BrawlerHorde's Moderator Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): brawlerhorde

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): brawlerhorde

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): PST (UTC-8)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: No major changes, but another pair of hands to the US side of the staff team couldn’t hurt.

How old are you?: 24

Why do you want to be a moderator?: BeeStation has been there for me through a large chunk of my life, including the entire pandemic and lockdown. I’d love to give back.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since 2019, during the Ssethtide.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Since 2019, during the Ssethtide.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 7

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I was a head admin for White Sands, the precursor server to Shiptest. I was also a trial admin for BeeStation a very long time ago.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: None

Your strengths: I am able to see all sides of an argument, assuming positive intent initially before making my decisions.

Your weaknesses: I have been diagnosed with attention deficit disorder (ADD). Sometimes I get distracted, hyperfocus on the wrong situation, or occasionally lose track of time.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Not really, anymore. Blatant griefers out to ruin everyone else’s enjoyment of the game, maybe.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience, by far, as well as perspective. We’re all humans, just playing a game to pass the time.

What makes a staff team good?: Coordination. A staff team without direction or clearly defined responsibilities is a mess.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To uphold the rules and assist the wider community in enjoying the game.

What kind of player are you?: I usually find myself doing the thankless work, jobs that others don’t want to, or the like.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Not by much.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Return the gun to the HOS’s locker, and remind the clown that messing with antag objectives while not an antagonist can lead to further consequences. Possibly leave a note to establish a history.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Immediately adminjail the individual. Get straight to the point during the ticket, asking what they think they’re doing. Almost certainly, this will result in a ban and a reminder to read the server rules before jumping in.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: As this is likely someone unfamiliar with the job, I would simply provide them with a link to the Chemistry guide, as well as check if this is a repeated issue, where a temporary job-ban might be warranted.

I have only a vague recollection of the situation in which you left at this point, but I do recall that you were approached about some issues and then decided to step down without causing the issues that a lot of folks leaving for (Wasp/White Sands and whatever other names it had) were stirring up out of spite:

Without trying to imply you won’t fit in, I’m gonna ask the hard question of: What makes you think you’ll be a better fit for the role of admin on Bee this time around?

I believe that I would be a better fit this time around because I (would like to think I have) developed significantly as a person over the last several years. I have a much better mindset overall.

It’s been so long since the White Sands debacle that I personally don’t really remember the situation either. I did become a head admin there a while after its inception, right around the time they started testing the codebase that would become Shiptest.

I acknowledge my faults from the past and am open to showing that I have grown and changed over the years.

Hello, and thanks for applying again!

Here are a couple questions while I go and look through your history on Bee. I’m mostly looking for your reasoning and thought process in your answers!

1. At what point do you consider someone to be violating rule 9.2 (Willfully assisting known antagonists is self-antag. Your loyalty is to Nanotrasen, your co-workers, and the station. There are no friendly antagonists.)?

2. You receive a ticket saying that a player had their brain removed and burned on lavaland about ten minutes into the round. The player responsible is a traitor with the objective to assassinate the other player. What do you look for and what action do you take, if any?

After internal discussions taking your past history on beestation into consideration, we have decided to deny this application.
We currently do not feel comfortable having you on the staff team again.