Burrrkey banned by acronad

i can certainly imagine it’d be upsetting for you, yes. No worries.
But i hope you can also see you’re not helping your case at all by getting upset, since it will still be acronad handling the appeal in the end.

Im sure he will re-examine the logs when he gets around to it, and lay out his reasoning for us all to see.

Alright finally getting to this, first off before I dive into a response here, here are some relevant logs to all this:
SAY: Burrrkeye/(Axel Spock) (DEAD) "ALL ENABLED" (Space (115, 139, 2))
SAY: Burrrkeye/(Axel Spock) (DEAD) "cus i love griefing" (Bridge (107, 139, 2))
Now this here is important as this is the crux of what led to my decision. First, understand that logs are not some magical entity that shows up a perfect recreation of the situation and everything that happened, they can be messy, hard to read, and generally just a pain sometimes.
Next, I want to say that after taking the Lone Op spawn, you had 7 say logs, This is irrelevant to the decision made as Lone-Op does not need to talk to crew to roleplay, similar to xenos and blob your goal is not to make friends or chat, it’s to blow up the station, and in doing so, yes, a plasma flood is acceptable to achieve the end of acquiring the disk, so long as the goal of the plasma flood is acquiring the disk.

Alright, so with some basic information up there here is what I was thinking that led to my decision. Right before taking lone-op you mentioned “I love griefing”. I think this entire problem, and your assumption that I have it out for you and all that comes from a misunderstanding. When I hear griefing, to me it means the act of causing chaos or damage to the round for no reason other than to ruin a players round. As such when I read the say log about you loving griefing, followed shortly after by you plasma flooding the station, it seemed to me like you just wanted a way to grief that wouldn’t result in any trouble, but here it did because it seemed like you made the griefing your whole goal, not acquiring the disk to nuke the station. As I mentioned before logs are not some magical replay of what happened, they give a good outline but don’t make everything crystal clear to us.

With all of that said, I have some closing remarks and then I want to hear from you. First, consider being a bit more respectful in these appeals, I get that it is frustrating but the ban is over now, coming to an appeal and jumping to “This admin hates me - It’s all just meta-friendship” that isn’t going to get you anywhere and it just annoys us admins. As near as I can tell this whole decision came down to a difference in how you and I define griefing. with THAT part said, the second bit and what I want to hear a response to, Please tell me, how do you define griefing?

Sorry if I missed anything or didn’t cover anything brought up earlier in this report, you all were asked to put a stop to it until I could handle it and chose not to, that is a lot of text and it’s highly likely I missed something brought up in it.

3 Likes

General act of sabotage, my way to play antagonist is to damage the station to give crew 2 troubles to tend at once, me and the damages I have made so the crew is divided into 2 groups to solve 2 problems and not me and me only.

If griefing means only to ruin a round I don’t know what that means then. For me it’s just sabotage. I am a round ending antag after all everyone will validhunt me.

1 Like

I had assumed this might be the case after reading this ban appeal. A quick google for the definition of griefer returns this: " (in an online game or community) a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment.". This is the same definition I think of and work with when I think of griefing and griefers. As such your dchat comment from before stating “I love griefing” came across to me as someone saying “I love ruining the round for other players”, A big difference from “I like causing destruction” (Although these aren’t always exclussive)

With that all cleared up now let’s come back to the original topic of this appeal, you’ve made some rather accusatory comments throughout several times in this appeal but haven’t actually stated what you want done. As the ban duration is already up are you looking to have this reworded, removed, or something else?

1 Like

I want it removed because it’s a 3 star warning that suggests I am only there ruin rounds apparently.

Also I don’t know how to appeal stuff so understand me there tryna figure this. I also can’t seem to be able to edit the main pharagraph so the mistakenly writen ban reason part is gonna stay I believe.

Sorry for not getting back to you on this, alright well it seems that since this was a miscommunication on what “griefing” means then i can edit the bad to properly reflect the situation.

Ill get that taken care of the next time i have a chance to hop online, until then this will remain open so I don’t forget.

(I should’ve held off on that last message I got to this much earlier than expected lol)
Alright I removed the note and ban as it seems this was all due to a misunderstanding of what griefing is. Just try to remember that griefing is an act with the intention of ruining the round for other players for no real reason. Also please consider being less accusatory in the future, it doesn’t do anyone any favors and it’s not uncommon for situations to be a simple misunderstanding like this, we work with the information we have and the logs we can read, accusing admins of hating you just because you got in trouble is only going to frustrate everyone.

Appeal Accepted