CKEY: NaniByte

Your Discord: NaniByte#4628

Offender’s CKEY: VICIOUS O REILLY

Offender’s In-Game Name: Spindel Craic

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 05-29-2022

Round Number: 38381

Rules Broken: R7

Incident Description: Shitty behavior against someone who is clearly new and is not an antagonist

Additional Information:

I was HoS. I get a report from the captain (?) that the botanist is growing deathnettles. I check on the cams and sure enough they are. I set them to arrest. Spindel appears in botany and arrest the botanist. They bring them over to the brig.

When asked about the plant they say that they didn’t ever grow it so wanted to try it out. They also said that they would have stopped if asked. This combined with the rest of what they where growing lead me, and the rest of security actually, to conclude that this person is doesn’t need to sit in a cell for 15 minutes.

Craic is saying some shitty thing to the botanist so I tell him “that will be all” which was me being nice and not saying “fuck of craic you fucking valid hunting bitch this person is clearly not an antag and new at botany”. They leave.

I inform the botanist that they should not grow dangerous plants without permission and proceed to release them.

Craic comes in as I am doing that and claims that he can no longer be an officer if I will not enforce the law. He leaves some of his gear and leaves. I heard that he beat some people up later or something. I have no idea.

While legally all is correct from the perspective of actually not being shitsec all is not correct. I don’t think this kind of behavior should be tolerated.

4 Likes

This is clearly an IC issue.

1 Like

So…… what’s the actual rule break? He resigned? That’s 100% IC.

1 Like

I believe the case they’re trying to make is specifically this part of the rule since they believe the player in question didn’t seem know what they were doing.

Be patient with other players who may not know what they’re doing and assist them when you can; remember this is a newbie-friendly server before anything else and toxicity toward players for not understanding something will not be tolerated.

Disclaimer: I don’t think Spindel did anything even remotely wrong in this situation. I’m just explaining what I believe the reported issue is. I do believe Spindel is generally an absolutely awful member of security, but this is not an example of that at all. The gleefully trigger-happy and valid-thirsty things he does but are never technically against the rules as written are.
3 Likes

I guess I felt that he mistreated the person in a way that goes beyond the current round. There was no need for them to be so rough with this person.

1 Like

I was the botanist in this situation I believe. I saw this as an IC issue where I would’ve gone to a lawyer or something if I genuinely cared.

IC issue

Report Rejected