Cryo bug or feature?

Bug? I went and cryo’d myself for 4 minutes and when i came back bee dis and reconnected. I died and as a ghost everything was blurry and i could re enter or find my body. the text chat said i didnt have one too. Is this nothing new? i feel like this is a bug. I sent an adminnotice and didnt get a reply. it was “I cryoed myself for a minute but the server disconnected and now im dead”

When you cryo and disconnect your body gets deleted and you put yourself out of the round basically

but the server can disconnect and you cant control that?

Cryo is intended for leaving the round, this is intended behavior.

I believe when you enter cryo it says “If you ghost or log out then you are taken out of the round” Disconnecting acts as logging out

¯_(ツ)_/¯

If i cryo’d as a cultist would that be per rules of play rather than commiting suicide?

You should ahelp if you are going to leave as an antagonist so your body can be offered to others.

If you’re leaving just because you got converted, you’re being a pretty sour sport about the game in general and should probably be antag banned.

Edit several hours later:

Fancy that.

2 Likes

Your screen variable got messed up, that was not intended. Make issue on github.

You don’t have to act smug about it. It really doesn’t make me want to play on your servers especially when after working for the betterment of the station, my round is hijacked and taken away from me without my say in the matter. And just 40 minutes ago someone was okay giving my body away to a ghost rev because I took a seat for TWO MINUTES and left irl to take care of my responsibilities. Because that’s fair right?

Also, It might be better practice to job ban someone in the round rather than waiting until they disconnect and didn’t see. Letting me continue to play cultist in the round was shitty because I didn’t know I got antag banned. Letting me off with a warning, telling me not to do something in the future, letting me say “okay I won’t do that again anymore, thanks for the warning officer” but still banning me is worse that double jeopardy. Job banning me from cult would be way better because any ghost can take the burden I don’t want to bare and they would get it faster than an ahelp. Hell, what would be better, If someone has Cultist checked off as an antag they don’t want to play, they have special flavor text and using the convert rune on them works the same as sacrificing two people.

Whatever, I’m just sour. Admins have to get their procedures in place and have them be convenient for everyone involved. I would not have played so much today if I knew I was job banned. A rev once came up to me out of the blue with his chainsaw, flashed me and chained me to death. While I was a ghost he said " You are the worst the world has to offer". Is that true? He killed me as an antag but I’m bad? Fuck that. I came here because the game was cool but now it’s not fun anymore.

1 Like

If you don’t want to play conversion: Yes. Yes it is.

You were sitting in your chair when someone ran in and converted you to a revolutionary. Because you are currently antagonist banned your body was automatically offered to ghosts. This is how conversion antagonist bans work because there is no other way to allow the game to progress smoothly.

You as an individual are not worth more than the other 30-60 players online; at no point is this intended to be a single-player experience for exclusively you to enjoy. Unexpected things happen around you and you are expected to play along as a part of a dynamic experience involving everyone else as well. If you don’t like being converted and playing along with it, your only option is being willing conversion banned so that you are immediately removed from the round and replaced with someone that is willing to play along and not ruin the other players’ experience.

You are not supposed to “take your toys and go home” when something goes against your plan.

I’m acting smug because you don’t even realize how bad this behavior is and I called it in my head as soon as that question was asked in that specific way. You’re not acting to better the station in any way, you’re being selfish and trying to game us so you can get out of playing along with conversion antags. They’ve gone to some degree of risk to acquire you as an extra helper, and if your response to being converted/slaved to an antagonist is to ruin their efforts and/or round, you don’t deserve to be an antagonist yourself - nobody else should have to put up with your antagonist rounds either. That’s the logic behind the ban.

If you want to voluntarily opt out of conversion antag specifically, you may do so - but that means conversion is an instant, permanent round removal for you.

You were online and fully capable of seeing it. This is also not a minor offense worth a warning and release. Antagonist bans do not prevent you from playing the normal game though, so it’s also not an especially harsh punishment.

Oh noo

1 Like

hamas amudswini meme video

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.