Dallen9 Admin Report (title was already used edition)

Captain and Items
While the Captain is in charge of the station, this does not entitle him to job specific or hard to replace gear such as the Warden’s Krav Maga gloves, budget cards, the Head of Security’s energy gun, the Bartender’s shotgun, the CMO’s hypospray, etcetera.

I stand by this. Captain is not entitled to unique items. It’s necessary to promote someone to the job that is entitled to them to prevent confusion like this case. Captain screwed up here, and @TottalyNotC had no way of knowing that when they found the player walking around with a unique item.

Uniques will often be assumed stolen if not in possession by the player that is entitled to it, even moreso if the player that is actually entitled to it doesn’t exist because nobody with a right to the item could have given it to them.

Rue already said it about as well as I could. I’d rather see this brought up before it becomes an issue if someone sees inconsistency on this level, although it looks like it was handled in discord via discussion with other admins already.

3 Likes

Admins have a model position regarding rules. Even when no ban is dealt out, there was still a bwoink and discussion which shows a lack of knowledge regarding the ruleset (and that shit can take ages + you’ll get banslapped for not having the time to sit through 20 minutes of useless arguments) which shouldn’t have happened to begin with.

It’s better to bring it to light in case this happens again so there’s clear evidence of bad conduct. If you don’t speak up next time you’ll just get bent over the table for the same situation and when you bring up the past get told ‘‘Why didn’t you report it then’’.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.