Blueturbo47 banned for ERP by Ruko

I was asked to give my thoughts on the matter. To me, while nothing explicit actually happened, it does come off as though the intent was to make it look like something was going down. Flipping on-top of someone and clapping is about as close as you’re going to get visually within the very limited number of animations SS13 has.

If you take it only at face value and remove everything else, then it’s nothing. But, if you account for the setting and the surrounding context of your recent actions, this comes off as someone trying to force a reaction through actions that are evocative of “dorm-room erp,” even if it wasn’t actually explicit or erotic. Which, given your position, is just poking the bear and asking for trouble.

Given that several ghosts and admins at the time seemed to agree that this was evocative, I’d say it passes the reasonable person test and probably shouldn’t have been done.

1 Like

I don’t doubt the macro given its apparent prevalence at this point, but I do still have to question every thing else about this:

• going to dorms (Even if other player specifically requested it)
  • straddling on a bed when you already have numerous warnings for toeing the line
  • calls back into question just how much you were actually “joking” about inviting other Bee players into private ERP sessions, potentially recruiting minors.

Given the macro spam is plausible, no this probably isn’t ERP, but it’s still toeing a dangerous line that you have an extensive history of toeing.

3 Likes

I mean, from what I see people just use that macro at random. Guess it’s just something for your fingers to do instead of just standing there. The situation in this post isn’t the only time that macro gets used.

I can vouch for the macro explanation, they were using it way before now and also told me how to set it up for myself.

I like to do it ontop of people as a form of mockery after winning a non-serious fight. (shovefights, telebaton fuckery)

1 Like

That’s just teabagging. Never-you-mind that teabagging is also a sexual thing, it’s not sexual in the context of what it’s used for in FPS games.

He was just being a dickass. Being a dickass (unfortunately) isn’t bannable.

Not ERP, kinda based how ruko handle it with the death squad n all that.

Borderline ERP, I’d just give a small warning/ban instead of perm

Ruko is asexual (?) and thus has trouble understanding what is ERP and what isn’t, but this is literally not ERP in anyway shape or form. It was a friend being moved and another friend literally flipping and clapping like a seal. Are seals sexual?

Context is important as well as history. It is definitely suspicious considering these.

I don’t think it’s substantive enough to warrant a removal however.

Amassing all the input so far, this seems to be the collective opinion.
I’ll be lifting the ban now.

But I do want to set this straight first
I don’t understand fetishes at all, which is why the vore/feet jokes don’t set me off and why I didn’t think they were worth banning at all. Normal sex jokes and shit I’m somehow on the opposite end of the scale.

What I’m not good at judging is what is an acceptable amount to be allowed under “” Zero Tolerance Policy “”.
Everything adds up for this to be an intentional sexual innuendo, and while I still don’t fully believe that it wasn’t, it’s also a plausible defense that it was totally unintended. That’s why I’m moving forward with an unban - If I see someone clapping cheeks while straddling someone in dorms again, I’d still ban for it. The only reason this defense is plausible is due to the macro with multiple voices vouching for the fact it was a lot more than clapping.

Appeal accepted.