Apollo Brando and Farents Player Report

CKEY: gilgax

Your Discord: gilgax

Offender’s CKEY: Apollo Brando; Farents

Offender’s In-Game Name: Roland Booker; Nikolay Koshkin

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (YYYY-MM-DD): 2024-02-25

Round Number: 47818

Rules Broken: 13 Antagonist Conduct .4 - Murderboning is not permitted unless approved by an admin directly (Murderboning is defined as the indiscriminate killing of multiple parties who are not a threat)

Incident Description:

From what I understood, two bloodbrothers with the objective to kill a chemist and steal the medal of captaincy made a death virus (Autophageocytosis Necrosis and Heart Disease at the minimum), and infected the food in the kitchen or let it spread on purpose. The following people I know at least got infected: the captain, Beau (a doctor), the janitor, an assistant and the QM. Had me and the CMO not cured the virus, the damage could’ve been a lot worse.
When asked in OOC about it, Apollo Brando responded with the following:

Additional Information:
Oh also Clover Ratcliff the botanist made combustible lemons for EORG on green alert in the same round. I know standard procedure would be to open another report, but I’m tired x)

Right so first off necrosis was the only bad symptom in that virus, blood was the transmission method, the cure was pretty easy to make and only the stealth threshhold was met but that part is irrelevant. The plan was to infect the chemist alone but there was simply not a single good opportunity to do so with a fully staffed and competent medbay so the second option was causing a big enough distraction so that we he would either get infected in the commotion or we kill him ourselves. The CMO realised in less than 5 minutes that it was a virus and an antidote was quickly administered.

Worth mentioning:

• Isolated killings and kills that reasonably assist with your objectives are not murderboning.
  • Crew inside a department in which you must complete an objective may be considered a threat and pre-emptively eliminated without provocation.

I’m not going to sugarcoat it, i tried experimenting with killing my target in a different way and it resulted in multiple people dying. I’d argue that the round was made more interesting due to this but that’s not for me to decide.

1 Like

Ah sorry, the heart damage must’ve been body decay. :b

You don’t disagree that you put this virus in the food at the kitchen though?

Would you have not done it, had the people in the medbay been less experienced?

Publicly spiking food with a deadly virus is not an isolated killing, especially considering it even brought more people who weren’t in the medbay to the medbay to get treated/take the vaccine.

That is true, if you had killed the CMO, the multiple doctors, paramedica and the other chemist it might’ve been fine.
But what about the QM, the random assistant, the janitor (that seemed to be a newer player), and whoever might’ve eaten more of the food had the captain and Beau not put 2 and 2 together and warned not to eat the food at the kitchen?

The rule about no murderboning exists for a reason, it’s not up to you to break it just because “it would spice up the round”. You could’ve done that in a myriad of other ways without killing random people in other departments.

I’m done replying to this thread though, more writting it just gonna make this take longer to process.

1 Like

Hello, and thank you for reporting this.

I have checked the logs and indeed Apollo Brando created a Virus with the symptom Autophageocytosis Necrosis, which infected a large part of the players in the round, many of them who were not on the Medical Department.

In this case it was not fatal and did not ruin the round, but Apollo, you were aware of the lethality, stealth and transmissibility of the virus.

[2024-02-25 11:42:20.459] SAY: Apollo Brando/(Roland Booker) (Blood Brother Implant) “I'm fairly sure one of the symptoms leads to massive bleeding.” (Virology (167, 95, 2))
[2024-02-25 11:42:29.465] SAY: Apollo Brando/(Roland Booker) (Blood Brother Implant) “So there will be pools of blood for people to step in and get infected.” (Virology (167, 95, 2))
[2024-02-25 12:10:16.111] SAY: Apollo Brando/(Roland Booker) (Blood Brother Implant) “This virus takes less than 2 minutes to kill someone.” (Port Primary Hallway (93, 129, 2))

Apollo you have already been reported for similar behavior in the past (Apollo Brando Player Report) please be more careful in next rounds as non-murderbone Antag.

Farents was a fairly new player during the round, and had a somewhat secondary and passive role on the Virus infection.

Actions have been taken

Report processed