Blob strategies

Let’s discuss blob strategies!

From the venerable blazing oil plasmaflood, to covering the station with ice using pressurised slime, what are fun and effective strategies for blobs to use?

SM blob is a good one

2 Likes

Blob Wiki: Blob - BeeStation Wiki

Start

You want to look for a 6x6 square and place yourself in any of the middle 2x2 area. Get a Resource Node in each of the corners of the 6x6 then get a Factory Node near you. Now you have good resource production and some Blob Spores. Worth trying to store as much power as possible before expanding further, depending on the situation.

Blob Chemicals

Blazing Oil. Perfect when you are in a Plasma Fire. Fire Immune and laser damage makes you set fire to the are around you.

Electromagnetic Web: Just the thing to take down mechs, borgs and IPC’s. You take more damage though.

Explosive Lattice. Immune to Explosions, more damage from fire. Situational usefulness.

Networked Fibers: aka “Snake”. Gets more resources, clicking next to your core, moves your core. Useful for stealth grinding power, or a desperate end.

Reactive Spines: Thorn damage, perfect if crew are using melee weapons.

Replicating Foam: Grows when shot by lasers, but takes much more brute damage.

Zombifying Pods: Perfect for when you have a couple of corpses lying around, army of undead to sway the battle in your favour.

1 Like

Often times scientists will forget to vent the toxins burn chamber (assuming someone made a bomb), if you have blazing oil available you can spawn in toxins and crack open the airlocks to flood the area with ridiculously high temperatures.

3 Likes

Spawn it next to the bartender. Jump scare them!

Doesn’t even need to have stuff in the burn chamber, can just crack open a few of the unused plasma tanks. lol

I’ve tried that, usually the game does not let you which is unfortunate.

EMP strain can be quite shite as Mech weapons can be ranged. Generally as a blob you want to destroy walls to expand, but walls are also your best friend which you don’t want to destroy at all. It is better to destroy existing doors and utilize line of sight. Large open areas allows multiple people to shoot you, small corridors allows one or two people to shoot you at a time.

I know you have, I still remember that and I still wish that was a thing. xd

1 Like

Easier to just pop the plasma cans.

EMPs don’t do much damage to mechs. Just disables modules for a few seconds. It only impedes mechs, though it does also weaken energy weapons because of emp too.

Blazing oil in fact does not make you immune to plasmafires anymore, just makes you take less damage. While very useful to fight off crewmen, the heat damage combined with removal of tiles makes it a subpar strat nowadays

1 Like

Considering I’ve had weak blobs survive in toxins storage as the entire thing goes nuclear, I think it’s fine. Blobbernauts will slowly die in the resultant atmosphere, but they can use nodes to heal anyway.

2 Likes

The captains toilet is, and will always be the one and only valid blob spawn.
my mind cannot be changed

2 Likes

That might actually be viable in Fland if the AI is not present/preoccupied.

Na, on fland, thats the Brig ERP room (Extra Rest & Pause room)

1 Like

That is very silly…

The ultimate strategy is networked fibres, people will always underestimate the deadliness and get put down quickly

1. wait for atmos to make fusion

2. die of old age

3. breach fusion containment

4. why

valid tactic if only fastmos was back