Chet Masterson's 3 week ban appeal, banned for making a mistake, outside of control

CKEY: Chet Masterson

Admin’s CKEY: WhyisCaecilistaken

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both

Which server did the ban happen on? Sage

Ban Type: Global Server Ban

Ban Length: 3 weeks

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2020-04-07

Round ID: 14360

**Ban Reason:**Gave the AI obnoxious laws as captain, then brought colossus onto station via mining shuttle.

Appeal Reason: So basically, banned from both servers, because of this. The round starts, I’m captain, an unnamed shitter is the AI, and honestly, I didn’t want to put up with all the shitter AI stuff, so I give him Mother Drone laws, basically making him just build stuff and repair the station. As captain, I then go to lavaland to check on the miners, and holy shit there is a colossus right there, and I try to run away but the fucker follows me and I try to escape but just as I hit the button for the pod he jumps on and kills me. Basically the AI was like “I’m not doing anything because my laws tell me to do nothing” while the Colossus rampaged the station. None of this was intentional, I never wanted the colossus to come onto the ship, he was literally right there on lava land because he spawned right near the base. 3 weeks on both servers is super extreme for a little mess up. I’m totally fine with a 3 week job ban from captain, honestly I dislike being captain.

I’m sorry that this happened, and honestly when I saw the colossus, I should have just stayed and let it kill me, but I just kinda freaked out and ran back. With the AI laws, I thought giving him Mother Drone would solve shit, but all it did was make it worse, because instead of following it’s laws, it kinda just did jack shit and shot the crew, not actually making an effort to repair the station when it got damaged.

honestly im okay with a permaban from captain even, I honestly hate this kinda stuff where everything goes tits up

Just to add aswell I like this AI guy, I dont want him to get in trouble at all

1 Like

I cannot prove anything one way or another, but I would be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt considering it was not you who brought it to the mining station.

I have to wait for someone else to give an opinion before I can act upon this.

1 Like

What a hilariously unfortunate series of events.

Shitter AI? Just gonna flex on them real quick…
I’m so robust, in fact I’m gonna go flex on lavaland
oh no lavaland flexed on me
lavaland continues to flex on the station
AI too flexed on to flex
Get flexed on by Admin

Saint Chet didn’t do nothing
Meme related

3 weeks though @Caecilius far too long for what MAY be a unfortunate accident

A mistake is a mistake and shouldn’t be severely punished - If you don’t 100% believe this was done with malicious intent then I think the ban should be lightened at least.

Curious what the AI did that round to warrant being neutered

1 Like

the ai just started the round being like “destroy all humans only syndicate are crew, kill kill kill” and I was like I’m too old for this shit

Man, this is just a comedy of errors. You got cucked by a colossus and it happened to get loose on the station. As long as it can’t be proven to be intentional, I say the sentence should be lightened.

Captain should not be leaving the station, though. It is a direct violation of Rule 12:

Heads of Staff, generally, should not abandon their post. This means you should not leave the station on space adventures or explore lavaland.

I mean, its debatable I even left the station by that rule, considering you cant the mining station as part of the station

1 Like

3 weeks captain ban
And server unban

2 Likes

Lavaland != the station, chief. There’s a reason the nuke disk respawns elsewhere if you go to lavaland with it. Leaving the station Z-level, not on a pod or the emergency shuttle, is a violation of that rule as a non-antag head of staff.

This is my feeling on the matter as well.

ah I see, nevermind then, I shouldn’t have been in lavaland at all.

1 Like

Should be unbeaned imo, and a note or short term Cap job ban for leaving to Lavaland.
It’s just funny how all his mistakes culminated into what on the surface would appear to be pure shittery. I think it’s pretty obvious dude wasn’t trying to grif.

its like a curb your enthusiasm episode.

Chet: Gets on Shuttle back, lets out a phew.

deep growl

Chet: Looks back

Que Frolic from CYE

2 Likes

holy shit fucking based
i was the ai that round
this n- gave me drone lawset making unable to open and close shit and i had to deny shuttle call without directly interfering with anyone
the colo on the station was… interesting too gave me the function to repair the station while i had no borgs nor shells cuz they either diied to it or to the lings going round the station
i feel like i should say something in your defense but… you actually shidded on the station, tho i say 3weeks is kinda too much since you didnt take the colo on purpose, instead you were doing what mrpers do and ran, also buff mrp speed…

Thank you Bruce. to be fair it was the colo who shidded

1 Like

no i mean after you uploaded my laws i just saw you jam in the bar and vibe on cargo
not actually doin caps shit, but i do agree its a boring fucking job to have.

okay yes I was playing my trombone or guitar to liven up the crew spirits

pls buff mrp speed i can easily run 2x as fast as lrp speed so mrp speed being faster would accurately reflect reality (for me)

im trying to get unbanned here, not get my speed changed