BrawlerHorde's Admin App II: Electric Boogaloo

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): brawlerhorde
(I have a bunch of alts that appear since I’ve used VPN before, none are mine)

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): BrawlerHorde#4908

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): With the quarantine, I’m available from around 3PM through 2AM. (Pacific Time, UTC-08:00)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: With the lack of admins available for both servers, I primarily want to increase staff presence, but also provide for in-game benefits, such as answers to prayers and CC messages. I also want to provide LRP with the administrative presence it desperately needs from time to time. Most admins spend the majority of their time on MRP.

How old are you?: 20

Why do you want to be an admin?: Even though at the end of my first trial period on

How long have you been playing SS13?: Over a year. I joined in May 2019.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 334h. I have already served as a trial admin during April, and have played on Bee since May of 2019.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I would put my skill at a 7. I’m highly skilled in medical, security, service, and command. Some areas I still need to improve my skills in are atmos, mining, and xenobio.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: I spent a month as a trial admin back in April, wherein I got the basics under my belt and gained a lot of knowledge. I’d say my skill as an admin is probably a 5-6, so average-ish.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Quite a while ago, I used to moderate for the third-party multiplayer servers, known as Forged Alliance Forever, for an RTS called Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Other than that, I haven’t had much administrative experience outside of SS13 in recent times.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: As I mentioned earlier, I do not have any alts, but many ckeys show up as alts due to my VPN usage in the past.

Your strengths: I have extensive leadership experience in my real-life obligations, and I have gained the ability to function solely on caffeine and stress. Jokes aside, I feel that I can listen to the desires of the playerbase and community as a whole, and strive to improve my work in response.

Your weaknesses: In the past, I struggled with logdiving, but I’ve gained some practice and feel that I can do a better job nowadays. I also occasionally meme too hard in game, but I’ve cooled off.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Constant abuse can get under my skin, but I’ve come to realize that as a fact of life when playing SS13. Other than that, I’d like to think it’s pretty hard to piss me off.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Patience. An unbelievable amount of patience, as well as a deep understanding of both game fundamentals and the ruleset.

What makes a staff team good?: Teamwork and coordination. Without those, it’s generally chaos and leads to staff burnout.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: A staff team’s purpose is to provide the community with an enjoyable experience while playing and make sure that rulings are enforced fairly across all cases. Without fair application of the rules and a presence in-game besides ticketing (prayers, CC messages, harmless memes), the staff team causes a rift with the player base.

What kind of player are you?: As of late, I’ve spent the majority of my time in science and engineering. I’m roleplay focused, and I enjoy fulfilling the responsibilities of my job on a round-to-round basis, even on LRP.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: With my past experience, I hope to use that knowledge to improve as an admin and provide necessary assistance to the slowly dwindling administrative staff.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: This is an IC issue, and as a result, should be dealt with by security through IC punishment. If the weapon was an objective for a traitor, I would respawn it in the HOS’s office or locker, depending on where the locker was currently located (i.e. if it was stolen).

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I would conduct the ticket, sending them to the admin prison and ask them what their purpose was for self-antagging. Taking their past history of notes/bans into account, I would apply the appropriate punishment for self-antag.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I would bwoink the chemist, asking if they required assistance with learning chemistry. If their hours showed they were new and didn’t seem to have a grief intent, I would provide them a link to the chemistry wiki article and possibly leave a note to watch them for further offenses.

You left before the end of your trial period and that means you are a coward and not fit for the admemery
vibe check bruh

Jokes aside, he was a good admin while
+1

1 Like

I thought you, “Got tf out” of this “Downward spiral?” Or was it a, “Complete wreck?”

Pretty sure that conversation was me talking about my mental health. I’m in a better place at the moment, mentally.

That’s not the only time you trash talked us and claimed to have quit. From what I’ve seen of the context I haven’t seen anything about mental health, but I will say that I’m glad that you’re in a better place regardless. I don’t think that changes my views of how you’ve publicly talked about us since departing from the admin team, however.

Alright. That’s understandable.

First you become a trialmin, then you start playing felinid. Slippery slope my friend!

1 Like

I’ll be denying and closing this. While I don’t have any issue with you personally, I have seen a lot of disparaging and negative opinions from you on this community and admin team. Combined with the terms that brought about your original departure, I don’t see you as someone who should be an admin. While I’m not permanently against you rejoining staff in the future, the community deserves to have admins with good intentions that are not fair weather as well as those who have faith in the community.

1 Like