Blueturbo47's mentor application

Your CKEY: blueturbo47

Your Discord: blueturbo47#5894

How long have you been playing ss13?: 992h (829h/163h), around 10ish hours on other servers

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: Dallen did once but id say I’m pretty experienced.

Game Experience (More Detailed): I’ve played almost every job, not really good at viro and could be better at doing the sm.

+1 1000 hours is good post full list of job hours though bro…

kinda low engi hours :smirk:
+1

Assistant 2h bruv thats hm

edit; not gonna lie i saw someone do admin app or mentor app with like 500 h on assistant and barely any on other

yes because being a mentor is based on eng knowledge. There’s totally not anything else in the game that’s just as equal of a factor

thanks for explaining my joke

4 Likes

Just to clear, Eng is useless and karate is broken. So being a Cargo techmain is the new meta

He has 1k hours and could likely answer some of the more weird questions.
Also you play LRP, no? Lrp could always use more people helping.
+1

Questions:

Which clothing slots allow for storing additional items and give an example piece of clothing for each

Whose is the minimum level of permission is needed for the following acts:

1. Gulag
  2. Perma
  3. Execution
  4. Making an AI
  5. Promotion to Head of Staff
  6. Promotion to Sec Officer
  7. Promotion to HOS

Describe briefly how to setup a singulo or tesla

What’s a good money-making system for Cargo and outline the basics of it

How can you become a changeling using just station equipment?

What type of crime if any are the following:

1. Electrifying doors
  2. Carrying a kitchen knife
  3. Carrying a flash
  4. Carrying a spray bottle of lube
  5. Ignoring your boss telling you to stop wasting research points
  6. Building a rage cage instead of setting up the SM
  7. Building walls to block hallways

How does a doctor revive a husked body that’s been dead for 30 minutes without resorting to cloning, use of monkeys or items which aren’t available in medbay?

Describe a gamer traitor strategy

Also you play LRP, no? Lrp could always use more people helping.

I only play lrp I don’t even think I have a hour on mrp.

Which clothing slots allow for storing additional items and give an example piece of clothing for each

The middle clothing slot allows you to use your suit storage item slot, with suits like hardsuits it allows tanks but with armour you can put weapons like shotguns there. Your jumpsuit is your main clothing it allows everything like your id, belt, and pockets. You can wear backpacks without a jumpsuit though. There are also clothing that have storage slots. The heads capes have a slot for tiny and maybe small items, I recommend putting a departmental remote there but they can burn off when exposed to fire even with a hardsuit. There are certain boots like the explorer boots which allow for slots. Armour vests usally have storage slots, if your the captain I recommend putting nuke disk and pinpointer in your carpace. There might be hats that allow storage slots but I havnt tested this.

Whose is the minimum level of permission is needed for the following acts:

I’ll be using lrp awnsers but if you want more mrp awnsers I’ll try my best.

Gulag

I believe warden,hos,cap permission would be enough but if your a only sec officer I guess you could use it depending on the situation.

Perma

Warden,hos,cap would be good here but if you don’t have anyone to determine their sentence or there is more important matters it would make sense to put someone here without auth. Also with situations like gangs and you don’t have mindsheild implants for a confirmed gang you could also put them there.

Execution

You could do it if your really sure they are a antag or if you are given permission by cap,hos. Usally warden wouldn’t be able to give permission because they are supposed to be stationed in sec. If they saw on cams them breaking into high risk areas or even killing someone that would be the only time warden should be able to auth execution.

Making an AI

By rules it’s caps permission and seen as validation if there is no permission, if there is no cap I would recommend rd’s permission but there should usally be a stand-in.

Promotion to Head of Staff

I’d say anyone already in the department can only be promoted to that departments head of staff. Also if they started out as sec they could be any head but I wouldn’t recommend this because lrp already gets almost no sec.

Promotion to Sec Officer

I’d never recommend this rp wise because this allowed someone to pass off as cannot be antag on lrp but usally the greytide is strong enough to distrube out enough aa that everyone has these weapons anyway, making the promotion to seccie almost useless. But the only situation I would see this as needed is if it’s someone already in sec like a bruh physician or the detective.

Promotion to HOS

I would never allow anyone outside of sec get promoted to hos because that would give them access to hos gun which is the only gun with a tazer excluding the stub shotgun which doesn’t even always spawn.

Describe briefly how to setup a singulo or tesla

Singulo - singulo emits rads, need rad collectors with wires to the power system. Particle accelerator makes singulo get more chungus the more pew pew bigger singulo = harder to contain but more rads = more power. There needs to be sheild thing around singulo with emmiters shooting at them to keep power and containing singulo so station isn’t singulo food.

Tesla - Big tesla balls moves, shock is made from moving, shock goes to a Tesla coil nearby to absorb power make sure they are wrenched or they will explode, there are also rods so big Tesla balls don’t shock you. Tesla is contained same way as singulo.

What’s a good money-making system for Cargo and outline the basics of it

Departmental cards would be the best way because they passively generate money but I’ve done other ways.

Way 1 - miasma farm
Miasma is created by dead bodies or gibs, easiest way to achieve a lot of gibs is by breeding or Xenobio. Xenobio allows the generation of monki cubes that can be killed an put into the farm. Breeding tactics would be using a corgi and Lisa to make babies and throw and kill them. Other breeding tactic is using runtime and a cat crate which the first cat would always be proc. Proc and Runtime breed making babies, throw them into the farm and more misma.

