mute
Ban Length:
perma
Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
28/06/2021
Ban Reason:
mentally challenged word goes here
Appeal Reason:
ike’s warn was a meme warn, doesn’t count. i just want to remind you all that the “mentally challenged word goes here” filter is unnecessary. might as well filter out “fuck” or “shit”.
i’d want to say that this mute was completely unnecessary as well as it lasts forever just for 3 warnings.
the ability to talk again would be great.
Additional Information:
no

All three of your warnings are from this month, and both filter bypass from this week. I think this can sit for a little bit personally.

@llol111 @Froststahr are in charge of the filter bypass warnings

While Ike is definitely over-sensitive about pings, I don’t agree with this. Admins would warn you if you ping them to respond to an admin application, and pinging Ike to look at your PR is worth at least a short term warning too when done completely out of the blue. Don’t ping people for things that aren’t urgent.

I’ll lift the Ike warning in a week’s time, so at most you’ll be muted for a week.

Edit your OP.

Personal feelings of the filter aside, you still have to follow the rules of whatever place you’re at, it doesn’t look good when you’re basically writing the exact same thing after the bot told you off.

Llol’s is older so I suppose it should be up to him.

not even the exact same thing, a different word
fire-■■■■■■ant, per say

You had your initial message deleted by Beebot due to filtered word, and then you directly reposted it in a way to bypass the filter. You weren’t just using it in passing, or in reference to some system being dumb, but as a direct insult to another user.

Your argument in the thread is blatantly bad faith given the context of the situation, and you show no intention of following the filter whatsoever. I rescind my previous offer to lift Ike’s warning in a week - you can stay muted until you come to terms with not being allowed to bypass our chat filter or else you’re just going to end up muted again anyway.

You can either choose to put up with our filter or leave. I’d really rather not see you leave given your positive influence on the codebase, but even with that you don’t get any more of a pass to bypass the rules of the land than anyone else.

how do you know my intents. it’s just two times. and if you don’t let me even send any messages how do you even know anything at all. considering the context you’re just using it against me. it’s not the end of the world for one word.

Followed by the automatically deleted “Deal with it ■■■■■■”
and then followed up with “Deal with it ■■■■■■ant” which was sent explicitly to bypass the previously filtered message.

Your intent is crystal clear.

Both messages are stored in a channel called #extended-audit-log along with the admin which deleted them.

Then why is it so hard to give up that one word, agree not to say it here and move on? You are choosing to die on the hill of “it’s not that bad” by taking the stance you are.

I’ll reiterate what I already said: Put up with the the filter and rules or leave. The mute isn’t going to lift until you agree to follow the rules as they are instead of following what you want to do.

You don’t have to like or agree with the filter - you just have to agree not to bypass it. Post an agreement to follow the rules instead of an argument about how dumb you think they are.

i’ll agree to not bypass it. but it’s still such an out-of-nowhere rule, like come on.

Would be neato if the higher-ups could discuss the contents of the filter again. Some of the words on the blacklist should most certainly not be filtered.

->tries to used word
->word is blocked
->Spells it in a diffrent way to be able to say it anyways
->gets warned for it
->proceeds to do it again a bit later

How about no?
Mine sticks.

there isn’t a third time, doesn’t count

If there are no further incidents for a week I’ll get to lifting the warning for pinging Ike, but the other two admins have decided to uphold their warnings so this is getting locked now.