Buff Borgs?

Ok, so I know Medical, Engineering and Janitor are good picks. Even miner and Standard have their uses. But Peacekeeper, Service and Security are pretty much useless, or do single, specific role that doesn’t serve much to the station. Here are my ideas for new modules for each:

Security

• Forensic Scanner Module - Secborgs cannot do anything for security besides hambatton people. Maybe this will give them a little bit more purpose, and make the Forensic Scanner not the most valuable item on the station.

Service

• Portable Seed Extractor And Plant Analyzer Module - Will allow the Service Borg to help cargo and do some bounties in the Cargo department.
  • Gripper - Allows you to pick and place any item. Could be an upgrade that makes Service Borgs actually able to do something around the station.

Peace Keeper

• I honestly don’t know what the purpose of this borg is, except to be an enormous shitter and be obsolete once the air drains and everyone wears hardsuits. Should have a Health Analyzer module.
7 Likes

Security borgs are fine as long as they follow their laws correctly or get custom laws that better enable them to act without enabling them to be shitters.

I would like to see the suggested modules as upgrades anyway though.

and I would kill for peacekeeper and their god damn harm alarm to be removed from the game entirely

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: sec borg exists to stop sec from harming antag crew, not to hunt antagonists / expose them to more potential harm at the hand of sec.

but as upgrades for custom / non crewsimov lawsets? sure

4 Likes

peacekeepers need pepper spray

1 Like

That’s actually a pretty good angle to look at them with. Not necessarily even among sec specifically, but just in general - Sec borg is the true peacekeeper borg.

2 Likes

Make so swarmers can eat borgs

3 Likes

Give peacekeeper disarming projectiles and a deployable barrier, so it can actually try to stop fights using either.

I like the forensic suggestion for sec. If we’re looking at upgrades, they could get some kind of tracker to follow people easier.

For service, maybe more modules is the answer? Heck, not just service either. A 100% functional robotics borg, botany borg, barkeep borg (though medborg can kinda do this) and chef borg could all work just fine.

4 Likes

I come for the necromantic rituals. Give borgs more potential items. Yes.

Fuck borgs all my flashless homies hate borgs

Give Borgs an upgrade that flashproofs

no

Alien tech locked item that has to be installed so that it stays out of the meta until someone notices it and it gets spread. Stops it from every round flashproof borgs

Borgs have access to science consoles and will rush the shit out of it unless pre-emptively law 2’d not to.

massive brain idea, make the human harm alarm disarm people like the honkerblast does, albeit less violently