BrawlerHorde's Admin Application III: Revenge of the Jannie

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): brawlerhorde (gjalund shows up as an alt, but it’s my younger brother’s account. We played together when I stayed at my parents’ house for a short period of time.)

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): BrawlerHorde#0001

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): Monday-Wednesday, afternoons-early mornings, Pacific Time (UTC-08:00).

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Just want to provide more administrative coverage on LRP, as well as contribute to bridging the divide between older Bee players and the new crowd.

How old are you?: 21

Why do you want to be an admin?: I see very few admins online on LRP, and even MRP, especially at early hours of the morning in the US. I just want to be a ticket jannie, as well as have the ability to provide ways for ghosts to have fun after being round-removed, such as thunderdome battles and CentComm inspectors.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Over a year. I believe I started playing in May of 2019, if I’m not mistaken.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Since the same time. I have approximately 350 hours on Bee, with around another 200 hours spread out across other servers (TG, Fulp, Boomer, etc.)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 7

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 6

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I’ve been an admin for several communities in the past, but most recently I’ve served as an admin on Boomer Station. I took a short break due to some button-pushy tendencies that I had, but I’ve reformed and recently rejoined the team.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: No alts, but gjalund shows up for the reason described above. Other alts may show, as I’ve used various VPNs in the past.

Your strengths: Impartiality. I can also work well under pressure.

Your weaknesses: I occasionally drink a bit too much and have been known to push funny buttons. I’ve made an effort recently to not jannie while inebriated. I also can occasionally get drawn in to petty arguments, but again, I generally can stay above the squabble.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Blatant disregard for the rules. Those kinds of people see no remorse from me.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Impartiality and willingness to work as a team. Admins who hold grudges / allow their personal opinions to leak into rulings should not hold a staff position.

What makes a staff team good?: As I sad before, coordination / willingness to work as a team. Admins who don’t communicate see uneven application of the rules and general ensuing chaos.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Provide a safe and fun environment for their players and community to enjoy.

What kind of player are you?: I have two sides to me: that of a roleplayer, and someone who occasionally just wants to go braindead and have mindless fun.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: Probably not much. I’ll just be replying to tickets in my downtime and continuing to enjoy playing the game the way that I currently do.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Bwoink the clown and remind him that stealing traitor objective items as a non-antag and spacing them is no bueno. Teleport the gun back to the HoS / their locker if it is an antagonist objective.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Immediately adminprison the offender and apply a permanent job ban, while waiting for permaban approval from a higher-up for his blatant grief, especially if they have low hours.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Bwoink the chemist, and direct them to the wiki if they are new to the job. Leave a note to watch for repeated conduct of this nature in the future, and go about the round as normal. I might repair the chem lab / fix the atmos / respawn the dispenser.

Enough experience.

+1

2 Likes

The answers are pretty good, although I wouldn’t bwoink or note chemist for that.

LRP desperately needs more admins.

+1

(and yes I am trialmin)

3 Likes

was a good and active admin back in my day and also friendly, solid choice for administration.

3 Likes

Yeah… I’m still pretty firmly in the no camp on this one. While I don’t dislike you personally, I don’t think I’d trust you as an admin given your history with us. It would take a lot to convince me otherwise.

Will you vote or remain in a 0+ limbo for this one?

(Not an insult, just asking)

It’s a soft block on the application.

Edit: Currently discussing with the head administrators.

Considering the topic is still open I’ll leave my opinion.

I’ve never had any issues with you - and I have nothing against you.

However the history is worrying, and I’m not ignoring it.

After a brief discussion with the Head Admins, we have unanimously decided to decline the application due to your less than amicable departure from staff.