Change server lore from CommonCore to NSV

Right now, Bee has barely any lore:

The wiki uses /tg/'s commoncore, which has always been written for LRP in mind. How can you do good RP if your setting isn’t made for it?

New features/balances eventually conflicts with /tg/'s lore because nobody updates the wiki.

Discrepancies lore, for example, on bee, phobos is the location of central command (which makes less sense because even on commoncore CC’s location is classified), on NSV, phobos is a syndicate shipyard. A mothman is depicted as either horror creature bent on death of those who saw it or as cute monster.

Lack of lore means lack of direction, there’s no goals for what bee should become.

Therefore, I suggest bee to migrate to NSV’s lore instead, which is more developed than what is on sage right now.

1 Like

why is NSV lore any better?

Because there’s actually more detailed lore than what bee currently has.

And since bee is closer to NSV than to /tg/ it’s better to use lore designed for the code.

NSV manages to maintain MRP-ness where Bee has given up on.

1 Like

We’ve tried that, but honestly I’m not a fan of just a total copy and pasting of NSV lore. I was a part of a team of people a year ago who worked on reworking the lore and spent like a hour and a half going through the lore of NSV.

Read through the most recent rant about beestation, not going to quote like three different things from it but there are some comments on the thread that goes into how in general the server has dropped the pretty abstract and loose meaning of “MRP” to just “RP”. That and I know you probably don’t mean this when you say that but lore is not going to magically change the entire player base. Yes it can help make better characters, but I doubt that people who haven’t played on NSV is going to care much about that lore. I rather literally just make lore that relates to the server than copying the lore from a related server, which is what I’m working on right now actually.

It’s less about the history of Nanotrason and the universe, and more of how things work and why things are the way they are. Like for example, at least in the lore I’m making, the reason you see so many of the same faces every round is that each command outposts has a massive bank of DNA/clones that Nanotrason has collected of qualified people that have the right combination of personality and intelligence to use for the research stations. These clones can be customized by adding knowledge needed for their assigned job, which is determined via a randomized lottery system. These clones can also have misshapes caused by the syndicates and other organizations that can result in things like revolutionaries and changlings. The syndicate can also hack into clones as they’re growing to make them into agents, which also unlocks the knowledge of every job that is blocked off. Clones though can survive their experience on the station and usually have their memories uploaded to update each CC’s memory database for that clone.

1 Like

This is something that still won’t change?

[citation needed]

be creative and improvise, as always.

huh?

That’s why we are using /tg/'s lore for a space station and not NSV’s lore for ship combat :^)

2 Likes

I’m part of the NSV lore team and I just wanna say that we literally made our lore to fit into the beestation setting, we’re 200 odd years in the past, and we’ve set up a whole ecosystem with the thought “this is gonna be bee-lore in 200 years” in mind, so it ought to work just fine.

2 Likes

What is the difference between NSV lore and current lore that would improve beestation?

How many people play NSV? I didn’t even know the server is still running, is it just weekends?

1 Like

when i see ss13 lore i cry

1 Like

It doesn’t help your argument to just lie.

The fact that our RP standard isn’t high enough for you doesn’t mean we’ve given up on it.

4 Likes

How would changing to NSV lore affect how people RP? There is probably about like 10 people at most who have actually read common core or NSV lore.

2 Likes

Easy fix. Use Skyrat lore. Clearly the best option

The clear fix of low RP issues is to nerf mining.

4 Likes

NSV lore is made to be compatible with pre-common core bee, so apart from some historical flavour you’d have to figure that out yourself.

Lots of people, every weekend.

It wouldn’t, as NSV lore is made to result in what is basically your current lore.
I hope more than that read the lore, I saw some people use our lore in-game, so that’s something at least.

1 Like

Oh no Milly, have you seen the lore Xyel recently wrote for SR? It’s politics hell! He even banned multiple people for making fun of it!!!

Gonna admitt… i didnt even glance at actual sr lore : /

2 Likes

No thanks, I’m asking you as clearly you know what makes it so much better than common lore.

1 Like

That is a blatant fucking lie.

However, i would love more Beestation lore.

/tg/ Commoncore is almost inaccessible now.

5 Likes

Hey I’m not saying it’s better for you guys, It basically makes no difference. I’m just here to say we’ve made it compatible just in case.

1 Like

Hahahaha, that is just me rambling about the mothmen myth from idea channel on discord. Like in original story about mothman it was a creature that was a scary monster that can kill you. Though some people depict mothmen as cute creature. It is not lore related, it is just me randomly saying about how mothmen are depicted in cultures.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.