Crow4 Note Appeal by Miliviu

CKEY: crow4
Admin’s CKEY: Miliviu
Ban Type: Note
Ban Length: N/A
Ban Date: 2024-02-25
Round ID: doesn’t say
Ban Reason:

Did not follow escalation policy correctly, after defending himself from a Traitor who was shooting at him he kept hitting him repeatedly once he was critted

This note is drastically different from what happened, I was a quartermaster, i was literally standing by two people talking, one was Millii, one the traitor, and they open fired with a pistol, I ran away down the hall, and they chased me to shoot at me again, so I hit him with a toolbox. I did follow escalation as they used lethals on me, as the defender I’m allowed to beat them with a toolbox, also they were “in crit” I think the second they were horizontal I got bwoinked. THEY DID NOT DIE THEY WERE IN CRIT LAYING THERE AND MEDICAL WAS NOTIFIED BY MILLII

also didn’t tell me I was getting noted, they were very nice in the ticket and I was under the impression that it was all good and solved, but the note just reads like I somehow did something wrong.

Defender: The person who has had conflict initiated with them. Defenders may use a level of force one step above what an aggressor has used. This also allows the aggressor to match your force, so don’t bring a knife to a gun fight.

so they used armed combat, I beat them to crit. What’s the issue? They didn’t die.

4 Likes

oh shit this shouldn’t be a “staff report” it should go in “game ban appeals” right? Sorry that’s my bad there

1 Like

Hi Crow! First of all thank you for posting the appeal ^^!

After discussing the incident with another admin, @Marshmellow, who also witnessed the fight, we concluded that the only potential correction to the note might be that Lukas Collins wasn’t aiming to attack you directly, but rather Millii, and accidentally hit you a few times. Subsequently, you created some distance, grabbed a toolbox, and struck him. However, this interpretation can be subjective. I’ve reviewed the logs and honestly it’s not entirely clear whether his actions were directed at you and Millii or just Millii which is why I refrained from adding this detail to the note, to avoid unfairly portraying you in a negative light without being totally sure :).

However, the note was issued because you kept hitting Lukas when he was in Crit, (Leaving his HP at -77, almost killing him in the process!)

I want to clarify that I did tell you the issues I saw in this incident multiple times, with the hope that you had understood. I also believed that your actions were not malicious, which led me to decide on leaving a note (a measure not intended as punishment but for record-keeping purposes.)

I also always try to be nice in the tickets, even if I think the person I’m bwoinking is doing something wrong, I have no need to be an asshole when someone isn’t acting in bad faith!

I’ll however keep this in mind for future Tickets, thank you for the feedback!

So, I’ll be denying this!