Antags Guide to Pacifism

Warning: From Roleplay side bypassing pacifism is not allowed. You are a pacifist and therefore you AVOID harming others. As explained to me by Ruko this guide is not good for server with roleplay focused rules, in other words - Sage. If you have pacifism via quirk and you are antag, you can ahelp to remove the quirk. If it is forced on you via surgery or you got it randomly, you have to stick with pacifism. I wish to thank Ruko for explaining this to me.

If you read this guide, it means your character got “randomly” pacifism trauma, got pacified via surgery or you are a masochist because you picked pacifism quirk in character creator. In any case, here is a short guide for being a pacifist and how to deal with that problem.

When you have pacifism trauma, harming directly is nearly impossible. In other words, harm intent does not work, except few exceptions and weapons that are lethal and harmful are useless. Plus you cannot toss stuff that can hurt someone.

Combat: Since harm intent does not work, you must find other way to combat your foes. You can try famous Joestars technique, which is running away. You can shove them into a wall, and stun them with tabling. You can use non-lethal weaponry that deals stamina damage such as disablers or batons. But what if i told you… You can use genetic powers to cause direct harm? Yes. Some genetic powers can be used to attack. Examples that work are Shock Touch, Snowballs and Fire breath. That also counts some spells if somehow you get your hands on such things. Syringes, grenades can be used as a weapon too. Grenades cannot be tossed, you have to put it on the floor and run like hell. Syringes however… You must have them in hand with harm intent, ebb it and shove your target them so they cannot take out the syringe, don’t ask me why it works, it just works (for now). Most of antagonist items and abilities don’t work and force you to think outside the box. Mechs weaponry is still functional. You can shoot, punch or drill someone to death if you are in a mech.

Antagonist Pacifist:

Sleepy Pen, Explosives, Emag/AI Subversion and Plasmafire is pacifist traitor best friend. Since you cannot harm someone directly, why not poke them with most deadlies chemicals in a pen? Leave a bomb near them, so they explode and die? Or just simply make AI, cyborgs or someone else do your job for you? Remember, that also smoking kills, especialy when plasma is involved. Martial arts, work as long you don’t think to punch them with harm intent.

Changeling Pacifist… Has it rough. Most of the things do not work for them. Armblade is now jaws of life only, can force open doors. Tentacle is “LETHAL” so you are too scared to even disarm someone. Chimera (Snakes) and limb regrow is just comedy show that might get someone paralysed. And now… Stings… Fake armblade can be used to make people kill someone, simply try to stage a situation where they “try to kill you”. Cryosting, slow killer, they will complain and be angry with you because you use something that slows them to a halt and slowly kills them. Shrieks… Just for the stuns or emp to kill IPC or borgs. Teratomas, are lil buggers that most likely will try to chill, but they will get most likely get murdered by the crew because valid monkey and organs that it has.

Pacifistic blood cultist… Have you heard of blood rites? Shooty blood balls? They do work if i recall properly. Most of the spells and runes work perfectly normal, though you cannot fight with people using swords and daggers. Use spirit realm rune to either provide info as a dark spirit or just simply summon someone who is dead, so they can replace you as a normal cultist that can fight. Do not forget to put SSD cultists or constructs on revive rune, so ghosts can take over. You can still be more useful than a construct, don’t forget that.

Pacifistic Clock Cultist. Prepare defenses, heal wounded with abscond, try to capture people for conversions. During defense you are not a fighter, you can help more as a person that can heal your fellow cultists.

Pacifist nukie… Somehow this happening is impossible, but still. Explosives that can be set up are your best friends. Mechs still can shoot too if you are pacifist.

Pacifist heretic. Utterly fucked, if you don’t get those pierced realities first, say goodbye to ascencion. Flesh route if you get lucky, ghoul someone from high command and hope for the best that nobody finds out you ghouled someone who can kill entire station with plasmafire, virus or just straight up axe murderbone. Ash, you can set people on fire and teleport… You can run away and use other methods of “fighting”. Rust, cyborgs and walls do not matter, similar to ash you must rely on other ways of “fighting”.

Things that help:
Surgery is no longer a stabfest when you fail. Self-surgery is now possible without nearly killing yourself in a process.

Things pacifism ruins:
Want to kill that monkey for meat as chef? Need to get some organs from a corpse? Guess you need to do a surgery for it or ask someone else for help! You are security member and xeno threat is here? Boy, i hope you like staying away!

Things that doesn’t make sense:
You can attack blob, but not things it sends after you. Most damaging spells/genetic powers just work as if you are not a pacifist. Your pacifism is permanently gone when someone uses blood contract. You do not want to hurt living beings… But a vending machine that tries to murder you, is… Living?

I hope this guide is somewhat helpful. It is my first guide, so i apologise for any mistakes or missing information. Hopefuly you don’t get pacified!

If you put grenade in a plushie you can both prime and throw it as pacifist

2 Likes

Doesnt a plushie grenade make it able to be used as a mine?

If you put prox sensor in it
stepping on plushie doesn’t prime it by default

Also if you seek a way to bypass pacifism and harm others it should be treated as Roleplay infraction.

If you got pacified by surgeon you can get fixed. If you play as pacifist and try to bypass the regulations then it’s just unbased.

If you roll traitor with pacifism on you can ask for quirks removal.

If you don’t, then well, good luck using what you can.(it’s quite fun and challenging)

I don’t think tabling actually works.
And
I don’t think you can attack blob either

But I am unsure myself now.

You can drag people through space to kill them as pacifist
:3

1 Like

This entire guides point was to just simply give people some ideas on how to bypass it when they get it and they cannot remove it. Some people just give up on antag when they become pacifist, so as i wrote before… I just wish to give some ideas. Also what i meant by tabling, was just simply aggro grabbing someone and pressing the table, repeating it multiple times and then shoving that someone into disposals. My apologies for confusion.

This is more or less the intention - pacifism is an act of mercy to allow you to keep playing in the round as opposed to a full execution.

Acting with malicious intent after being brainwashed into a pacifist is poor roleplay and should not be done on Sage. Guide is good for Golden, however.

you can’t aggro grab as pacifist, you can however firmly grasp (if I remember the wording correctly) the person. Not sure if this works as the same thing however.

I play pacifist and i avoid even using the things i just said. I try shoving or just running away. As i wrote before. This is a guide for people who got the trauma and they want to bypass it. Maybe i wrote the name of the guide wrong. Should i rename it to “Antags Guide to Pacifism” to avoid further confusion?

1 Like

And I’m telling you it doesn’t matter what the source of pacifism is - you should not be trying to bypass it.

If you are an antag with pacifism, you should ahelp for either non-violent objectives, or for your traits to be reset so you can antag normally. If pacifism is forced on you, whether by random trauma or surgery you are now a pacifist and should be acting like one. Forced pacifism surgery should be seen more or less as a form of brainwashing.

Guide is good for server without roleplaying standards - is not good for Sage.

I see. So this guide is kinda pointless in RP side. Then in that case it is kinda pointless one too for sage. Thank you for explaining that to me. My bad for not realising that sooner.