Way 2 - Gas farms.
There are 2 types of gas farms, lavaland farms and holodeck farms.
Way 2.1 - lavaland farms.
Lavaland tiles produce random different gases and by having scrubbers down there you can canister them then sell them
Way 2.2 - Holodeck farms.
The Holodeck when safeties are off has a setting to produce plasma. By having scrubbers scrub the plasma you can canister and and sell it.

How can you become a changeling using just station equipment?

I believe when it was readded it was removed shortly after but the awnser would be Xenobio. In xenobio gold slime extracts can spawn mobs and one of the mobs was a headspider which when mind transfered to with a mind transfer potion made with rainbow slimes you could use that to plant a egg into a dead body and change into a changeling.

What type of crime if any are the following:

Electrifying doors

I don’t know how you would be able to get away with this but I would recommend perma or gulag because it could result in a lot of harm, if you were just seen in the act it would just had you a long time in a cell. On lrp that would prob get you killed tho by nonsec.

Carrying a kitchen knife.

If you were a chef this would seem perfectly normal but if you weren’t it may land you a few minutes in a cell.

Carrying a flash

It’s usally a nonharmful stunning item but if you were caught in the act of doing bad with it would probably land you in gulag. If you just had it normally but had a crime history it would land you in a cell with a long sentence. If you were in sci it would seem mostly normal to have it though.

Carrying a spray bottle of lube

If it was clown they might get let go by good sec but beat up anyway by bad sec because honk man bad but otherwise it would be a long cell timer.

Ignoring your boss telling you to stop wasting research points

Breaking the chain of command and it would make you valid, if people didn’t like this person who was yelling though they might be killed for valid hunting. Research points are research points, I recommend getting more servers as a compromise but there is usally one route that you should go down every round for the research tree.

Building a rage cage instead of setting up the SM

This would get a lot of people mad at you but not setting up the sm is not usally a crime. If you built a rage cage sec would usally arrest you but it wouldn’t be all that exciting if there was no power, if there was power ai would get sec to arrest you if they havnt.

Building walls to block hallways

This would get a lot of people mad at you and overall not a good idea. Would probably land you in perma depending on the amount of walls, gulag if it was only a few.

How does a doctor revive a husked body that’s been dead for 30 minutes without resorting to cloning, use of monkeys or items which aren’t available in medbay?

Synthflesh the body, use revival surgery. You might also need coronary bypass for the heart and tend wounds if the body is very damaged.

Describe a gamer traitor strategy

Contractor is based and just a good idea, if your pretty unrobust use a bluespace compression kit for stealing, and a sketching with a private hacked autolathe for ammo. Also subverting the ai is nice just so it doesn’t bolt you in a room.

It’s pretty late for me so if I missed anything just point it out.

Whoops pressed the enter button on accident trying to edit it now

Fixed now

Perfect answer, indeed fedoras for instance have a slot.

Requires warden since officers don’t have access to use Gulag teleporter.

Requires warden but I agree there are some instances where it might be necessary for an officer to do so instead, but they should always at the minimum inform their superior.

Requires captain or a trial to done, though I understand the validity rules on LRP allow for basically anyone to do this.

Yup requires cap approval.

I was more referring to who can do the promotion for this question and the following two, please revise these answers.

Not quite how I’d have described it but close enough.

Excellent answers, haven’t even thought of using the holodeck strategy before so that’s intriguing but not necessarily practical with the low price of plasma.

It can still be done now via bolt of change carp to make a headspider.

I was looking for the crime title/code or timer for this but I can judge based off the responses anyway.

Most of these fine except:

• Flash - it’s a restricted weapon unless you’re an engi or robo and would warrant 5 mins in the Brig
  • Lube - not a crime until its used at which point it becomes a creating a workplace hazard
  • No SM - it’s dereliction of duty which is 5 min timer

Organs will likely need replacement at this stage, which can be obtained by printing cybernetic versions or using the limb grower for example.

Yup a hacked autolathe is pretty useful if getting ready to go boning, I was more looking for a novel traitor strategy however.

All in all I’d say fairly well-rounded knowledge and the main gaps for security and chain of command stuff is just due to maining LRP where it’s less relevant to go by the book. I also asked deliberately tough questions, several of which are likely totally irrelevant for Golden to see how you’d do.

There shouldn’t be any problems mentoring Golden as there’s less demand there for more esoteric job answers, but if you decide to swap at a later date I’d recommend brushing up on the aforementioned areas.

+1

I was more referring to who can do the promotion for this question and the following two, please revise these answers.

I guess cap or hop can promote people usually because they are the only ones with access to the id terminals other than the departmental ones. Also if a head of staff wanted to switch with someone in their department id say that’s fine too.

I also don’t play sec much and with the lac of sec on lrp I usually don’t touch it, also whenever I play ill go off and do my own thing and don’t look at comms for long periods of time kind of role. Also if there is any other questions id love to answer, I don’t have much else to do.

+1 let him in

easy +1 ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

+2

Bug me if you haven’t been added in 24 hours.

@bloons3 it’s been 26 hours

Accepted