BarteG Mentor Application

Your CKEY:
Bartekek

Your Discord:
BarteG#6353

How long have you been playing ss13?:
About everyday for a year. I have 330 hours on bee with about double that on goonstation.

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?:
Haven’t asked them but XeonMations (Aaron Martin) could propably vouch that i’m a pretty good at engineering and atmos (as you can see from the hour distribution).

Game Experience (More Detailed):
I’m expierienced in Engineering, Medical, Science and a decent bit in command. haven’t played many service jobs (which may be a dealbreaker on the application since new players end up mostly there) since i’m not that good at RP without having a set goal like engineering but i do know the basics of mixology, cooking and botany (i know as much as there is to know about jannitor since there ain’t much of a skill ceiling). I am also currently making a map for the server progress of which you can see in #mapping on the dicord so i know a bunch about station layouts and what they need to function.

(rookie hours)

Also i play pretty much every day when i have free time so i’m decently active (around 18:00-24:00 GMT)

I’m not expecting to get accepted but hey might as well try since you can never have too many mentors.

Updated game hours:

I’ve played mainly command roles since the time i’ve posted the application
(i’ve also played on shiptest a lot recently so i do have plenty of botany, kitchen and mining expierience)

1 Like

Good atmos hours, I like to see it

Here’s some questions (answer to them as if they were mhelps)

1. What’s hypernoblium and how do I get it?

2. The power monitoring terminal doesn’t display anything how fix??

3. How do I play this game?

Good luck with the app!

We need more atmos experts among the mentos, IMO.
Before I give you the endorsement though;
Who are your character(s)? (just to see if I recognise the name(s))
What are your favourite accomplishments on BEE?

Porter Keopple and ocasionaly borg Little Helper. and best acomplishments are propably the one time i got bwoinked for irradiating like a quarter of kilo station with my fusion and other time when we made a 50TW TEG and hooked it up to the grid

Neat, yeah I vaguely recognise that name.
Do you like explaining shit to people?

1. Hypernoblium is a very inert gas that stops all gas reactions from happening if there are more than 5 moles of it on the tile (also it costs 1k per mol when sold at cargo.) To make it you need to heat 2 parts nitrogen and 1 part tritium to crazy high temperatures for which youll most likely need to do a fusion setup first. if you add BZ to the nitrogen tritium mix you can lower the reaction temperature to around 5mil C but it’s offten unnecessary. The actual hard part is cooling the Hyper noblium back down from the millions of degrees celsius. this one’s perticulary hard since hyper noblium has a heat capacity 10 times highier than plasma. my suggestion would be a huge space plasma filled cooling loop connected to a smaller hypernob loop by heat exchangers.

2. (haven’t actually ever encountered it but i’ve expierienced popup windows not working in general) Depends what exactly doesn’t show up. there are 3 options: a) you clicked the minimalize button the last time you closed the window and now it’s hidden in the bottom left b) if no interface shows up but a debug sceen it’s a byond bug in which case you just need to try and open the computer again c) might be an in game bug in which case you just need to deconstruct the console and reconstruct it again. the good 'ol turn it off and back on again

3. That’s a very broad question. Some starter tips are:
    -tab changes your controls to hotkey mode so you can walk with wasd
    -if you can’t move while standing on a chair that’s most likely becouse you’re buckled to it. pess the resist button on the bottom right or the buckled status popup on the top right
    -to find your way around the station you can eithier ask people for directions, look for the direction signs on some walls or just look at the webmap avaiable under the OOC tab in the top right.

1 Like

it’s one of my favourite things to do. Most people don’t understand atmos in the slightest so i love it when i get to teach it to someone.

the other day i got to teach 2 new atmosians the basics of fusion and the next round we ended up tohether in atmos so i threw one of them into the deep water when i ordered him to make fusion by himself as i was busy making nitryl. Atmos burned down in fusion fire but it was beautiful

2 Likes

And that means it’s a +1 from me.
Hope you get the role chief.

My questions were intentionally really vague to see how you’d respond to them, usually mhelps aren’t immediately clear, but you can ask them fog more info

You clearly know your way around the game, so that’s a +1 from me :wink:

From personal experience Porter Is quite knowledgeable and would fit nicely as a mentor.
+1

1 Like

Going over mentor apps sometime within the next couple of days unless someone beats me to it.

@Mentors Votes/Questions please.

1 Like

I suppose I can ask a couple of questions now! Pretend these are all mhelps in game:

1. How do I make a bonfire?
  2. Is there a way to identify other changelings?
  3. Why isn’t this powered?
  4. I need to disconnect

Oh also since its been a month since the application, mind posting your updated hours? :v

1. ask botany for tower cap logs or grow them yourself. Next bring up the crafting menu (the little hammer on the bottom right) go to the tribal tab and find the bonefire on the list.
  2. (not 100% sure since i don’t play antagonist much) there’s the hivemind link ability which lets you communicate directly with other changelings. other than that you can usualy rely on the crew shouting on the comms about a known ling
  3. you have to be more specific. if it’s a wire check if they are all connected properly
  4. if you have to leave then use the cryo pods you can find next to dormitories and in medbay. just drag click yourself onto one and they’ll remove your character from the round once you log out or ghost.
1 Like

So interestingly, I’ve had the same or very similar mhelps in the not so long time I’ve been a mentor, and here’s so notes on them!

1. Good
  2. Fun fact, I gave almost the exact same response, which I’m guessing you either played changeling a while back or checked the wikipedia. Wikipedia is outdated, changelings don’t have hivemind anymore, and don’t even have the absorve another changeling objective. I figured this one out in part due to asking on discord and testing on my private server since I was just a ghost observing.
  3. This one I got almost exactly like this. Turns out it was a recharger and the APC on that room was out of power. You should maybe tell them you can’t see what they’re looking at and that you only get the question (and their ckey).
  4. This one was more of a trick question, since I asked them to elaborate if they wanted help finding cryo or what, turns out they were an antag. No admins were on so he decided to mhelp. Before I could even respond again they had already left. Telling people to ahelp even if it doesn’t show up that admins are on is a good idea.

So overall not alot of hours, but I have seen Porter walking around! Questions we’re answered as well as I would, to be honest, and we the more mentors the better, so I’ll just give ya my +1!

So a T: 3?

Sure hope you’ve been getting mime hours in in the meanwhile

kinda funny since i actually booted up dream daemon to make sure. perhaps my version is just outdated by a few weeks (or months)

Accepting at +4.