[Autisme] Admin Report

CKEY: Kontaminant

Your Discord: don’t use discord

Offender’s CKEY: Autisme

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 04-14-2022

Part of Admin/Mentor Conduct Broken (if relevant): Maintain a decent standard of professionalism when operating within the community

Incident Description: Did not read logs at all to resolve a player report.

Additional Information: I had to repeatedly correct them about basic events related to the player report which would not be needed if they had actually read the logs from the round related to the incident.

I’m not contesting the note I received or any result of the player report itself as it’s completely benign from my perspective.

Then whats the point exacly?

I expect admins to read round logs related to a player report they are handling.

Please point me to the part of admin conduct violated.
Or are you saying the note describes what happend improperly?

1 Like

I already wrote I am not contesting the note. I’m writing this admin report because I believe the admin in question didn’t read the round logs at all, and was only handling it based on opinions of everyone involved. If that’s normal part of professional conduct then you can disregard this report.

I thought admins are supposed to read what happened from logs before making assumptions, even basic things as who died during the ordeal were not read by the handling admin from the logs, and I had to remind them nobody died.

So that I’m actually understanding this… You’re not contesting the note, which means you’re accepting their judgement from the report… Which means you think they got the correct conclusion despite claiming that they failed to do their due diligence? Am I understanding this correctly?

I can certainly do a deeper dive into the report to fact-check some of the other claims if needed, but it’s reading like Autisme validated what was provided in the screenshots and then passed judgement based on the immediately relevant evidence instead of spending time on irrelevant factors. Further, as I’m trying to establish, it seems you agree with their conclusion proving that they didn’t really need to gather any added evidence.

If my assertions are correct, then I’m not really sure what you’d like me to do with this report from here.

1 Like

I’m only accepting the note because I know from previous experience that it’s a complete waste of time to try and appeal notes. I already have one that’s a straight lie on my account, and the only result of appealing was the admin that put it there reiterating the lie and closing the appeal themselves. There’s nothing at all for me to gain or fix by appealing this note, yet there’s just a risk of receiving even harsher judgement out of spite or malice. So I don’t appeal the note and don’t want to devote further time to it in this thread and accept it as it is, so we can focus on another issue.

I rather focus on something that can potentially improve future interactions, which in this case is making sure admins actually read the logs instead of just going by gut feelings. The whole result of the player report related to this thread was quite literally nothing. It’s hard to go wrong with nothing, even if you do not read any logs or just go with cherry picked screenshots. Had I received a ban for example, despite the admin not reading logs, I’m sure you’d look at the incident differently.

I know admins do their job for free, I’d rather they not process a report at all if they can’t take the time to actually read the logs instead of going with their gut and potentially banning people due to their negligence. That’s what I want, for you to talk to your admin that they should get the facts.

1 Like

As I said in your attempt to report them, this is a disagreement of the facts. When you finally made the appeal, it was revealed that everyone in that situation was in the wrong and was handled according to their actions. You were given a note due to your poor attempts to roleplay, which you even admitted in your appeal when you denoted that you made no effort to interact and didn’t believe you had any reason to do so (despite being the active party in the scenario).

You can continue to claim that it’s a, “straight lie” but I think you’d be better off just accepting that you could have done better at the time and move on from this senseless narrative you’ve been holding onto since last year.

If you say so.

It’s not even comparable and makes your claims seem disingenuous. No matter how you may personally perceive notes to be, they are not a form of punishment. It’s documentation.

They did look at the logs. They verified the screenshots and confirmed the basic order of events before making a light and reasonable judgement based on the immediate facts.

I will concede that they came off as quite lazy in their responses after the fact, however. They could have gone back to the logs to provide more accurate rebuttals to your objections; but ultimately, as they said, it wouldn’t have really changed the final outcome. Which, by the way, is incredibly mild.

[2022-04-14 18:27:52 | note by autisme]
Slightly more valid hunty then I personaly like. You did not break any rules but try not to play like you did, result of Tim Evans player report - #4 by Kontaminant

I wont excuse the laziness, but, at the same time, I can’t say I expected them to review the entire round’s logs for something they already determined to be inconsequential and not a rule-break. To be quite frank, I don’t even think you would have gotten the note if it weren’t for some of your responses in the actual report.

In conclusion:

There is nothing for me to actually act on here. The note seems quite reasonable and you made it clear that you see no value in contesting it.

While I once again concede that Autisme could have done more when responding to your objections, they just as easily could have closed the report then and nothing would have changed.

2 Likes