Candy mentor applic

but it would be nice to do everyhting then i could be as cool as you guys

did i do good on the application?

These usually take a while so be patient please.

1 Like

I want to ask, what is your motivation for applying?

1 Like

trying to be more involved in the community so i can participate in stuff

You should spread out your time to more roles.

+0.5

is 3 upvotes good?

Be patient, it takes a lot of time for them to cover everything and come to a decision!

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve seen on your github activity recently, with the repo-ban, PR spam, and strange vaugely salty remarks to Kat within them, I donā€™t think youā€™d make a good mentor anymore. Judging from your recent PR to add a preference to hide chat badges and from what I can tell, jealousy of Katā€™s fancy coder badge, I worry about your intentions to become a mentor. Iā€™m changing my vote to -1, apologies.

T:+2

2 Likes

Well not to mirror what WhereAmI said, getting repobanned isnā€™t my main problem, but the cause of it. I donā€™t want to bring up drama here, but I think the situation was sour enough for me to change my from from +0.5 to a 0, abstaining. I still think you can work to get a better standing in the community, and even reapply at a later date, but itā€™ll be up to an admin.

T: +1.5

1 Like

Yeah no, I was a bit iffy before, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Mentors first and foremost are a role model to the community, so your behavior towards other staff whilst having an open application is questionable.

To be honest, the incident didnā€™t bother me at first, shit happens. People get mad, they give it time, they figure it out. However, you were given a final warning and still breached that a few hours later. Iā€™m hardly the poster boy for a clean record free of warnings or second-chances, but that really doesnā€™t sit right by me that you threw your final warning to stop away like that.

I change my +0.5 to a -0.5

Just sliding in because I am bad at math and it was explained to me that the total on my post shouldā€™ve been a +1, due to me changing my vote. Also the current total (should?) be

T:-0.5

I do not believe you would properly represent us as a member of staff at this time. Even if that were not the case your playtime is quite low for a mentor applicant.

Apologies, but I am going to be denying this.