CalictuS Mentor Application

Your CKEY: CalictuS

Your Discord: Kiko Wen#8465

How long have you been playing ss13?: About a year and a half

Who vouches for your experience?: I doubt that people have ever heard anything about me, so unfortunately no, no one.

Game Experience (More Detailed):

Bee hours

Gt2

NSV hours

Medical
I think nothing needs to be said about the medical part.

Service
A little bit of everything, I interacted more with the service on NSV

Cargo
Basic knowledge is present. Paperwork, bounties and delivery system (mules, disposal). I also know almost everything about mining. Glory to Cargonia.

Science
I know how robotics, xenobiology, researches, strange objects, nanites work, I also know how to do maxcap in 7 minutes. I also spent a few hours in exploration, because as far as I know, it was added recently and people have a lot of questions about this job.

Engineering
Judging by my hours of play, you probably already understood that the engineering part is not my forte. My maximum is: Standard SM setup (Pubby SM included), SM with upgraded cooling, Solars, Antimatter and shuttle construction. Well, station goals too, if they can be included in this department.

Security
New laws, equipment and how it works, protocols and procedures. A̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶u̶n̶r̶o̶b̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶.

Feel free to ask questions, I will try to answer them as detailed as possible.
And it’s better to ask more questions about the engineering part, since I need to develop my knowledge more in this direction.

4 Likes
  1. what is the safest gas for an sm setup

2. how do you preserve a disease (prevent mutations after making it)

3. what kind of slime allows you to have an infinitely recharging power cell

4. which race cant catch on fire

5. how do you obtain the shock touch mutation

N2 as a base gas for cooling SM is very safe, but if we talk about the safest SM setup, then probably pluoxium.

Cryostylane I believe. You can get some at roundstart from viro fridge.

Yellow slime extract. You have to inject about 2 units of plasma (not sure) to gain yourself an infinity power cell.

Oozelings

You need to combine radioactivity mutation with insulated mutation in your DNA console.

2 Likes

thats gonna be a +1 from me chief

assistant hours a bit low but good answers

+1

1 Like

Very happy to see this, a pleasant surprise to say the least.

A bit of a curve ball, are there any ways to give yourself a powered up gene with an enzyme? Say you have firebreath, but want it and have the enzyme you want it paired with.

I do realize Gene just got a minor update

I’m not sure. Perhaps you need to combine the corresponding gene with the chromosome and save it to disk along with enzyme?

You play lot on acacia if i’m not completely wrong here right?

Anyways, you have alot of hours which makes this a rather clear cut case. But, please try and get more botanist/engineering hours as alot of new players have questions regarding these departements.

You have improved alot in regards to your ingame behaviour aswell from what i can tell.

Cautious +1 here. Please make sure increase your engineering (including fusion if possible) and hydroponics knowledge though.

Not doing adding the +1s together because apparently nobody does it :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I was totally on right-out-of-work brain, yes combining the gene with the chromosome is one way to do it. The other way is to give yourself the chromosome from inside the tube if you have telekinesis :slightly_smiling_face:

+1 from me.

T:+4

1 Like

Post your Veteran achievement from check achievements (totally not because I’m not sure if the achievement actually works or not)

1k hours, +1

There you go!

2 Likes

Rolling coal to melt the glaciers because of certain pengmins, and meet 20 characters to update the total

T:+5

While as mentioned previously your hours are bit low in certain jobs, with the amount of hours you have in total I think you will do just fine. Hope to see around acacia someday! +1

T: +6

1 Like

Looks good to me, accepting at +6.