Common HOP requests

“Hi HOP I am the stage magician and I wish to crib out the science outpost, I will need sci access, rnd access, mining access & cargo access”

So you fill out an access form, get it stamped or signed by the RD and QM for their approval and return to get your access so you can continue.

1. you’re the hop, you hand out cargo access, not him. He is not a head.
  2. if that takes me too long because I had to keep chasing them, some asshat shoved me over and stole the papers or whatever

Does the QM even have an ID console over there at cargo?

The Head of Personnel is in charge of Supply, however, it is recommended to delegate these tasks to the Quartermaster

This is why I run most supply access by the QM, since as a HOP you are usually too busy to constantly keep an eye on both the supply and service staff.

Also, if the QM is refusing to do their duties, you can inform that at the line, at which case you will be given access and the QM gets talked to about their duties and what they are expected to do as the QM.

This is the reason for 90% of the delays, its the speedrun any% players who refuse to fill out the form and instead get upset and spend the entire round harassing other people in the line, stealing and burning papers. This should be in my opinion considered griefing and poor RP as their only purpose is to make the experience for everyone worse, especially since according to the SOP the HOP is not allowed to do security work so when someone acts up in the line you need to call for security to remove and detain them.

1 Like

Bruh, delegate? What else do you have to do after telling me to go to the QM for cargo access (Which afaik doesn’t even have an ID console, confirmation needed)
go to cargo yourself and check if they’re ordering guns xd?

You get his approval because he is delegated to run supply, so he doesnt have to deal with people running around with cargo access without his approval. He isnt considered a head but he is in charge of the department below the HOP.

This is all about the player interactions and my honest advice is that if you just want to do your thing without any unnecessary interactions, play on golden, it has been greatly improved and is a good fit for players who want to just play the core game instead of the roleplay aspect of it.

There’s a difference between player interaction, and doing something as stupid and pointless as pimping out sci outpost. (Try it yourself, it is lacking of literally everything and has no literal purpose other than being a cult base).

If the setup of something I wish to do already takes long (e.g: building a shuttle), and you purposefully continue adding preparation to it, hoes gonna be mad, ye.

When Im doing station engineer work I always ask for Atmospherics access at round start too.

That way when the station becomes explode and needs to be refilled with air I can patch holes in the station first and then access the air alarms and set them to refill mode.

Oh ye, I almost forgot to mention.

I will never believe anyone saying they do paperwork hop for RP purposes.
You do it because people get angry at it.
I’m not saying that you should just give out access to other departments.
The respective heads of the department have their own ID console, why even have people go to them with papers to get stamped, when they can grant ID access them selves?

I honestly enjoy the paperwork, having an orderly papertrace of all permissions and forms adds a layer of immersion and depth into the otherwise stale standard of the job. Every single round I make sure that I label all of the papers properly with stamps, proper naming and filing. I also take the filing cabinet with me on the escape shuttle, protecting it with my life, not because I gain any gameplay advantage with it but because of the RP perspective, considering that NT would most likely want all of the paperwork brought back to CC to be inspected.

2 Likes

Do you bring the linen bin onto the shuttle with you

I know, ive set up the base multiple times and its a hassle on sage. This is why I honestly suggest trying out golden, its much more suited for playing the game just because of the gameplay itself.

The base has literally nothing on it worth while tbh, more hassle than it’s worth.
and it’s worth nothing ;d

I’ve yet to see an HoP take the cake; follow this rule and you’ll be 100% fine:

If the line is starting to become seriously long, minimize delays.

If you want to reconstruct it efficiently on sage try consulting engineers and science. Often times you have idle people in those roles who would love to help.

This way you create a meaningful interaction with players to restore it.

If you just want to reconstruct it yourself, I once again suggest golden or playing as an engineer or a scientist on sage.

all it takes to reconstruct it, is just wire the apcs and that’s that xd

Delays are minimized if everyone takes their form and fills it out off the line. The issue comes when people go “unga me want access now bunga” which is a playstyle more suitable for golden.

Every clown player in HOP line ever :

2 Likes

would it be a clown if they didn’t unga bunga?