Bloodyweeb Banned by rukofamicom

CKEY: bloodyweeb

Admin’s CKEY: rukofamicom

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: both servers

Ban Type: Permanent

Ban Length: Forever

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):13/6/2020

Round ID: 17159

Ban Reason: Ban evasion for account Ichbinbutter.

Appeal Reason: I went onto the Bee servers seeing that they are advertised as “New player friendly”. After reading on several wiki pages i wanted to try my hand at atmos tech. However, was immediately yanked into prison by admin for “ban evasion”. Apparently a person named “Ichbinbutter”, of whose name I have never heard of until this day, has griefed as atmos tech and somehow i am insinuated to be the same person.

Additional Information: I am playing on a University dormitory WIFI, which is known to assign IP addresses in blocks. It is entirely possible that my IP is being picked ip by the Ban evasion detection, as other games that can enact bans by IP (e.g. Minecraft) has caused some dorm-mates grief.

I look forward to playing on this server once this unfortunate misunderstanding has been resolved

Additional Information: I am playing on a University dormitory WIFI, which is known to assign IP addresses in blocks. It is entirely possible that my IP is being picked ip by the Ban evasion detection, as other games that can enact bans by IP (e.g. Minecraft) has caused some dorm-mates grief.

I tried to fish for this sort of information by asking how you heard about the game, potentially from a room-mate, sibling or otherwise.

Regardless though, I can say for certain that your computer was used by Ichbinbutter before they were bannned, ichbinbutter was banned for repeated plasma flooding and you are also playing an atmos tech.
For your own security reasons I can’t post the exact logs publicly (it has your IP/CID), but I’m going to cite a redacted version of something Crossedfall has told me before and call in other @GameAdmin to back me up.

I guaruntee you, I have no connection with this “Ichbinbutter” you talk of. As i said Ichbinbutter might have the same IP block due to Uni WIFI. This, unfortunately, is something I cannot solve in the short-term, due to studies. I hope the Admin panel understands.

I hope you understand, and given the chance I can prove that I am not a griefer, if not through IP then through performance.

I’d really like to believe you over @Crossedfall, you seem like a pretty decent person based on the way you handled the ticket. You’ve been playing for several rounds so far today already without causing issues.

That’s the point of the appeal though, to get other input on the matter or bring up something I potentially missed. Either that or to just verify you have a silver tongue and are good at talking your way out of things, as someone pulling off multiple plasma floods without eating perma for the first one would need to be.

Both coincidences too much ignore here.

Choosing atmos tech as something to start with, one of the more complex and daunting roles. This being the exact way used to grief before.

The exact match showing that someone was not just on the same IP but the very computer you use.

I say it should stick.

2 Likes

Personally, I think this should be “innocent until proven guilty.” How can we actually say for certain this lad is a madlad out to make the station spicy after having been banned for it?
There are other reasons why he may have picked Atmos tech, for instance: perhaps he heard “hey this is an Atmos sim” and picked the Atmos job OR and I may be wrong here; they have experience on other servers.

I think a decent way to vouch for him here would for the OP to show evidence of activity on another ss13 server prior to going to uni and/or showing playtime on another server to show they are a different person and not just a fresh account made to evade.

@Tergius This isn’t a case of guilty until proven innocent. There is 100% undeniable proof that the username he claims to have no recognition of was logged in on and banned from his computer two months ago. The other account has a join date and ban date of the same day.

@mcrideinspace Normally yes, but after denial of evidence that guarantees this was ban evasion and a full denial of it when given several chances/days to come clean (both in game and via the ban appeal on the forums) I think this one’s going to stick for a while now

Appeal denied - I do wish more admins had posted visibly like Aeder did though, so it doesn’t look like I’m just making this shit up.