Complete Medbay Removal

What if there just wasn’t any medbay at all. We remove the entire department including the brig med room, the mining med room, the golem med room and all medical spawns on space ruins.

This includes medical jobs and medical bots, also the odysseus. We will also remove all healing chemicals from botany as well as podding.

We also remove blueprints for all medical machinery, scanners, analyzers and surgical tools.

Only available medicine wound be in roundstart medical kits. You could order more in cargo. The medbay is turned into a public shuttle dock.

If you die, that’s it. Think of how much faster rounds would be with this.

17 Likes

expect it to get merged soon

19 Likes

If i get 10 reddit upvotes im making the public dock replacement PR.

6 Likes

Finally a reasonable medbay nerf

6 Likes

About time we had some common sense PRs around here.

7 Likes

How stupid, the entire health system has to go.

All those pesky deaths and injuries ripping you from your RP and projects, smh. Cant have disturbances like that, we gotta value our player’s time more.

2 Likes

I was with you on the meme then I thought about this phrase.

Permadeath sounds absolutely awesome to me.

It would require a change in how we approach combat but that would make it so much more scary.

Imagine if your only way to get back in a round from death was trough a respawn and you can’t be yourself no more. Bro…

2 Likes

I agree. We should introduce it as at least a gamemode.

1 Like

Static players forced to use their second character slot.

Utterly terrifying.

10 Likes

This is very real

3 Likes

Perhaps it could make players tankier in general and ensure ashwalker is always an option :fire: :fire: :fire:

1 Like

There you go, I gave my whole 10%

7 Likes

Damn, not even using StrongDMM to render it.

As a static player that used to change characters often I wouldn’t mind this. But I meant like maybe you get a standard character. Well known statics from the same person changing in the middle of the round would be metagamed to oblivion haha

1 Like

“In the future, Space Station 13 servers will be all be located on a 3x3 room with a clown and a sec officer and one stun baton”

11 Likes

the rumble room

1 Like

don’t forget Ian.

1 Like

i hate this, where will runtime sleep now, medbay is her own bed

1 Like

bad ideas only :troll:

Roboticist is going to be overworked to death

1 Like