Dallen9's Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Dallen9

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): prism#8421

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Up to 3-4 hours weekday, whenever on weekends. (GMT-6) (NA)

What changes, if any, would you bring?:
Reduce 90% of LRP rounds not having an admin on
Deal with major griefers in a timely manner, as opposed to no admins on.
Thunderdone on rounds where only 4 murderboning lings are left on station (Zzzz)
Maybe station events like ERT, but last time i adminned there was lots of red tape around that (council member permission etc), so no admins would do them.

How old are you?: 20-25

Why do you want to be an admin?: I was previously an fullmin here, retired after i got burnt out sitting in lockers all round every round answering tickets, and just ss13 in general.

How long have you been playing SS13?: hey hey people

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: hey hey people

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 7

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Beestation

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: Only Dallen9 on bee

Your strengths: Chill, friendly

Your weaknesses: Get burnt out/frustrated

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: no

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Doesn’t overreact or act abruptly when angry.

What makes a staff team good?: Cooperation, Same enforcement of rules.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Keep the game fun and fair

What kind of player are you?: Dont murderbone as tator, yet plays HoS

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Don’t know

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Nothing, the HoS should react IC.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Confirm their actions are not valid, confident and they are about to grief again, jail them. Proceed with ahelp ticket asking why. If their explanation is not reasonable, permaban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: IC, if it was a one off accident its fine.

Has adminned in the past and I can’t say no to Sophia.

(edited the +1 out, mentors can’t vote on Admin apps -Xlyana)

The only hos I haven’t gotten 325342646734783746 tickets about. 2+.

For real though, you’ve got a good promise for changes. Answers are also detailed, which I like.

-2. Already left once, and I cannot trust anyone who plays security to admin

I’m curious why you hold either of these reasons against them.

Did they leave on bad terms, or just resign because they got bored or something happened in their life?

Why does being a good sec main make you a bad fit for admin?

1 Like

People who play security typically play it to have power over others and because of an enjoyment of policing others.

I feel people like that shouldn’t be given any power

Sophia was the first non-sirio person I met in game, they’re always really nice and was helpful, also they were admin before and would always put admining first then would go back to playing!
I know I can vote but Sophia is nice and despite the fact they left shouldn’t be held against them!

Your promises are nothing new but activity is very important so they’re valid as long as you deliver.

If you do get accepted, don’t sit in lockers to do tickets. That’s a very good way to get burnt out. Just play the game and aghost whenever a ticket pops up.

Also

Kinda weird to hide your exact age but whatever

+1

1 Like

Absolutely based 1st answer but ur unrobust :))

Playing security =/= bad admin. I play it regularly and I don’t feel I was a bad admin. If anything it suits an admin personality because you’re used to dealing with shitters and rampant bad behaviour bothers you.

Can’t vote but I would recommend them, they’re also a friendly and non-toxic player.

+1.

Although theres an obvious hate for Security players, this person is good at the role from what I can see - I have very rarely had to deal with them in a negative manner. They are, as they say, chill and friendly, along with quite robust.

Despite the fact they left, I can understand the reasoning why - and I do feel that people deserve a second chance.

Accepted. Contact a Headmin or Seniormin for your in-game Trial Admin perms.