CKEY: archstanton

Admin’s CKEY: naevi

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: Sage MRP

Which server did the ban happen on? Sage MRP

Ban Type: Server

Ban Length: 7

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 2021-01-17

Round ID: 26173

Ban Reason: As scientist held a flamethrower for “self defence” against cult before halo stage. then went into maintenance and fired the flamethrower unprovoked which resulted in 5 death in total, cultists and bystanders. You are not a security officer to deal with cultists, and you are not allowed to hold such items “just in case”.

Appeal Reason: It wasn’t really unprovoked: one of the cultists attacked my scientist pal and started dragging him away, and i think others were coming for me, so i fired my flamethrower and ran away. Also, i never heard about not being allowed to posses or make certain items (exept high-risk ones). Flamethrower is just another fun and potentially dangerous thing that can be made in sci and i never had trouble with any of them. I especially need clearance on that, as i like making dangerous stuff and woldnt want to be banned again.

Additional Information: I was truly spooked: i heard smashing, chopping, screams and some magic around RnD for good 10-20 minutes, maints were covered in blood, comms weren’t working propperly, the lights were out and nobody seemed to do anything. I’m not even sure if this can be calld validhunting, since we just went to investigate the screams that were right next to us

Power gaming. Your banned for valid hunting and power gaming. Also any reasonable person who hears screams and sees blood while knowing there’s a cult of literal satan worshippers with magic would not go “hmmm I have a flamenwerfer” and charge in

Don’t make flamethrowers as non antag unless your on LRP. Honestly, your play style as sci seems fitted for LRP where power gaming is encouraged

How is this power gaming? I literally made 1 item that was not directly part of my job, only had a firesuit for protection and ran away when i saw cultists. If you say it is, what other things are off-limits? What about grenades, poisons, drugs, nanites with suppresion programmes, letal viruses with zero transmission? I usually make those things in case someone wants to murder me or if anybody needs them to fight the antags.

You had firesuit beforehand too, so something tells me you were specially prepared and looking for opportunity to use the flamethrower.

If you hear spooky scary noises you dont go unga flamethrower, firesuit, but you infrom security.

You aren ot security, you are scientist, you shouldn’t know how to fight besides basic stuff. You normally would be too scared to even act on it.

Furthermore, ban is sage only, if you wish to powergame and validhunt antags go to LRP.

It’s exact definition of powergamming, keeping something “in case”.

You are not supposed to fight antags, security is made for that.
This game is not all about winning.

If you wish to enjoy more chaotic fun please visit our LRP server instead.

As naevi has already explained above the points I was going to make just adding my agreement to keep it.

1 Like

What about grenades, poisons, drugs, nanites with suppresion programmes, letal viruses with zero transmission?

That’s all PowerGame. good stuff, and if you wanna use it wait to be antag or go on LRP where you’ll be able to find excuses and it’s more than allowed

Oh and if you want an excuse to use any of it (or more so see it in action)

Grenades: Sec reports cultists, make holy water grenades, Malf Ai?, make EMP grenades, Nukies? Go crazy

Drugs: if they’re beneficial, give to sec, if not, don’t make. Nitrous oxide in cryo syringes with syringe gun given to HOS proves a deadly weapon

Lethal viruses: sec can use them to execute!

Nanites: give that holding cell a use with nanites that cause issues for prisoners on wardens remote press

Make fun stuff, give to sec, teach how to use, watch them use, improve

1 Like

Read the rules again before the appeal, but didn’t notice the second tab with powergaming defined, sorry.
I dont play on golden exactly because i dont like validhunting and powergaming, i’d rather not play for a week.
Took the firesuit because i wasn’t sure how powerfull was the flamethrower and didnt want to be roasted if i ever needed to use it. I reported screams in comms multiple times, but i don’t remember if any of it got trough due to comms being down occasionally.
So, i sholdn’t try to make the deadliest syringe or grenade even if it is just because i like the craft?
Honestly, i never concidered the RP fear factor because RP is pretty low even on MRP. Being “grown adult working on a research station” and an occasional interesting conversation is the most i’ve seen from a non RP-heavy role.

Thanks for the clarification!
The only thing i don’t understant is where is the line between powergaming and what you described. What should i do if i get caught by antags while i have something like that? Not use it and run away? Sec are often a pain to give or explain something to.

It won’t get better if peopel won’t respect our RP rules.

No.
Go to golden if you want to do something because of craft, MRP is place for people to do their job, interact with others and not to powergame into oblivion.

I am going ahead and denying this as the ban is only 7 days long Sage ban issued for powergamming and validhunting.