Ambiic noted by Miliviu

CKEY: ambiic
Admin’s CKEY: Miliviu
Ban Type: Note
Ban Length: N/A
Ban Date: 2024/02/15
Round ID: 47700
Ban Reason:

Appeal Reason: It’s fair to note this down but I feel the phrasing of this is incorrect as this sounds as if it was intentional. It was not. While I have experience with atmospherics, I am by no means a professional. Prior to the plasma fire I talked to an Explorer to offer them upgrades and this included upgrading their plasma pipes to utilize a volume pump to allow better and safer storage and management of the plasma.

I got to work on this task immediately as to prevent them from being immediately wrenched and complicating the work even more. Unfortunately, they were already connected. “No biggie” I thought to myself as I placed down a holofan over the pipe I was removing. The pipe was removed and the plasma remained on the holofan, so far so good. However, I was not aware of the RPD was able to light plasma on fire and certainly from my location roughly 2 tiles to the right and one tile below the plasma.

As I spoke with the Explorer which had entered the room I changed a setting on the RPD and it was instantly lit a blaze of which I then tried to contain with more holofans, which instantly got destroyed. The resulting plasma broke the other plasma canisters and blew up a nearby welding tank causing the plasma to leak into other areas on the shuttle and then chaos ensured. Eventually the plasma was contained using the firelock in the middle of the shuttle, but with major damages to the back of the shuttle. Around this time I made an ahelp in the hopes of getting some sort of help with repairing the shuttle. While I wasn’t responding I was trying to repair the shuttle and spaced it to get the plasma out.

Additional Information: I think my atmospherics hours will speak for this. I work a lot with atmospherics, but I am not too experienced in the field and rarely work with anything complex.
As an engineer I only really know how to set up an N2 SM.

I accept my OOC note and even my IC punishment of being jailed for 2 minutes, scolded by my AI and the Warden, and known amongst the crew as the cyborg who plasma flooded the Exploration shuttle.

I would value the clarification that this was not an intentional way to grief and it isn’t just myself who is claiming “it was an accident”. Feeling like I had OOC disappointed both admins and player alike I remained despite it to continue my duty of repairing the station till the end of the round.

8 Likes

I’d like to question the severity of this note as well as this only affected the Exploration shuttle of which I would’ve fixed myself had no admin been available. This is a personal experience difficult to forget.

4 Likes

I was the AI; I will note the scolding was tongue in cheek and was capped with a [REPRIMAND_PROTOCOL_COMPLETE]
I can’t speak for everyone but I was playing it as a joke OOC and performative for security IC, sorry if it felt like everyone was giving you both barrels, haha.

3 Likes

I was in round with Miliviu when those events happened, so I guess I might as well take this appeal.

Let me remind some things about notes first (source: Admin Policy & Conduct - BeeStation Wiki):

• Notes are a form of record, not a punishment. Notes should be issued to document any incidents of breaking rules that did not result in bans.
  • When writing notes, describe the misconduct and how the player responded.

The note is pretty much verbatum a description of events. Now let’s discuss something: did you do it on purpose?
We can’t know for sure but I hope it was an honest mistake!
It’s what reflected in the note, you fucked up once. Okay, sure. Shit happens, no biggies.
Just don’t do it again and this note will never have any importance.

Talking about importance…the big flashy red severity.
EDIT: I’m leaving the part below for transparency sake, but I was made aware of my mistake.
(You have such high hours and knowledge I was genuinely convinced you’re a mentor).

You’re a mentor. It’s written in your policy (Non-Admin Staff Conduct - BeeStation Wiki) that:
_ You are our most trusted players. Act like it.

Let’s imagine for a second you’re not a good faith actor.
Then this note will be extremely relevant, and if you turn plasma griefman, I’d personnally like to have this precedent accident jump to my eyes.
But you are one of our most trusted player, I’d like to hope it won’t be the case, and this note will never have any revelancy.

As it is, I see no reasons to ask Mili/change the note myself.
Denying this.

2 Likes