Captain_Wiesel Banned by ZodrakDovah

CKEY: Captain_Wiesel

Admin’s CKEY: ZodrakDovah

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Both

Ban Type: Gameban / permanent

Ban Length:life time

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):2019-09-30

Round ID: 7499

Ban Reason: attacked random players as a borg with law one being 1. First, do no harm no laws conflicted with this, left upon bwoinked

Appeal Reason: Cuz i still think that the perma ban is a little bit to mutch and i just want some good time on your server (LRP and MRP) again

*Additional Information: Well a lil bit time has past now, so i try again i guess.
Well about the law break i sayed and still say: yes i did it, even i was salty back at the day what dosent invalid the law break of cause.
About the disconnect in mid bwoinked what was the main reason for the perma… like i sayed back in the day… If i did it on purpose… i wouldnt answer the bwoink or even tryed to resolve it here…
If you get bad hardware / provider who gives you a permanent disconnect after resolving the internet, i really cant do things as restart the game…

Cuz time past i changed my playing style at all, less aggressive as back in the day and as a borg more passiv to onther players and just mind my robo business

I hope that the ban gets now lowered or sort of

Greetings CptWiesel*

It’s been six months, I vote for another try. This is the type of bwoink normally reduced after appeal too.

I don’t think Zodrak is an admin anymore? If not you should be able to lift or reduce it.

I likely have the unpopular opinion here but I think the bwoink excuse isn’t a great excuse. If you have a history of hardware or ISP issues that cause disruptions in the game than that should be resolved before playing online games. Even more team-based online games like SS13 really is.

If someone is genuinely unlucky enough to have a rare and uncontrollable disconnect while bwoinked all they have to do is come here and explain such. It’s plausible after all and really the disconnect and perm ban policy makes sense because it forces the issue to be resolved so players don’t run and just come back later. That’s all the ban policy is, is to ensure you come here and the matter is resolved.

This makes me question the truthfulness behind all of this because it’s not common for someone to remain perm banned after appealing simply over the disconnect. Doing what you did would typically have a temp ban and likely a job ban. So either you were greatly mistreated for unclear reasons or your former appeal was appalling enough to leave you banned.

Well its looks a lil bit strange about the hardware problems as you sayed i agree … but well i tryed at the night after my network hardware problem got resolved i tryed to conntect the admin about the bwoink and the resolve the problem … well what ever i sayed he just sayed in the basic words :" but you left bwoink" after a few messages back and forth and seeing there is point of trying anymore, i just gived a thing about it… now i try again cuz maybe this time i got open ears… the admin who worked on the ban even sayed sort of that i just tryed to avoid the bwoink // ban … what even make no sense because i contacted him direclty after my net hardware got stable again on discord and made a appeal … so many things run just badly back at the day

If what you say is all true then you should have been unbanned long ago. Even if a player did leave in an attempt to escape the bwoink once they get the issue settled in an appeal when the original offense is at best a short temp ban does not make sense to make it perm.

1 Like

if i remeber right i even sayed " well perm ban = a lil bit to extream …i would be completly fine with a job ban or a x amount of temp ban " because the bwoink was only about attacking as a borgy a human and not starting station wide genocide or sort of …

Perma is precedent for disconnects both griefers and pc related. Doesnt mean he deserves a permaban

1 Like

I’ll unban you when I get home. If someone can do it earlier, feel free to do so and lock the thread.

1 Like

I guess someone forgotten me lel :broken_heart: :sweat_smile:

@Xlyana did you remember to unban?

unbanned…