BoxStation 2 electric boogaloo (Feedback)

If you’ve been on the discord lately you might have seen me posting images of a map in progress, that map was a totally reconstructed Box Station; Box 2 for ease of discussion.

I’d like to thank Bombyx, Bird, Ambiic, Spockye and Pigeon for all the the help with the map.
Bombyx especially, having made all of sec on their own!

Box 2 aims to fix the player distribution issue with BoxStation by focusing all of the players into one main hallway as well as modernising a few of the departments. This feedback thread initially is going to be focused on improving each department, as while some have been edited a lot, others like engineering have been mostly left as is. If you’ve ever had a gripe with a element of BoxStation now is the time to vocalise it and we can work on fixing it. Below I’ll post detailed images of all the departments, but the picture above shows them all in context.

Things that have not been done, and will not be done until everything is basically perfect:

• Decals - yes it looks boring, but you place 500 of them only to have to remake and replace them every damn time you change a room
  • Disposals/pipes/wiring
  • wall mounts - fire, air alarms, news casters, button, light switches, apcs, posters ect.
  • maints - maints exist to fill gaps. yes they are needed, but they are secondary to finishing the player areas
11 Likes

90 posts were merged into an existing topic: Echo Station Feedback!

3 Likes

2qf1c4

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: whoever made the detective’s office sure knows what a man needs

4 Likes

your boy was so old he had to live in assisted living, it was this or taking him out back.

5 Likes

I loooove the main hallway and its bar / kitchen area!!

Is this a Pubby reference?

where the fuck is the wall safe

1 Like

its beepskies room

1 Like

um… I forgor…

who uses that shit anyway :troll:

1 Like

I am going to strangle you
I appreciate there being a backroom tho :3

2 Likes

that’s in the current box!

1 Like

absolutely BASEDDDDD Can’t wait to play it.

Thanks for asking Joon, the authority on illegal weapons selling about the commisaries :flushed: I was honoured

2 Likes

IMO the armory is too long, it looks silly

Telecomms airlock is fucked I think, it will ruin the atmosphere in the control area and the nearby hallway. No idea why.

I’d argue that Engineering and this maints area to the left should swap places so that Engineering doesn’t feel fuck off far away from everything else.

Then in its place put the AI satilite a tad closer with at least a one wide hallway so it doesn’t need to use the acursed tubes!! And perhaps squish the AI satilite to not be protruding out of the station so much.

The Atmos burn chamber should be… at least somewhat close to Atmos.

Give the Engineering lobby (where the techfab is at) a disposals bin or at least a locker for when they dump shit like old tools, unused circuits or lesser parts.

Give Atmos and Engineering a combined front desk which also has an indent. Also, give the plasic flaps conveyers to easily be able to get a bunch of canisters out with ease. Haven’t tried it myself but I imagine it would be neat. Because currently it is a pain to move them through the flaps.

Very cute vacant commisionary. Missing a scrubber through.

Chapel, exists… ew! Also, the Chaplains office door shouldn’t be see through, unsure if it is in this or not.

Allow escape pods to be used without maintenace access, such as the one by dorms. Except if the drop pod is for a specific department. Then let the people in that department access it without maintenance access.

Redesign the bathroom to not look like shit. No pun intended.

I feel like the bar stools should get something behind them or be slightly moved. As currently they are uneven relative to their pillar. And the stairs should perhaps be the same width. This might be too nitpicky.

Move the meeting room to the center of Bridge (and make space for it).

Make the path to the escape shuttle a tad wider to allow crowds of people to walk through.

Uneven windows!! >.>

It wouldn’t be Box Station without long as straight hallways. Add in a maints access or something. Something as little as indented vending machines or oxygen and fire lockers would help.

I loooooove the placement of the general tool storage!! Makes so much sense.

The placement of EVA next to the gate also feels really fitting. I’d almost add a door to it from EVA, or a shutter.

And then… Robotics… shivers
It is regular ol’ Box Station Robotics with minor changes. The main hallway path into Robotics is a bit awkward as the door is in the corner. The cyborg limb painter machine should be by the surgery room. Surgery room should have anesthetics and or a personal belongings locker for those undergoing surgery. The top Fabricator and its convery should swap places so you are working a bit closer. Though this will leave wasted space up top. Unsure what to do of that. A dedicated “finished shells” and mechs area would be nice. Like a marking or two at least. Redesign the Mech bay. Could even have the two mech bay rechargers be stacked side by side. Put a table with stuff on it or the welding tank in the bottom left corner.

Cargo is really cute with its disposals track leading there. Nice markings so far too.

Weird how the QMs room has two chairs outside it. Should it at least be one chair? Or do you have two QMs?

Benches in mining is a cute touch.

Cargo shuttle, mining shuttle and AI upload does look like a bit tight.

The size of the Cargo lobby and the location of the Sec outpost is both practical and attractive.

A maints door into mining would be nice.

Give the QM a better route to the Ore Silo, perhaps even make it visible from Cargo. Also add a note to their desk saying “YOU’RE IN CHARGE OF THE VAULT!”. Because QMs don’t fucking understand that…

Perhaps make the tech storage a tad bigger to eliminate the space allow them to break in there easier through maints.

Toxins storage is designed bery practically and good looking.

Server room could have its upper server moved to the bottom to allow you to make six servers at once instead of five. But that’s a bit min-maxy which isn’t that important.

I love the looks of Xenoarch and the Experimentor! It looks neat. It might be missing blast doors though. And windows to the Science hallway would be annoying fun.

Science center is a great addition. Should give Engineering a sort of center like it too.

I like the addition of a maints hallway going by Xenobio but I think one door is enough. Perhaps give them a lil’ extra Science storage area between Toxins and Xenobio with misc related items.

Janitor room location feels a bit… out of the way… Clean up at medbay? Give me 2 minutes to get there!

VERY IMPORTANT!! Shuttles other than the default one would clip into the station. (Just like Box Station)! Such as Pubby Shuttle.

Give the AI satilite teleport some wiggle room.

I’d almost replace AI upload with the ore silo, yeet upload somewhere else and try to squish arrivals a bit more to the right.

1 Like

Would be a pain when 4 people try to gear up. lol

WAIT? IT IS? I only remember it off Pubby.

1. I don’t see a door between the holodeck terminal and the holodeck.

2. Swap Surgery and Genetics around so genetics has a desk in a corridor, encouraging more interaction.

3. If the Exploration Shuttle is gone, Toxins can throw a maxcap at Armoury from the Toxins Testing Chamber. It they move a bit north to stand by the glass windows in maint, an east throw will place a bomb in the little dimple by the armoury, making the damage to Sec worse.

2 Likes

he also lives in fland

1 Like