Chiryn admin report

In-game misconduct:Giving me a note for nothing

CKEY:Kilroy293

Your Discord:I no longer have one

Offender’s CKEY:Chiryn

Offender’s In-Game Name (if relevant):-

Date (MM-DD-YYYY):03-15-2023

Round Number:43155

Incident Description:I was a Sec off. Clown who was most likely traitor flooded bridge with non sentient clowns, we rushed in and arrested the real clown, Rook Baer(The med guy, playing traitor) was coming in after us, as we were arresting Clown, Rook dragged them off while phasing around with the hand tele, i went after them thru the portals, eventually managed to stun them as ive seen them holding the tele in their hands. The hand tele fell onto the floor from their grasp, other sec officer cuffed the stunned Rook and took them in to custody, i picked up the fallen hand tele and went back on my way to find clown.(Rest is irrelevant)

Admin during escape shuttle messaged me if i were the one who arrested Rook Baer, i told them i didnt, because i technicly wasnt the one taking them in and cuffing them, then they started to question me why did i search them with “no evidence”, eventually they gave me a note as if i really just randomly arrested and searched someone.

I am on thin ice since my comeback from my past permaban and i am on my best behavior, i dont want notes to pile up, especially if its for something i legit didnt even do.

Additional Information:

Here is the conversation with Chiryn (sorry i am too lazy to clean the text up):

Admin PM from-Chiryn: Hey, were you the one to arrest Rook Baer?
PM to-Admins: No, i havent taken in anyone this shift
Admin PM from-Chiryn: Gotcha
You can no longer reply to this ticket, please open another one by using the Adminhelp verb if need be.
Admin PM from-Chiryn: Can you explain the whole ordeal with them then?
Admin PM from-Chiryn: How did you find the hand tele?
PM to-Admins: He was literally popping it in bridge man…
Admin PM from-Chiryn: Seems here you stunned them in the AI sat.
PM to-Admins: Yes, they popped the stolen hand tele and taken the suspect with them
PM to-Admins: Whats the matter with that?
PM to-Admins: Admin, i wanna log off soon, anything is up with the stuff i did?
Admin PM from-Chiryn: Yeah, you should gather actual proof before arresting somebody
PM to-Admins: For fucks sake, how is a regular medbay guy allowed to carry a hand tele?
Admin PM from-Chiryn: That wasn’t good enough and warranted a search at best
PM to-Admins: What search?
Admin PM from-Chiryn: The situation in the bridge was very hectic, and there was little chance anyone saw them
PM to-Admins: i went after them thru the portal, literally seen them have the hand tele IN THEIR HAND
PM to-Admins: I DID NOT SEARCH THEM, it was in their hand
PM to-Admins: You trying to make me explain things that didnt even happen
Admin PM from-Chiryn: Alright, but please try to at least search somebody before arresting them in the future, and/or gather proof of their acts.
PM to-Admins: i wasnt the one taking them in , also how could regular staff be having A HAND TELE? isnt that enough of a reason to arrest them? ( i still wasnt the one who arrested them)
PM to-Admins: Yo, you seriously gave me a note for nothing? I WASNT THE ONE WHO ARRESTED THE GUY, I DID NOT PUT HANDCUFFS ON THEM, I DID NOT SEARCH THEM
Admin PM from-Chiryn: You told the other officer to arrest them because they supposedly had the hand tele based on little evidence.
Your issue is being investigated by an administrator, please stand by.
PM to-Admins: Man, how is it little evidence, if they stand there in front of you , hand tele IN THEIR hand, and USING IT?

Shouldn’t this be a note appeal instead.

This sounds like a ban appeal to me. (Also this is in the admin feedback section)

Either way, are you reporting them for wrongfully applying you a note, or accusing them of intentionally lying in the note, being biased or any other form of malicious action?

The situation comes off as if the admin decided to act entirely based on the reporting player’s claims with no regard for the reported player’s response to those claims. That sounds like a solid case for potential bias to me.

Even if not actively malicious or biased, it’s pretty far beyond the realm of a reasonable mistake to completely ignore player input during a ticket isn’t it? If the posted ahelp logs are accurate and there was nothing present to contradict the claims @Jester was making in them, this seems like a case of gross negligence to me at best. Round is ending and nobody likes it being delayed doesn’t seem like a good justification for acting on assumptions of guilt while that guilt is being denied.

That’s a really big if on those logs being accurate though

That is what I wanted them to clarify but thank you for doing so. Definitely sounds like something that is admin reportable.

I checked logs on both sides. It’s hard to tell who did what, when, and what happened exactly from just those alone. I went off on my best judgement and what I heard from both parties. You can check the ahelp from the reporting player as well, and Jester should’ve provided the full story from the start.
They told me they saw the medic go through a portal, followed them and saw them with the hand tele in hand, mid chaos. A search was not done, and it was escalated to an arrest instantly, as Jester asked another officer to arrest them, which in my eyes seemed wrong at the time.
So, yes, I was not entirely sure what exactly happened, as I did not see it unfold. When the ahelp was made, Rook Baer was being arrested for allegedly having the teleporter on them, but there were no prints, and the teleporter was nowhere to be seen, but I could be wrong. I believe that the teleporter wasn’t even on them. @itsmeowdev can give their side as well because I did not have much to go off of. I admit I may not have perfectly handled that, but I did my best in considering both sides of the problem.

1 Like

At the time I was arrested, I was not holding the hand tele, it was dropped at some point between teleporting from bridge, to research, and then to the AI sat. I was fairly obviously holding the hand tele in bridge for about 3 seconds before I broke into a portal chaos mess.

It is very likely they both saw and determined it was me holding the hand tele,

however, they were not the one performing the arrest, processing my arrest, etc. The hand tele was not in my hand when I was arrested, and I had no other contraband aside from the “nuke disk” (traitor fake kind) which I claimed I was taking to bridge to give to HoP/Acting Cap. This was believable, since we were all just in maintenance due to a rad storm.

In my opinion, the arresting security officers are largely responsible, since they were acting on the orders with no evidence, as I had nothing on me and no prints on the hand tele. All they had was a single eyewitness from a secoff during a chaotic situation.

I think it would probably be unfit to give a note to this player specifically for ordering the arrest, it was rather that the arrest continued (and I was never released) despite there being absolutely zero evidence.

1 Like

Alrighty so time to break this down.

Generally after reviewing the logs I considered the note to be wrongfully applied. The note was factually incorrect and should have, as kat has already pointed out, be applied to the whole security team for keeping them in the brig.
A single eyewitness is generally a form of evidence that you can definitely argue with over security, when you are being arrested. You had reasonable cause to order someone else to arrest and then search them in the brig. What you did not have reasonable cause to is to keep them in the brig over an eyewitness.

Your note has already been removed. Now that we got the “note appeal part” out of the way.

Lets get to the actual meat (heh) of the report. Chiryn intentionally or unintentionally ignoring and thus misinterpreting the situation and applying a wrong warning.

I do not believe that chiryn actually acted intentionally maliciously here. From what I can tell they were rather stressed out and in a rush during the round and while handling your ticket. The main issue was though that they did not double check what you said, or what another party said and went straight to assuming certain things.
They have been talked to about this and been told how they could improve in the future.

Oh also as a side note. Don’t do stuff like that. Was considering closing the report and resolving it internally simply because of this. An admins word is final and do not threaten an admin with reports or action. An admins word is final for the round.

Accepted