An Ode to Fastmos

Since when the change was made, sage has crashed 3 times. Might wanna look into that.

1 Like

Fires are no longer easily fixed by creating a vacuum. Fire fighting may require actual effort with actual firefighting tools. Atmospherics(granted who are likely responsible) has a more complicated job now on that end.

What the fuck is an AAC

Plasma and N2O floods are no longer as reliable. You can no longer RCD down 10 walls and plasmaflood the entire station.

I remember early days when fastmos was implemented. You could flood entire hallways and cargo with holodeck program. Fun days.

1 Like

HALLELU!!
I always wanted to play firefighter as atmosā€¦ But I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever once seen a fire.

Advanced Airlock Controller, the thing inside EVA airlocks.

2 Likes

Yes but conversely you could also just RCD a few floors and boom, all gone.

Can reactions are back to ā€œWhen can is unconnectedā€.

The current gas movement is so much slower now. Gonna spend some time experimenting with SM and Fusion this weekend, before Gold dies.

Good, i never liked fastmos

The biggest thing I donā€™t like about the new system is how easily firelocks can be abused in combat. One fire alarm and you can 1. Lock someone in with you 2. Cut off your pursuer with good timing and 3. Hardstun with a hefty amount of damage. Although I canā€™t really think of a new firelocks system to compensate so guess thatā€™ll remain for a while.

Thereā€™s a PR up right now which nerfs that aspect

off the top of my head I believe it does 10 damage and 3/10ths the amount of stun, so enough to get out.

Not saying whether I think its a good change but yea

edit: 4 secs knockdown, 10 damage

I think itā€™ll be fine once it isnā€™t a permastun or doesnā€™t deal damage at all. I remember when people could spam crowbar on firelock and basically kill anyone trapped within. Those were not fun times.

confirmed, CE set holodeck to atmos burn test while unaware that one of the doors were broken and leaking. The resultant plasma did not escape domitories.

2 Likes

This is not a new thing, this is how things used to be, and IMO itā€™s not exactly a problem

1 Like

GET ROBUST

Anyways, meet my new character Linda Moseaux the atmos tech.

fastmos can go suck my left nut, literally unrealistic :face_vomiting: yuck

literally unrealistic

ok but have you ever been in real life? opening a shooken bottle of soda??? you run our simulation dont you

gasses dont immediatly leak out just because space is a vaccum an the station is pressurized, it depends on pressure of the gas, size of the throughput and heat :blush:

Hello, Person from Brazil.

in our 2D spessman game, the smalest hole that can leak air is 1 tile (or around 1x1 meter) thats big enough to suck air out of a room quickly, just try to feel the gust of wind when you open a door from an underpressurised/negative pressure room (in my experience hot/radioactive lab, Covid Isolation room, etc), that not so much difference in pressure make a noticeable gust of wind

Now slowmos in the other hand, big ass explosion/hole dont always space the room completely for some reason, like whats the realistic part of pockets of different pressure/temperature air within a room.

ZAS is da best gasmos