Autisme's admin application: Electric boogalo

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Autisme

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Autisme#3276

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): UTC amsterdam +1. I cant say for certain because my job is inconsistant but probably around 6PM till 10 PM, on weekends I am usualy able most of the day assuming I want to play SS13.

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Most likely not much, creative events? Maby ill make a PR someday I have made small PR’s but that’s unrelated to being a admin

How old are you?: 18

Why do you want to be an admin?: 2 reasons, 1. I like messing with stuff at CC like building stuff so maybe I can do fun construction projects(either standalone or as event maybe), 2. I like to think I am pretty creative so hosting fun events might be nice to do.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Around a year now, maybe less. Mostly spent on TG

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: 335h (295h/40h)

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: Depends on the role, 7/10?

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 4/10, I only know how some of the admin tools work from private servers. I can code dive though

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: I am a moderator for a discord server and have helped host another. But no real SS13 experience

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: none

Your strengths: I can quickly learn mechanical stuff both about the game and admin systems. I have some understanding of the SS13 code specifics and am pretty logical(id say)

Your weaknesses: Id probably at first have trouble with being ““anti-fun””. my spelling also is horrible. English is not my first language

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People being hypocrits. Like bitching you hate admins only to be begging to them the next minute.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Detectives hunch? being able to read a situation based on a ahelp and a few logs and peacing together the what, why and how

What makes a staff team good?: Exchange of information and records, unbiased, and most importantly. Coordinated

What is a staff team’s purpose?: ensure that the optimally calculated level of fun is achieved

What kind of player are you?: That autistic engineer/scientist that builds either over-engineered machines or brings horrible idea’s to life

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: ill become the mad scientist that has the worst ideas. A great time

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: Clowns have some freedom when it comes too pranks. But HoS gun being a unique, objective item. Could ruin a greentext or 2. It also is not a very funny prank in my opinion. Id send him a message and give him a note assuming his record mostly clean(atleast that he didnt do this already before)

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: You’d have to be a lawyer to talk this right, obvs griefer gets the boot. This would probably result in a perma ban but I don’t like using perma bans so probably a month ban.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: Chemist often mess up in this regard, it’s not strange, and overall no real harm is done. Assuming he doesn’t have notes of doing this a lot id just refer him to a mentor/guide or give advice myself.

-2 i dont like your answers

Can we get your hours

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Living 292h.

unless you meant something else?

I assume they meant your job hours, there should be a verb in the OOC tab that’ll give you a summary of it.

or go on discord and type ?player CKEY
beebot will tell you your hours in beestation.

+1, all I can say is that you gotta be more harsh on griefers.

335h (295h/40h) is the result from the bee bot command, ill edit the main app to this

Answers are well, okay. But the worse part is why do you want to become an admin, because there rarely is time to do ‘fun’ things in CC or run an event. So two things that make you want to become an admin are rare, what now?

I mean if I said I want became a admin soley because I just love sitting through complaints id be lying. I get that you cant be fucking around every round. But still doing fun stuff on occasion and doing what I can to make horizontal spes man simulator more fun is what I want ultimatly.

Okay I am going with +1 for now. If any admin has some questions I am willing to change it, based on answers.

T:0.

I have to agree with mat, I don’t like some of those answers. It just seems you don’t have much passion for being a admin beside wanting to do events. I’ll try to wait on voting until/if a admin posts some other scenarios for you to answer.

I think I’ve beaten you to that, I had a event idea that the idea would be that a wizard has cursed the station with murphy’s law. Where it would be a high leveled dynamic mode and I’d spawn/trigger events that would make whatever had happened on the station go worse. Like your trying to fight a blob and I trigger a lone op or the SM is close to delaming/half the crew is dead and I trigger a beer overflow. After looking at my idea, instead what I thought would be a fun, intense even just looks more like “This one time this admin just adminbussed like a asshole and called it a event.”

I think I’ve beaten you to that, I had a event idea that the idea would be that a wizard has cursed the station with murphy’s law. Where it would be a high leveled dynamic mode and I’d spawn/trigger events that would make whatever had happened on the station go worse. Like your trying to fight a blob and I trigger a lone op or the SM is close to delaming/half the crew is dead and I trigger a beer overflow. After looking at my idea, instead what I thought would be a fun, intense even just looks more like “This one time this admin just adminbussed like a asshole and called it a event.”

I had something similar in mind, where the longer the wizard is alive the more events would happen. Good or bad. I also was thinking about a event for mainly already dead ghost to do a PVP on the giant snow map north of the nukie spawn. Just give them uplink with 500 TC per team, admin RCD and watch them built a autism fort and trying to defend it.

I have to agree with mat, I don’t like some of those answers. It just seems you don’t have much passion for being a admin beside wanting to do events. I’ll try to wait on voting until/if a admin posts some other scenarios for you to answer.

From the experience as admining that I have outside of SS13, I learned you shouldn’t take it to seriously. You will only stress yourself out. It doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t give a damn but you shouldn’t be too devoted either or your putting yourself in a very fast fall into insanity.

@GameAdmin dont wana ping but I got told by few people its best to ping if a application gets stale. Please dont murder me for it

I applied for almost identical reasons once. Most of the +1s for me were simply because the admins wanted to see how I would do. I have a word of warning though. You REALLY have to want to do this. This is a thankless miserable job, if you ask me. I don’t know how well admins perform currently, but when I was admin for all of 2 days, it was not the best experience.

When you become admin, you stop being a normal player. You will spend time out of your own round to deal with minor shit. You may even die because of that. That’s assuming you don’t ultimately deadmin. I quit because I wanted to keep enjoying the game. I didn’t want to burn out and ultimately stop playing because I had to deal with other people’s tickets all day.

If you can handle that, I think that the headmins should let you in. I see a similar desire to improve the server that I had. I suggest giving up on doing fun shit on centcom all together. You might get a small amount of time to do that, but it wont be very much and shouldn’t even be part of the expectation.

consider this a bump for this. There can alway be more admins.

1 Like

This probably was a little unrealistic on my part, I will give that. But I think I can survive atleast trying it. Id like to think that I can handel it but no one will ever know unless I try.

-1 from me.
Bad answers.
Motivation appears to be “press funny buttons”

1 Like

+0. The answers are okay, but the desire for pushing the fun buttons is concerning. Button-pushy trialmins tend to push too many buttons.

1 Like

Can confirm, tried to make funni CC gimmicks and I nearly fucked up. Is a job, not a privelige.