absolucy
Ban Type:
temporary game server
Ban Length:
7 days

12/7/2023:
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
LRP: As a non-antag lawyer, spent a while dragging around a mangled monkeyman corpse, repeatedly sawing it, spreading gore around the station, out of boredom. Cryoed after being told to stop, claiming such LRP behavior to be integral to your character. Please thoroughly re-read the rules and reevaluating if you’re truly here to RP. Auth: joelogbybolb

Appeal Reason:
I feel like the ban got a few things wrong. I’m not sure when/if I claimed the activity was integral to RP. I only cryo’d after I told the admin I was going to cryo and then waited 10 minutes for them to respond or warn against this so I had no idea I was doing anything wrong. The only reason I was cryo’ing was because I couldn’t find the locker room to dress up and finally while I agree admins should be listened to and respected, seven days ban seems harsh for something that caused no damage to the station, falls in the vague RP rule but isn’t specifically listed, and was stopped immediately after I was warned.

Additional Information:

Alright, I’m the admin who authorized the ban length for this ban, so I’m on the hook for the appeal.

I’m gonna start by saying that the moderator who handled this ticket misunderstood the part where you said you wanted to cryo because you were unable to “dress up” with your characteristic outfit as meaning that the LRP corpsebeating was integral to your character.

Regarding the ban length, it was excessive given I had inaccurate information regarding the situation. I believed you had stated you really couldn’t get in character without making a bloody mess of a monkey in a pretty LRP fashion, which made it difficult to trust that you wouldn’t do it again.

However, since this isn’t the first time you’ve been banned for LRP behaviour, I have to escalate the ban. I’ll edit the ban reason to reflect what happened more accurately and I’ll reduce the length to 5 days.

Here’s the new ban reason:

I’ll be leaving this open for 24 hours so you can provide additional context if you feel like the ban reason is still inaccurate.

P.S.: If you want to rely less on vendors for clothes you can always get it through the beecoin shop which will let you equip it roundstart. With your hours you should have enough beecoins for the whole outfit.

I’m sorry I wasn’t very clear. What I meant was I couldn’t find locker rooms to get dressed up and feel in character. I admit I was just making a mess for fun and also because I hate the cat surgeon-it was the cat surgeon not a monkified, sorry.

2 Likes

Yep, this was already amended earlier

I’ll add this too for accuracy

Thanks for making an appeal, this will stay open for a couple hours in case you do have any further qualms about the ban reason

1 Like

No I don’t I’m happy with results mostly. What I would like(and you too for that matter) is to stop screwing up. I’m sorry and I’ll do better next time.

3 Likes