Astralari Mentor Application //ON HOLD//

I do agree that you need more command hours. But im judging the book by its cover. Help me by answering these questions.

1. How do you stop someone with sleeping carp from range.
  2. A man asks for a new permanent identity, how do you help him as a geneticist.
  3. Name every single budget card.
  4. How do you make soil as a botanist.
  5. The captain is now a fly. How did this happen?

You make Anomalous Virus Food with virus food (which is milk and water) and laughter (which is sugar and banana juice).

You clone materials by using a warping dark purple which converts a full stack of plasma to any other materials that can be mined. That’s all I’ve got for this question.

1. They are likely not aggresively grabbing.
  2. Warping dark purple maybe?
  3. Alt click them when they are unanchored.
  4. Charged yellows from xenobiology.
  5. If it’s just the laws tampered with, lock it down, cut the Intelligence link wire. If it’s emagged or the AI is malfunctioning, flash/stun it, cut the lockdown wire, wrench it to deconstruct. You can then rebuild the cyborg (make sure it’s not slaved to the AI), and it should be fixed.
  1. Throwing items at them should work.
  2. Editing their unique identifiers.
  3. Off the top of my head, there’s the research, engineering, science, cargo, defense/security, and service. (Edit: I forgot medical budget)
  4. Three sandstone bricks gives you one soil plot.
  5. The teleporter has a very small chance of interference and turning you into a flyperson.

Crystallized Cerulean pylons allow you to make more material appear in a stack. Your method is close enough.

Which looks good to me so far.

Debatable. Command hours with no issues relating can be an expectation for admins(where leadership can matter). It can be a good sign here, but people may be used to providing the sort of instruction mentors do from IRL jobs, so it shouldn’t be a disqualification.

Additionally command roles don’t always get to do the hands on part(since they often will coordinate and delegate) which can also be a huge turn off.

Perhaps a question like this can frame potential experience.

Final Question to Help Me judge this:

Mhelp comes in for making a heretic rune, you answer to use in hand. They come back again saying it doesn’t work. How do you provide further instructions on making a rune?

Assume there’s no technical issues and default key binds when answering.

when you say technical issues, I’m assuming you mean like bugs?

Answer: Is it a three by three tiled area with no obstructions?

Yes.

Not quite what I was expecting, but I also wasn’t very specific, so technically you’re correct.

Any other ways you’d explain creating a rune if the advice “use mansus grasp in hand” doesn’t work?

Using the grasp in an unobstructed 3x3 area should work. Is the codex on the person? If not, that may be why.

yep.

works well. but a bit slow and random for my liking an alternative is to spawn watchers and kill them
(i dont have 100 sheets of plasma and 2 hours) NOT A WRONG ANSWER THO :+1:

that’s for computer frames and emitters. it does not work for most machines
you need to wrench them while their wirering is exposed.

a clasic

good if a tad bit on the agressive end.

overall pretty good
+1

What I was really looking for was something explaining it as something like lighting a lighter, opening up a PDA, activating an Esword, etc.

Overall seems good so I’ll plus 1

1. Indeed throwing items work. Additionally it doesnt block attacks considered explosive So flashbangs work well.
  2. Good
  3. The research and science budgets are technically the same card. You also missed out the civil budget.
  4. Not wrong, the exact answer I was looking for was how botany obtains sandstone.
  5. Good.

There is indeed no requirement for command hours, but i still believe some there are knowledge that require a bit of experience in it.

Going to give a +0.5

I’m gonna bump this since it’s been 8 days

T: 4.5 from what I can see.

I already gave my vote a month ago, and I think we’ve squeezed all we can from the current mentors.
:disappointed:

Can some admins weigh in and give some scores?

Alright, question time

1: Dead person gets dragged to medbay, skull icon on medhud. Causes? Treatment?

2: Husked person in medbay, cloner disabled in config due to me wanting to get an answer that isn’t “rebuild the cloner” admin fuckery, what do?

3: What crossbreed instantly heals you upon usage?

4: Someone mentorhelps asking why they can’t sacrifice their target as a heretic, they say the corpse is on the rune but the transmutation won’t work. Causes? Answer?

5: Clown or mime?

questions questions questions

1-how do you create a teratoma as a virologist

2-a player is constantly ticking up damage. they have no reagents in them. what could be causing it
(bonus points for multiple right answers)

3-a player asks how to revive a plasmaman give as many answers as you can. you never know when the obvious ones will explode be unavalabe

4-a player asks if it is ok to bomb the brig as a traitor who is wanted but has no murder objectives.
what do you say.

5-are you lactose intolerant

1. They are dead. People die when they are killed. Defib them if they are a non-IPC or plasmaman. If they have more than 180 brute/180 burn then apply synthflesh or do tend wounds surgery. If their body has been dead for more than 15 minutes, clone.
  2. If it’s extreme temps husking, apply synthflesh. If it’s a ling’s absorb husk, put their brain in a new body.
  3. Stabilized, I believe.
  4. You have to also place the living heart onto the rune.
  5. Mimes always.
  1. I have done very little virology and I cannot find anything about teratomas. I’m not sure.
  2. It depends on the damage. Oxygen damage likely means low blood levels. Burn/Brute could mean low pressure/high heat.
  3. Clone them, and after they’re cloned, put them underneath a shower and give them their clothes. Give them sablumatol, and give them their mask and oxygen tank back.
  4. I would redirect them to adminhelp, mentors are not admins and should not talk about rules.
  5. Nope!

Being dead for >15 minutes is what causes the skull icon on medhud. Otherwise it would show some heart rhythm. You can also perform revival surgery on >15 minute long dead people, however they cannot be defibbed.

You should make sure it has <40 burn damage before applying synthflesh. 5u Rezadone can also be applied to dehusk after tending burns… Answer about linghusks is good.

First off, crossbreeds always have a color associated with the dominant extract.
Secondly, it’s all regenerative crossbreeds. They also have a secondary effect if used (except for grey).

Correct

Correct

Answers are generally fine, however missing out on some details.

+0.5
Wishing you the best for your application!

cringe your getting a -1 now

quite based changing back to a +1

sad but fair
the symptom in question is pituitary disrupion. dissease that makes rapid cell growth and mutation
if the dissease spead is HIGH. after some time a toma tumor will be born

ok this could be on me for not clarifying. we are taking brute damage ambient temperatures,
no chems in body

Good. you can also preform revival surgery. and if really desperate.plant the brain in a diffrent body

Yes

GOOD.
PUTS GUN AWAY

although its a 2 for 2. seeing your generally good answers to other mentors (although with some lack of detail)
ill give a +0.5