Black Mountain Transmitter Discord Mute Appeal

Discord ID: Black Mountain Transmitter

Admin Discord ID: I don’t know.

Ban Type: Mute

Ban Length: forever?

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 14/04/2021

Ban Reason: I posted a meme video about a guy photoshopped into a Fallout discussion and he says the “r” slur multiple times.

Appeal Reason: I had no way of knowing the “r” slur was against the rules but I was muted by an admin for posting a video to “bypass the language filter”, implying I did it on purpose. I can’t say I’m sorry for posting a meme, but now that I know it’s a forbidden word I won’t say anything of the sort again.

Additional Information: If you want people to avoid saying the “r” slur put it in your rules. I’ve seen people say it before and assumed it was fine. It would also be nice if admins weren’t so trigger-happy and handed out warnings before muting you and leaving you to rot alone in the channel for an unlimited amount of time. Like, simply deleting the video and telling me not to say the word would’ve been enough, but I suppose verbal communication is too much to ask for nowadays.
Enough of my rant, I hope you consider unmuting me. I like beestation and would like to be able to talk so I could at least discuss rounds with people.

4 Likes

They intentionally don’t include the list of filtered words. Everytime forum has asked for one they’ve ignored it.

Anyway if this your first warning you’ll probably get off free aslong as you acquiesce.

1 Like

I was also muted a few days ago for posting a gif of a guy blowing a doorknob- stupid I know, but the sentence was a bit harsh in my opinion considering it wasn’t particularly explicit or anything. I’ve adminned before on other discord servers and while I know mod tools are tempting to use I would argue that communicating verbally with someone causes less frustration for both sides in the long run. Admins instantly muting results in nothing but that; frustration, and people asking for explanations (reasonably so) in the discord channel.
I’ll shut up now and stop digging myself a bigger hole though.

Since you’ve not been written up for slurs before, i shall remove the current warning and replace it with a zero-point one (so it’s on record, but does not affect you being muted or not).

@Aeder is the one responsible for the 2 pointer

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Update : Turns out that for some reason giving you that 0 point warning still mutes you.
Thats not how it should work, but :man_shrugging:

So lucky you i guess, i removed that zero point one aswell

You are automatically muted after receiving a number of warnings. The mute is from being warned too much and still breaking the rules.

The server and discord takes a very harsh stance on sexual content as it accommodates <18 y/o.
After seeing me and other admins handing out warnings for the chat getting horny moments before, you decide “this is the perfect time for me to post a video of a guy giving a blowjob to a door”

The punishments should not be so light as to encourage “I’m okay with breaking the rules as I am fine with getting a small slap on the wrist”
Especially as you knew it was wrong to do before you posted it, and ranting above as you put it is succinctly summed up as “ You fucked around and found out”

You have a two point warning for this. Appeal at a later time. I would’ve been inclined to lift it were it not in the middle of another appeal for another warning already, after so recently joining the server. Speedrun mute any%. Currently this has no affect on your ability to chat in the discord unless as above you start gaining further warnings. Two points means you have one more warning before being auto muted again.

"The punishments should not be so light as to encourage “I’m okay with breaking the rules as I am fine with getting a small slap on the wrist”
Who are you quoting? Who says I’m okay with breaking the rules? I just didn’t know I was breaking them in the first place. I didn’t think my gif would fall under the no erotic content rule and I didn’t know the “r” slur was banned. Stop trying to paint me as a shitter trying to purposefully break rules.

“I would’ve been inclined to lift it”
No, don’t lie, you weren’t. If you were, you would have a little more consideration before handing out perma-mutes and you wouldn’t be trying to make me look like a shitter either. I know the Discord server is huge and you can’t possibly deal with everyone at once, but, again, a simple verbal warning would’ve avoided us all of this.

“…after so recently joining the server. Speedrun mute any%.”
Ah yes, I joined the server in January but I’m trying to speedrun mutes 3 months later by posting meme Fallout videos and a vaguely explicit gif. Where’s the logic in this? For the last time, stop trying to paint me as a shitter.

What I’m getting from your comment is that you’d rather wave your admin cock around than engage in basic verbal communication. If that’s too hard for you to do what are you even an admin for? And it’s not like I’m a terrible offender or anything, all I’ve done wrong so far is post memes. I don’t think you realize how harsh of a sentence a perma-mute is.

It’s also hypocritical how you guys supposedly have a “very harsh stance on sexual content” but have done nothing to remove the metric ton of fetish sexual shit from your codebase. But yes, I guess me posting a meme gif of a guy blowing a doorknob is infinitely more detrimental to the well-being of minors on the server.

Anyway, my rant is now truly over. I can finally go back to doing nothing productive all day long.