Cool Community and More

Today I was setting up various useful machines in science when I stumbled upon two other fellows. “Chaplain is leaving beartraps around” - they told me, so I augmented them with wings. The second guy, who was very excited about the prospect, turned back before leaving. He thanked me and asked if I needed anything from him in return. In that single moment I remembered all the times I dealt with various annoying people and thought…hey, maybe we aren’t so bad after all.

Tell me about the cool people you’ve met and cool things you’ve seen here. The forums currently make bee seem like a shithole and I know for a fact that it isn’t true.

4 Likes

One thing I take great pleasure in if I’m a doctor is I try to keep a upgraded welder, two bundles of wire, and some eye protection in the case a IPC gets taken into medbay. The surprise people get when they see a doctor with that gear always makes the round more fun, especially helps in emergencies.

8 Likes

Nice. As a word of advice, if you strap an ipc to a stasis unit, you can perform regular-ass surgery to fix it fully. Not worth it for scraps but when the poor lad has -500 it chugs.

2 Likes

Honestly, Iga and Val pAI’s, it’s tough signing up as pAI and barely anyone picking you up, luckily i was able to grab both of them and had an amazing round. pAI’s can drastically change your enjoyment of the round, especially those two players, helpful in everything.

10 Likes

My favorite part about the community is how most a large part of the players are psychopaths who likes to ruin entire rounds for people

2 Likes

Pavliko doesn’t spoil the wholesome thread challenge(impossible)

2 Likes

There was this wholesome moment as Grod clown where Edward Irish picked me up and wore me as a scarf. That was my punishment and reward for slipping so much.

The finest of fashion, darling. :bug:

3 Likes

I remember my first or second round playing ‘Monday’ on Sage.

Monday came across a moth named Sandal, who noticed that they have never seen him before and asked if Monday was new to the station. After answering that this was indeed his first time in space Sandal offered to show Monday around the place, explaining what kind of people you could meet on the station and even offered to introduce Monday to some in particular, all while staying perfectly in character.
We chatted for quite some time before Sandal was struck with a sudden case of SSD. The rest of Mondays shift was spend rolling his very first space-friend Sandal around in a wheelchair until they could leave safely on the shuttle.

While not actually my first rounds as a player on beestation, this was one of the warmest welcoming a new player could hope for.

6 Likes

half of the stuff I’ve learned was from discord and the other is from a user who doesn’t play on bee anymore.

There was a shift many months ago where I, a mothperson, became the very proud grandmoth-er of 23 xenomorphs.

As engineer, I was hardsuited and going out one of our space airlocks. And in between the airlocks I found a xenomorph snake! It was gasping and not moving.

I welded it into a locker and took it to science since I know they’d like something fun to contain. And I’d do my little *flip *clap emotes at it to try and befriend it. I dropped off the locker with the science sec officer and went back to work.

Meanwhile I was telling RD over comms about positive reinforcement and parenting techniques. Wholesome mom advice, and reminding them good father things to do to help raise our ‘kids’ right.

Cut to 15-20 minutes later, I got a priority request to go to xenobiology immediately. It evolved into a queen and its pAI translator had it asking for its mom.

They saw me as its mother! And they and their xenokids were *flip *clap-ing too. RD let me go into the containment room with them and I gave 'em hugs. I had so many grandkids! Spraypainted “best daughter lives here” on the floor and stuff.

RD rushed me out of the room 'cause he wanted me gone. Again, I teased him about how they shouldn’t see their parents squabble. I think they ended up breaking out to be rebellious kids and get away from their father.

You know this ends - fighting, death, so on. The queen dies and I requested the brain. And gave it to a mediborg who agreed to help me rehabilitate her. So we brain transplanted into an empty human body!

She couldn’t speak common, she hissed and hid in corners, but like we tried to Jungle Book this and get her to at least be trusting of us. Geneticist turned her into an abductor species thinking that might help her language, but her telepathic speech ended up just being… telepathic hisses. :snake:

But she trusted us eventually. My bald, grey daughter that couldn’t talk that sat with me on the shuttle. On the evac trip she ended up validhunted by the security team, once they overheard who she was. We’re talking Gygax beating down the cockpit walls (and me!) to kill her kinds of validhunting.

Round ended, she died, and borgo and I recovered in CentCom medbay during EORG. I missed my kids. And then I see a ghost with runtime’s sprite near me pointing at itself.

It was an admin that named themself “Xenomorph Bifasciata.” And I remember bursting out “Oh my god, look at the name! I LOVE MY GRANDKIDS!!” It’s one of my favourite moments in SS13. :sob:

Think of all the people that helped make that happen:

• A science security officer helped take the snek into science and didn’t just kill it.

• The RD played along as a surrogate parent with me.

• The xenoqueen player played along and also mimicked their parents behaviors.

• The pAI translator helped make all of this possible through language barriers.

• Medical borg who played a very pleasant bedside manner nurse and doctor for our rehabilitated queen.

• An admin who did the cute renaming of themself as a ghost. :ghost:

• Before combat was even on the table people were chipping in on the gimmick of wholesome raising of our xeno family as a community.

12 Likes

wholesome xenos. Also, if you implant a egg sac into oneself, and then lay eggs using it, the xenos will have orders to follow your will.
I am still waiting for the event when 4 people get xeno egg sacs and have to build a army and take over the station, from the other hives

1 Like

So THAT’s why everyone is so crazy for that organ!

