Cyborg Customization

I wanna be able to give Cyborgs an ID, mothing they need to spawn with, just the slot for me to put it on.

And Lori mentioned colouring Cyborgs and that sounds really cute.

Cyborgs could use more options other than hats and big or not big.

10 Likes

BORG RECOLORING YES
let me make some mockups
minerborgyellow
janiborgsilver
medborgblue
engiborgred

9 Likes

Lori, who thought of them, suggested a spray can could be used on them to recolour them with any RGB.

3 Likes

I think the above is prefered. I hate how when you color something you can’t:
A - Really choose the colour you want because it wont accept half of them.
B - It colours the whole thing like an overlay and doesn’t actually replace the original colour.

With that said

@RDS88 Sparky my beloved this shit is absolutely SICKKKKKKKKK

5 Likes

Let me lay some thoughts out RQ
So cyborgs come pre-colored for some reason. This, back in the days of multiple cyborg sprites, was probably for departmental identification. When every borg looks like this
you’re probably gonna want some way to tell which has a hypospray and which has a stun-arm. But now that we have different-looking shells for each department, this isn’t exactly… required.

So setting the need for our borgs to start colored aside, we could have each start grayscale. And from there an overlay might work, give me a sec and let me try it
janiborgpurple
janiborgcyan
janiborgwhat
the overlays don’t look too good, but if we filter it to just the greyscale areas…
janiborgredoverlay
janiborgpurpleoverlay
janiborgwhatoverlay
janiborgcyanoverlay
I’m not sure if it’s possible to change the colour of only a couple of pixels on a sprite, but if it’s possible then you could do this, and it’d genuinely look pretty good. I’m gonna post this, and then try and make some engiborgs silver.

6 Likes

Having a preset of options could work as you make that sound easier to implement.

4 Likes

Just this small change is ridiculously impactful on the control cyborg players would have over themselves. And this HAS to be something the player can control as opposed to something controlled FOR him.
Which is to say EVERYTHING.

The roboticist can change your name, size, sync you with AI, add upgrades, people can throw you a hat. Nothing you can control.

This should be something controllable by the player.

4 Likes

We already have code for selecting multiple mechanically identical variants of the same cyborg with miner borgs, and it’s also player controlled. The only trouble with that is that any number of colors will never be enough, so we might need new code to select module, then select paint color.

Engiborgs

engiborgpink
engiborggreen
engiborgpurple
engiborgblue
engiborgorange
engiborgblack
engiborgcerulean
engiborgteal
engiborglime

Minerborgs

minerborgred
minerborgyellow3
minerborgcerulean
minerborgpurple
minerborgforest
minerborgyellow2

Peacekeepers

peacekeepercream
peacekeepercerulean
peacekeeperpurple
peacekeeperblue
peacekeepermint
peacekeepersky
peacekeepergold
peacekeeperruby
peacekeeperforest

Medborgs

medborgpurple
medborgcream
medborgblue2
medborgruby
medborgforest
medborgdark
medborggreen

These are overlays btw, 25-50% opacity of just… any colour. Medborgs and peacekeepers didn’t need grayscaling, but the rest did. As shown on the engiborg you can also just go back to the original coloring quite easily.

7 Likes

The medborgs look a bit wacky for some reason. But the rest is phenomenal. The egg looks super duper clean.

2 Likes

I think it’s because the medborgs are slightly blue-tinted and I didn’t bother greyscaling them, since I did them last.

2 Likes

yeah that must be why!

2 Likes

I just realized that I spelled this wrong. I’d like to report myself for accidentally being part of the moth gang.

5 Likes

On this topic. Give Medibots a car horn to honk at Pleb Paramedics who don’t have AA and a speedy hover board to rescure whoever is behind a locked door in a 250 000°K plasma fire.

If you do this make sure you remember to not color the only few pixels that you use to Figure out if you are looking at a medical borg or service borg. Service borg has a model that looks EXACTLY like a medical one Only difference is some yellow Coloring in a few places.

I Love picking it and even argued with an assistant that thought I was medical and wanted treatment. “I am not a medical borg” " Yes you are now I order you to treat me" " I Physically can’t I am a service borg"

One of us One of us. joking aside, I don’t think I’ve seen you recently as Markus or Silicon.

1 Like

Been very hooked on Starsector lately, I sometimes join the VC on Beecord and such.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.