Common HOP requests

In regards of bringing back more paperwork to the HOP job, I need your input on what you regularly request from the HOP, so I can turn your ideas and suggestions into standardized and tedious request forms.

Bonus points if the request needs approval from multiple department heads.

1 Like

when Sec has only a few officers, it’s usually pretty common for them to ask for basic access to several more departments in addition to what they’re assigned at start.

I honestly really like paperwork HoPs, it’s kind of fun to fill out stuff as a head of staff.
It’s also very funny to see peoples reactions to being handed a form.

I usually see janitors/sec asking for basic department access to all departments.
Stuff like chaplain and other similar jobs asking for maints access.

Beyond that it’s usually just job changes and the dreaded all access request.

2 Likes

I dare suggest that all access require paperwork filled out in triplicate, each copy stamped by all heads and the captain, along with a background check authorized and stamped by the HoS, a legal waiver of responsibility on the part of Nanotrasen drafted and approved by the law office, and a written endorsement by either the clown or the mime. If someone manages to get all that, then they deserve the AA.

3 Likes

it’d be easier just to greytide lol

i would probably dew it tho cause i’m unrobust af

edit: gun licenses, i guess

That is a good idea, since I usually handle extended access with a form specifying which departments they want access to, with it also requiring to get stamps from all the heads.

For an example, if you have a form that asks for med, sci and engineering access but you cant get a stamp from lets say CE, you cant use the same form to get med and sci access.
Instead you need to file a new form that specifies that you want med and sci access instead and requires new stamps from both the CMO and the RD.

All access requesters are the best in my opinion, they get their hopes up when you tell them that sure, they can have all access. IF they get the all of the stamps and approvals from every head and the captain on their access request form.

And even if they get all the stamps, you can still check it for errors, such as the heads stamping in the wrong spots, which means that if you dont want to give them AA you just say that the form is not correctly stamped, hand them a new one and wish them a nice day.

This could be expanded with a major form for AA and minor forms specifically for each department. The major form would require all the stamps with an explanation on why they need all the said access while the minor forms would require them to explain their purpose for the exact access, their prior experience in the said department and it would be require a stamp from the head of said department.

Yeah, this is mainly for sage where you cant just greytide worldwide around the station and actually need to go through the hop if you dont want to face IC and OOC consequences.

Also, I already have a basic weapon permit form, which could be combined with the background check form.

One more post regarding the background check, this one could be a seperate form which can be used in combination with more important forms but would require security or captain approval, depending on the situation. With the background form it would be also necessary to deliver medical and security records to prove that the said form is valid and that those two have been taken in count when approving the form.

Or you could just have them come to you for your stamp last and then just deny it. :flushed:

1 Like

requests for a raise
demotions/promotions

1 Like

Yeah, thats an option too, if they gather all the other stamps but need the hop stamp you can still always deny all their papers.

A classic is a pen requisition form that requires a signature in the case that someone doesnt have their pen and needs one to sign a different form

3 Likes

why would someone not have a pen? your pda has one roundstart and you can find em practically all over the map. worst case scenario you have to make a trip to the autolathe

I genuinely believe that if I am trying to do something, and you turn your part from 30 seconds to 10 minutes, I should be able to kill you.

1 Like

The guy openly admits he wants to piss people off with the paperwork, copy pasting forms is not roleplay or gameplay.

1 Like

Forcing paperwork is an acceptable IC conflict, and I’d have to disagree on it not encouraging roleplay because it creates player-to-player interaction with multiple parties, and those interactions have everything to do with good roleplaying opportunities.

6 Likes

I enjoy discouraging the lrp playstyle of “me speedrun powergame, me want access”

Also, it all depends on how you interact. If you cause chaos in the line while yelling “shitter unbased unbased shitter me want access shitter” its only going to make getting the access you want harder for you.

Just, before you go to the line, think about what you want, why you want it and spend the extra minute filling out the simple form and most of the time you will get your request accepted.

1 Like

Actually, let me give you a step by step guide on how to get your access on a paperwork line.

1. Dont disturb the line, wait for your turn and act like a sane person.
  2. Fill the paperwork off the line and follow instructions, this way you let everyone get their forms and make the line go faster.
  3. Take the extra 30 seconds of typing an actual reason on the form instead of “Me want based access”

If this is too much I honestly suggest you try moving to golden where you can speedrun your assistant powergame strat any% without having to go through player interactions.

1 Like

The only way you turn it into 10 minutes is asking for unnecessary requests with no reasons while creating a conflict.

Most of the issues are just because people still have the AD/HD mentality where they want their access or request processed instantly, instead of filling out the simple form for your reasonable access.

All of the longer forms are made specifically for the people who come to hopline, ask for AA or something equally funny while providing nothing except conflict to the interaction.

If a clown comes in asking for AA to do le funny prank on the entire station, you can be sure im gonna hand him a major form with subforms for every single department and if he actually fills them all out properly, he gets his AA.