I could’ve installed myself as Ms. Frizzle and led xenomorphs in school field trips all this time.

And then get gunned down by security.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Free Serotonin for all.

2 Likes

There was a shift where I, a mothperson mime, became an undercover accomplice to a Resevoir Dogs style heist movie starring five traitorous members of our community.

Dillion the lawyer invited me (Sleepy Moff), the clown, the other lawyer, and another moth to ‘one last heist!’ to be planned at their office. We got hypno-flashed but for some reason it didn’t apply. Never been hypno-ed so I dunno if I just didn’t get a prompt but rolled with it since I got the text about feeling calm.

We are ordered to dress as dapper as possible, everyone went and got suits and stuff. I return in Sexy Mime oufit, bowler hat, and a cane. As always, my gear was materials for beds, synthesizers for sleepy moff music, and several bedsheets. Tactical sleeping! I also brought all animal masks from the theater vendor.

Then we got instructions for what each person will do. The guy with the emag opens the bridge, I was to disable cameras once inside, clown distracts, etc. And we were told the actual plan to steal the nuke disk and medals from captain’s bedroom. If combat begins, we were all to scatter.

And because Dillion was holding this in the lawyer office… right beside me was a universal recorder.
TIL’d how to use a universal recorder as he was saying the plan aloud and recorded the whole thing. I kept that 2 minute recording so that maybe halfway into the round I could turn it in to security.

The group is told to travel as a group, and everyone heads down. IDs were to be removed and masks go on once inside. I was told to get wirecutters on the way so I broke off and arrived mid-heist.

I walked in to the captain shooting lasers at the gang. One security officer is there too. And I have no idea what is going on. So I do what I do best.

I tactically make a bed and put down a bedsheet and sleep on the bridge. Flashes, batongs, chaos goes down and I manage to disposal myself without anyone noticing. Local sleepy moff mime enthusiasts join me in “laying low” by sleeping in beds in public spaces.

A long while after I tried to pass the heist transcript to the then acting captains but they ignored me. At this point command have been blamed for lethal force, the gang is mostly in jail, and I’ve not had success informing the authorities.

… So I turned on an intercom speaker in the bridge and hit play recording. It plays the ENTIRE conversation with names and timestamps over general comms.

Once it gets to the part with the disk and medal targets being said, Dillion is yelling to shut it off. He knows he’s trapped now. He sees me in the bridge and it’s this crushed betrayal for him.

It’s out in the open now. Right away comms get scrambled and the AI (who is a syndie) goes loud and initiates doomsday device. Delta alert, immediate destruction.

I run from the bridge and bolt for arrivals to get on a pod, and early launch to survive. I strap in and am playing my little Sleepy Moff song on the synthesizer. No one else is at the pod. Until…

Guess. Who. Shows. Up. Dillion comes into the pod with me just as it launches.

It’s just us in a pod all alone. The boys are all in jail except for us and despite what happened and Dillion’s character being heartbroken in that Godfather kind of way… we don’t fight one another. He comes to understand I was Mr. Orange all along. (And because I can’t assist antags as non-antag. The hypno didn’t work for some reason). I’m quite honest and unapologetic as I nod to his every accusation.

I change my song to Ducktales’ Moon song now that we land on lavaland. It’s announced that AI is dead and doomsday is averted. We stare at the lava river above the pod and kinda chill. Moff betrayed lawyer’s trust, even if it was the right thing to do for a good person. And we decide to work together to return to the station. We go south and find Heiro ruin. We go a little beyond that and find golem ship but it’s totally barren and unupgraded. We stay for a moment and contemplate building up. Evac is announced for 5 minutes from now. We could make it.

Moff wants to get frienemy and self to the station, and suggest we make a break for it. We head out of the golem ship a ways and find Hospital Ruin. JACKPOT! It has GPS units we can use to find the mining base! The base is 100m away and we run it. We get into the base, make our way and call shuttle. A miner shows up, we get a little bullied (I mean c’mon it’s a moff and Dillion) but they launch the shuttle for us and exit before it takes off.

We’re kinda stuck in the shuttle because without miner IDs we cannot access the shuttle terminal. Ideas happen, including lawyer suggesting using a bluespace pad they have. They go to drag me out into space to use it. They step out first and blink out of existance for me… THEN the mining shuttle docks with SS13. Apparently a miner initiated the landing right then and there and I get out and go to evac.

Grab a weed leaf from botany that’s out and about since I ate too much and go to evac, hoping Dillion made it to the station. I don’t have a way to speak and tell him I made it. Tripping out of my mind, I see Dillion at Evac in space. He made it! Much mime clapping and merriment is had.

Then my brain dies because the weed had drugs to melt a brain in <30 seconds. Dillion got to see me just in time to watch me die. Borgo on shuttle brain surgery-ed me enough and revival surgery-ed me up just before the shuttle reached NT. What a rollercoaster of emotions. Dillion thought he was making a heist movie. Little did he know I was staging Resevoir Dogs.

Then during EORG I said nya and got gibbed by an admin, revived as my mothy self but only capable of uwu-speak. Mediborg and I do the only sane thing in response and immediately find the nearest CentCom door shutter and crush me to death.

7 Likes

Uncool

3 Likes