.

You ignored the fact that was an emag running around because “MUH NULL CRATES!! MUH GAMER LOOT!”

What part of you thinks arresting a sec officer for enforcing space law is something a captain would do?

For half the round i had no idea what was going with QM or cargo, i only knew he had nulls when i was there and saw him getting it i didnt knew he had an emag who emagged nothing really, i took the budget cards i gave and that was that, i was doing other stuff and i barely attention to the situation i said to him “dont buy more null crates” and was doing other stuff, and i dont remember much because it was late at night and i dont remember some things, sorry for doing that i was tired and probably didnt notice it and there was my fucking holopara saying how “gamer and cool” how his nulls were justified or some shit, and to clarify i never got anything from null crates only thing i got was a romerol bottle that i put on brig

The borg was following your law 2, and law 1 doesn’t apply after you’ve subdued me as there’s no longer a risk of crew harm. The borg stopped when command arrived (which is a touch iffy, but AI/borgs on bee are cucks for command so that’s pretty normal).

I also called for the HOS, not the captain. If command feels like you’re not following their orders they can absolutely arrest you, even if they’ve been bamboozled/conviced into going along with breaking space law.

As for the “they just wanted phat gamer loot” I don’t think I saw anyone else in command using the loot throughout the round. The RD said he wanted a hardsuit, but was also roleplaying being very drunk. He also didn’t get it.

Heads are expected to do their job.

The little detail that does not matter, none of the heads should have even allowed this to happen.

Borg was not following the law 2 command to apprehend one of you two QMs and immediately bailed and started crying shitsec the second someone else arrived.

Centcomm orders are space law; command went against space law.

In no scenario the Captain will be cleared as “Didn’t authorize the null crates” as he literally stopped me from arresting you and then explicitly stated it. Unless the admins somehow rule that authing nullcrates was RP’d, the image below will be pretty hilarious.

He absolutely was, he dragged me into the backroom storage with you looking for a chair, then followed you back out to the main cargo bay after he didn’t find one. Your order was to find a chair to buckle me to.

I get that it was an active moment and that it was probably frustrating to get dunked on by command for doing your job, but you don’t have to outright make shit up. The borg did what you told him to do until command arrived.

That was the initial order until the guy running around locked himself, the next order was to catch said guy
Tho IDC much about the dumb borg, I never expect anything from them

Not the first time I’ve fought with da epic command doing da epic gamer crates, willfully turning a blind eye towards this bs; not too surprised the captain persisted with this joke. I see space law being broken, I act.

As far as I know command didn’t use the gamer loot in any meaningful way, the only person who made any real use of it was me with the hardsuit and the bluespace compressor (unless the clown I smuggled a hypnoflash out to managed to use it, I don’t know). Again, I had already ordered the crates or was in the process of doing so and come up with a cover story for the emag before actually informing command, they just rolled with it because I wasn’t hurting anyone.

The main issue is that command was not only willing fully ignoring the null crates (And authorizing them. Word it however you want, but both you and they know this) but also prevented space law from taking course because ???

Not sure which QM you were, but I was nearly killed

I mean that’s absolutely an IC outcome of corruption, which is fine, whether it’s intentional/seen by the command players as corruption or not. I sometimes roleplay rounds as an openly corrupt captain, it’s a lot of fun.

Literally all the heads there were being corrupt is acceptable IC levels of corruption, including the HoS?!

For you.

If the round lasted long enough and I decided to pick off everyone who was corrupt, I’d probably get the absolute phat ban of RDM xAll the heads, security and cargo, not “good rp for overthrowing the corrupt boiz”

If you manage to convince them to turn the other cheek, yeah, absolutely. Which I did. Part of being an antagonist is to charisma/bluff/cheat your way into being allowed to do things you normally wouldn’t. The fact that I got all of command on board just means I played my part well.

I’m just going to wait for an admin reply on this charade and carry on from there.

If you’re unwilling to fulfil your job as a command member, don’t play command.

The argument that the admin team wants players not to conflict with antagonists is wrong. We want antagonists to antagonise, then for the protagonist to attempt to stop them. This adds conflict to the round.

There are no friendly antagonists. While an antagonist may act helpful to the station, in the end they are still the antagonist and should act as such.

However, there are more people to blame in this situation than yourself. It is grossly unfair only you get a punishment.

Appeal Accepted.