AMA about EPS' mail delivery services

3 Likes

I like to call him Email and have been a firm believer of it meaning Electronic Postal Service.

5 Likes

can EPS hire me?

I almost had a case where I wanted to demote the QM and promote you as a replacement QM. How would EPS react to this and does he have a module for it?

3 Likes

I imagine EPS would still use the “You got mail!” line for everything.

You got mail! Bounty list.

You got mail! Crate.

Can’t comprehend something as anything but mail.

Edit: You got mail! Baby.

5 Likes

Would giving you an explosive as a package for someone be an OOCly dickish move?

As long as it isn’t at round start if say it be pretty funny. Though, seeing that ipcs have a hard time getting put back together after getting gibbed it basically is just a guaranteed RR for EPS. I’d rather use a methnade to be nicer towards eps, since they don’t gib. I’m just giving my own opinion, Aramix is probably more chill about it if recon.

1 Like

EPS, with a shotgun jammed within the gullet of a Xenomorph:
You’ve got mail.

1 Like

It is LEAD! >:D

I allways thought EPS meant Expediant Postal Servitor.

although EPS often requires help from crewmembers with all sorts of things: credits, access, being posted through disposals in a festive wrapped crate; all those uses are very brief and not something EPS would “hire” for - it’s meant to serve rather to be served
for tot EPS that might slightly change, and I might involve pAIs or holoparas (I think guidance from those might be helpful for a novice tot player like me)

though it might be a bit besides the character of EPS, I think it wouldn’t be too bad to take on such a role in such extreme cases
after all, rounds are not necessarily canon, so I think taking some liberty to play EPS as other roles every now and then could be fun for everyone
@Ambiic already highlighted some ways one could make EPS work in other roles; personally I’m imagining EPS is next closest to paramedic or shaft miner
as for cargo technician - despite playing “cargo” for 200 hours (as EPS that is) - I don’t have that much experience with cargo to know what needs to be ordered in different situations, such as antimatter, meteor shields, weapons (more or less), so that might be a problem; I only know to recycle crates and to stamp receipt papers then send them back - I find this is sufficient to support during crises that demand high cargo mobilization such as blob
if a HoP ever wants to place EPS in a different role than the one requested - might as well give it a try - it’s how EPS happened after all

I don’t mind if EPS becomes a collateral in a bomb delivery, but I’m afraid if delivering bombs is considered self-antag/grief and not checking mail contents (if wrapped for example) is a “roleplaying insanity to excuse behavior”
this had only been discussed and didn’t happen before, but if an admin can answer this (unless it’s very case-per-case basis) before it actually happens, that’d probably be ideal
returning to gibbing point - that way I believe it will have made EPS play a relevant part in the round’s events and I wouldn’t mind it - @Geatish is not wrong regarding the lack of options to put an IPC back together though - that would basically put EPS out of commission for the rest of the round

3 Likes
  1. It is literally your job to deliver mail.
  2. If we can’t check the NT mail, why should we be able to check our mail?!
1 Like
  1. you must roleplay - even as an assistant you would like to keep your job
  2. NT probably has screens for dangerous contents and doesn’t deliver bombs
    it can deliver a hostile clown to the clown instead, I think?..yeah…
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.