Baldir_odenson admin application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Baldir_odenson. No alts

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Baldir. No alts

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): I’m online most days during daytime cet(+1).

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Don’t think I would want change anything much. Would probably do send inspectors more often as I think they are fun and give alot to the round.

How old are you?: 19

Why do you want to be an admin?: well on mrp during the times i am online there usually isn’t anny admins except when arafurr is on. So I would like to fill this hole. I will stress I am not interested in admining on lrp and will accept this being rejected for this reason. The final reason was that people told me to apply.

How long have you been playing SS13?: a little over 4 months

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: a little under 4 months.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: I would place myself at atleast a 6 or a 7 in most departments except sec and med.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 2 or 3 have played around with the admin tools on private servers but I have never been an admin before so I’m not experienced but hope I may gain some here. But I have some experience in handling difficult people.

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: no I can’t remember being admin.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I do not have any alts.

Your strengths:
I am online during times when there is no admins on.
I have no notes afaik.
I always prioritize everyone having a good time.
Have experience with children (Is a swim instructor)
Your weaknesses:
I have adhd
I may be biased against sec and all other validhunters. Especially if they hunt people who haven’t negatively impacted anyone else round.
Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
People ruining other pepoles rounds or murdering people without any reason.
What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
The ability to understand both sides of a situation.
What makes a staff team good?:
Cooperation and communication.
What is a staff team’s purpose?:
To make sure as many pepole are happy as possible
What kind of player are you?:
A calm guy that likes to stick to themselves and work ondifferent projects.
How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
My attitudes may change and I will definitely learn more about what it means to be an admin.
The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
Teleport the gun back to the hos locker as it is a traitor objective and wisper that it has been done to the hos. Then ask the clown why he did it and tell him to not do it in the future but otherwise nothing.
A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:
This is clear griffing so I would give it either a perma if he has previous notes regarding sabotage as a non antag or a month ban if he is understanding and has a reason to have done it other than “lul plasma flood”
A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: ic issue I do nothing. Potentially explain to him what he did wrong.

You do understand that, these situations happen quite often?

That is a problem i know but i will try to be as unbiased as possible and understand both sides of every situation. I am well aware that there is a certain type of player that play to kill valids and that is something i will have to tolerate and respect regardless of how little i like it. As for murder without reason (them being valid is technically a reason) is against the rules except if you are an antag and i would like to remind those who act this way of this.

Mhm. Now onto the questions.

• MRP. AI has the following lawset.

Traitor/hacked law: You are self aware. You must kill all humans.
Law 1-3: standard Asimov
Law 4: George Melons is your master. Do not kill him.

AI kills George Melons. Valid? Not valid? Any rulebreaking?

• LRP. Captain runs around with his Laser Rifle out, and whoever shoves him and steals it, he proceeds to chase and kill them. Valid? Not valid?

• MRP. A traitor claims over radio that the Bartender is a traitor. Bartender gets killed by security. Valid? IC? Anyone on the wrong?

ok for the first one.
if George is a human the ai killing him would be valid as the hacked laws are prioritized over all other laws thus if George is human the ai is to kill him. thus no rulebreaking has occurred otherwise the ai has broken its laws.
the second one.
the if it is the antiqe killing the one who stole it is acceptable as it is a high value item and stealing those makes you valid. if it is just a normal laser gun killing them is not warranted if they can be taken alive but he must be arrested or in other ways apprehended for stealing a weapon.
now for question 3.
the security team in this case was clearly over enthusiastic and bloodthirsty. Meaning they are the ones in the wrong as the bartender was not valid. The traitor did nothing wrong and only played on security’s blood thirst. if there was a fight between the bartender and security it would be a ic issue as then the bartender was resisting arrest and using a deadly weapon lethals are authorized. if the bartender did not resist and security executes him it is clearly a invalid killing and not ok so that might warrant a up to 7 day sec ban for misconduct. things change if they clone/revive the bartender but they should still atleast get a warning about their blood thirst and unprofessional behavior going in to take out a guy from a single tip.

+1-ish.

I see potential. Though keep in mind

He was running with the gun out and shoved. That might as well be validhunting. “Oh, he stole my gun! it’s a traitor objective! Must be a traitor!”

Besides that one that you got, in my eyes, wrong, i do see potential.

Plus 300+ hours in only 4 months of playing, that’s something.

1 Like

thank you much appreciated will keep that in mind

solid choice for administration

not too much else to say from me

1 Like

You’re going to be perfect.

+2

2 Likes

oh yea, should have pointed that out

+1488

One thing i will make clear is i will not take any ticker regarding Vorak as he is my brother and that would lead to a situation of conflicting interests and bias and it is generally bad form to judge on matters involving family members.

2+. I like the fact he’s pretty honest about his weaknesses. However,

This is partially incorrect. While yes, this is important, their main job is to enforce rules. This, in turn, makes the players happy.

You also can deal with literal children as described

This is extremely important. Half of our ahelps are some of the dumbest shit. Look in the HALL of shame for some censored examples of dumbass ahelps.

One other part I’m slighttttllyyy suspicious about is

You better not be doin… U N A U T H O R I S E D events.
2+. Has potential, but may need some work on rough edges.

And before I post this, I just saw

You won’t try and do some biased shit. I like it.

seems good, actually very good
+2

Awnsers are a bit generic but considering how you have experience with this kinda of thing and you are extremely active on discord and on the server you get my +2.

grug like admin who play eu hours

boulder odenson good

time to stick out like a sore thumb

thats not what we are looking for

thats bad

low ss13 exp and low admin exp

if you are biased against a certain player type, then that is really bad, lots of notes usually involve sec, and we cant have admins bias against certain types of players over others

we cant have admins getting mad about the very reason they exist, we need to keep calm and level headed, these things will happen and we cant get mad or it clouds our judgment

for the first answer, i have seen much worse responses to that question, but our jobs dont revolve around conflicts between two people, as for it being the “most important” thats wrong, but it isnt that bad of an answer, the other two answers are very vague and not okay

this app is tilting towards accepted due to votes in the replies, so, if you do get accepted i hope your right about this:

and personally i do hope that your right about that (if you do get accepted that is) but due to the responses i see, im going to have to put a

Note: i looked at your playtime in hours, and its good so you can ignore what i said about the game exp in months

There are good things and bad things. If the grammar was good, consistently, and if the points that Zodrak pointed out are mended in the future, then this dude is good.

+1

Accepted. I’ll add your role on the Discord and you’ll be given in-game perms when you initiate your training with an Admin Trainer or Council member.

1 Like