Coding bickering thread

People just don’t like being treated badly. It’s not that deep.

If you say “hey, wouldn’t it be cool if X” and you get replies from a coder etc that says “god I fucking hate non-coders that complain about the game” then you are rightfully going to feel dismissed, condescended to and disparaged.

Seriously. 99% of the coder hate is because the default response from the beestation coders/maintainers is “shut the fuck up NON-STAFF WYCI WYCI WYCI”.

Slippable blood is a perfectly reasonable and sound idea. Implementation was easy, haters rejected it. :pensive:

1 Like

That’s not what said at all, guy just wanted to bitch and moan about ‘muh coders only nerfing’

Not talking about your specific situation, bud.
If you want to understand what I’m trying to say, I suggest you reread the post and try to think about it in a vacuum.

That’s what started the thing.
And you wanna know why “wyci” is the usual responce? We’re people too, we also play the game and dedicate some of our free time to coding. If the idea seems cool to us, we code it in. If the idea is '“wouldn’t it be nice to have TG wounds/Baymed” the responce is “we’ll need to unfuck kapulimbs and our 7+ damage procs across ~1500 uses and nobody has the motivation to do that”.
Just keep in mind that all coders here are volunteers and if you really want to see an idea get implemented you should probably post a bounty for it.

I wouldn’t mind the response you’ve just given.

This should help!
I dont know why we didnt copy their file structure in the first place

“this just reeks of entitlement”
they are entitled. they’re the ones who took the time to learn to code, and who take the time to do the work on coding for bee. thus, they are entitled to the privilege of choosing what to code, seeing as nothing would get done without them. see how that works?
this thread is the motivation i needed to start learning. thanks @Ruko for posting the guide above

1 Like

i doubt there’s any hope for the random pperson asking for X to “code it themselves”
nor for the singular coder… when talking about reworking LE MEDCODE and maybe kapulimbs.
so unless a coalition of coders is formed consider it a untouchable monolith

1 Like

I read this and now I too want it.
why have you introduced me to a world that won’t have people slipping on blood and thus not wanting more janitors?

Im telling you, i coded it, it was working great, someone else did a pr too, but they rejected it… Humanity is not ready for such realism in ss13 where a pool of blood is actually slippery. (And the backbone is there since theres a variable called ‘bloodiness’ or what so a presence of that is enough for a condition to call slipping on someone)

Hi that was me.

Come up with an original (at least to me, didn’t know someone else attempted) idea to improve gameplay interactions in a meaningful way that encourages RP and avoiding huge disgusting bloodbaths.

“Oh my god this will be terrible”
“Do you know how much of a pain this will be”

Yes. I do. At first. Also plenty of hilarious shenanigans too.
And after a pretty brief adjustment period, I think the game will be much better for it.

It could maybe added when Borbop ports liquids upstream from Monke.

You’d understand how annoying getting backseated is if you learned how to code yourself.

3 Likes

This is just simply too good to miss out on

2 Likes

Folks be like “Jani stop mopping the halls!” but then if this happened people would be like "why the fuck isn’t the jani mopping this hall?!?!

1 Like

If only there was a easy to make liquid that didn’t slip people… though then there would be no point to playing a jani :woozy_face:

This mans knows whats up.

gonna have to practice ghetto chemistry, chemists don’t make SHIT in terms of space cleaner

Just gotta bum ammonia off of botany.

1 Like

well personally I was thinking I’d just take light-bulbs and glow sticks in the ol’ kitchen holodeck sim