Blob strategies

blast open n2o cans or windows, an uninhabitable environment usually weeds out who can fight you as the people fighting you will go from Basically Everyone to People Qualified to Space Walk

The extreme temperatures and pressures are enough. You can even reroll when the burning is done.

Is there a lore reason to this? We need input from Gary! Gary what the fuck have you eaten recently?!!

Definitely have to shill for networked fibers. You get bonus resources, do a fuck ton of damage on hit, and it enables certain stealthy approaches where you slink around maintenance placing nodes before swapping strains and letting them expand once you’re revealed.

2 Likes

Even without stealthy tactics, while you need constant object permanence and nonstop micromanaging, it is extremely worth it and allows for insane plays and growth

you do need to switch to another blob strain near the end tho because going from 300 to 400 is a bit too much solo

blobbers really help with it, they can easily tell you where you are getting attacked

1 Like

There was a really good Blob spot just south of the AI chamber but after the latest changes it got removed. Still possible though. You have some maint to build up power and a jug or 2 to help you. A quick dash would let you take out AI and Comms very quickly. while beng able to reach out and take out the station SMES’s with your next expansion wave. From there, with power running out and poor communication, the crew shouldn’t prove too much of a problem.

That being said, Meta is the best station for a AI Sat take over, as Comms is also on the sat.

Kilo. Now most people think you can go north and take over the abandoned area, you can’t. there is no path the Blob Overmind can take to reach it. Possibly you can if the ghost that gets the Blob is hanging out around there, not tested. Otherwise, I had huge success by the Science Shuttle bay. It has practically zero traffic, making early discovery chances very low.

Rad is probably going to be Atmo. There is a ton of space and with the current atmo/time bug, you don’t get many atmo techs.

Box, north of Chapel is probably the least visited area of the station.

1 Like

Bridge spawn or no balls. >:c

For effective strategies?

• Networked fibers - create essentially a very thin web of nodes over a large area, they will not create new blob tiles and you should not manually do so either. Once you have an absurd amount of nodes and/or you’re announced/discovered, swap to any other blob strain. Every single node will start growing new tiles at once, creating a huge number of blob tiles, and bringing you to very large sizes.

For funny strategies?

• Armory blob is a classic, doesn’t matter the map, go in the armory.

• Wueue has done hallway blob many times and it never got old.

take networked fibres, hide in a 1 by 1 area.
fuck with crew by making evac impossible

5 Likes

I am definitely gonna do this next chance I get. xd

oh hey that’s my BR strategy!

Did you know that during BR, the walls always close in on the tile labeled (128,128) on the webmap? And grabbing an RCD from an end game engineering using your knock knock spell you start with shouldn’t be too hard!

But then again, me doing that has gotten me exploded at least twice and I wasn’t stalling the round, if I was stalling it for a while, I’d be surprised if CC didn’t send an anti blob death squad with the exact coordinates of the blob.
BUT THEN AGAIN, you could just wait like 10 minutes after the initial level 5 alert so people think it was a false alarm but BEFORE the shuttle, and then you break out without peopole looking for you.

What about Cargo Blob? Would mean no access to new crew weapons. Plus you usually have a good space you can spread out in at the start, then focus on breaking into the main corridor.

Xenbo blob too for that matter. Space to grow and cut off a crew weapon source.

Rather close to powergamer heaven (mining dock), are you sure you want to risk that?

You think miners will be aware of anything happening on the station before they arrive?

Fair point lol. But then again they’ll just see Blob in Cargo, have neuron activation and unload whatever BS they’ve gathered on lavaland onto it.

At best they’ll have an antique gun. Their lack of SA means just wiping them out should be easy.

Put the Blob core infront of the BSA artilery or no balls.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.