Am37000's Mentor Application

Your CKEY: Am37000

Your Discord: Am37000

How long have you been playing ss13?:
About 3 months now

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: I’m pretty sure almost everyone on Golden knows me, and a lot would recommend me.

Game Experience (More Detailed): I know the game very well, I play the game about 3-4 hours a day on normal days, I know alot about the game with the exception of engineering, but I can learn it if needed. (Also Ill mostly be on Golden)

1 Like

Post your tracked playtime (OOC tab ingame)

My Playtime is 417h as Living and 58h as ghost. so that should be 475h total.

Also, I wont be able to be on today or tommorow, however I will be able to be on all next week

We mean the hours per job breakdown. Post it.

Playtime for Am37000

• AI 15h (3%)
  • Atmospheric Technician 50m (0%)
  • Botanist 40m (0%)
  • Brig Physician 1h (0%)
  • Captain 10h (2%)
  • Cargo Technician 20h (4%)
  • Chief Medical Officer 2h (0%)
  • Clown 2h (0%)
  • Cook 3h (0%)
  • Curator 2h (0%)
  • Cyborg 10h (2%)
  • Detective 60m (0%)
  • Paramedic 18h (4%)
  • Geneticist 28h (6%)
  • Head of Personnel 23h (5%)
  • Head of Security 4h (1%)
  • Janitor 29h (6%)
  • Lawyer 5h (1%)
  • Medical Doctor 2h (0%)
  • Quartermaster 4h (1%)
  • Research Director 5h (1%)
  • Roboticist 96h (23%)
  • Scientist 1h (0%)
  • Security Officer 29h (7%)
  • Shaft Miner 62h (14%)
  • Warden 8h (2%)
  • Living 419h (100%)
  • Lifebringer 20m (0%)
  • Ash Walker 6h (1%)
  • Hermit 20m (0%)
  • Translocated Vet 1h (0%)
  • SuperFriend 10m (0%)
  • Ancient Crew 30m (0%)
  • Beach Bum 6h (1%)
  • Lavaland Syndicate 4h (0%)
  • Ghost 58h (13%)

Jobs Unlocked:

• AI
  • Brig Physician
  • Captain
  • Chief Medical Officer
  • Cyborg
  • Deputy
  • Detective
  • Head of Personnel
  • Head of Security
  • Quartermaster
  • Research Director
  • Security Officer
  • Virologist
  • Warden

Jobs Not Unlocked:

• Chief Engineer 50m / 20h as Engineering)

I’d really get some more engineering experience. It’s one of the more complex departments, and commonly gets mhelps. Not a lot of hours on MD or Scientist, so I’m not confident you know much about that either, but correct me if I’m wrong.

Suppose that’s what these questions are for, then. Assuaging fears.
1: If a revolutionary wanted to use a mindshielded weapon, how could they?
2. A person has a ton of brute and burn damage, and almost no blood. Cloning is trashed. How do I go about reviving them?
3. How do you get diamond as a Scientist - without mining?
4. I used bad parts when making my mech. How do I replace them?
5. How do I get my botany trays to glow gold?
6. How do you make the minimum (4-machine) telecomms setup?

Some of those questions I dont know, but I will be willing to find out, however for question 2, you can either make another cloner using a circuit printer, or do surgery to fix enough damage for defib, I also heard mannitol works if a corpse is husked, but I could be mistaken (I will actually look this up), as for question 3, you could use xenobiology to get gold slime extract and get watchers, which if butchered, drop diamond, and as for question 4, you get inside your mech, and initiate maint protocal, then you ID, crowbar, wrench, take parts out, replace parts, wrench, crowbar, ID. (I will find out how to solve 1, 6, and 7, aswell as play some engi games)

very smart of me to forget that 2 is a number that exists - such is the price of making this at 4am.
2. Give a more detailed answer- as if I’m the person who sent the mhelp. How do I make the new cloner? What surgery do I have to do?
3. Correct.
4. Correct.

I’ll give you half points both for the two correct answers and the somewhat correct answer, but also because you said you’re going to learn. Privates servers are a blessing, but so are guides, so you should feel free to use them.
+0.5
T: 0.5

I forgot that you can also use synflesh on a body to heal damages, which would be easier than the other 2 options, however if that is unavailable, I would first tell them to talk to a scientist or roboticist, and tell them to ask for cloning equipment (Cloning Console, DNA scanner, and Cloning Pod), then I would tell them to make 2 machine frames and 1 computer frame using 15 iron, I would then tell them how to make computer (Wrench, insert computer, screwdriver, wires, glass, screwdriver), then tell them to make 2 machine frames, add wires and wrench it down, and tell them to examine the machines and ask a scientist for whatever they need for it. (Also the surgery is called Tend Wounds)

• Robotocist / Science questions -
  1. The clown comes in and pays you 14 bananas for a clown mech, how would you achieve this?
  2. Quick, the AI has gone rouge, locked down the bridge, and started using his borgs to destroy the rds lockdown computers and take out civilians, whats your step by step plan of action to stop the AI’s tyrannical regime?
    3a. Its a skeleton crew with no miners you’re playing scientist and you cant be asked to go mine, whats the best way/s to get some ores in the bank
    3b. Before you can start your plan to get ores, the ai asks for a shell so they can go mine ores themselves, how do you make the ai a shell without going to lavaland with the resources you spawn with?
  • Shaft Miner questions -
  1. A new shaft miner player comes up to you and asks “How i get kewl loot”? Your response?
  2. The QM asks you to get some big bucks by going gas mining, would you know how to do this? If you do, elaborate
  3. You’ve come up from your second lavaland trip, its 20 minutes into the shift and those nerds havent gotten you your mining tech researched, what is the RIGHT course of action AND what is your course of action
  4. You’ve delivered a bunch of resources to the ORM but the science radio is lit up with people screaming about no resources, what are the possible problems?
  5. You’ve found the lavaland syndicare base! List as many possible approach/entry methods (Bonus points for cooler and more elaborate entry methods)
  6. Shaft Miner Traitor Gang!! You’ve gotta kill the other shaft miner, whats your most creative, shaft mining themed way to get him killed?
  7. Whats the most optimal order of usage of the legion cores and medipens?
  8. Whats the difference between the optical mesons and giga gar mesons?

-Extra questions
12. Obligatory “HOW DO TRANSMUTATION HERETIC CIRCLE PLESE???!?” Question
13. You try to clone someones brain, it says theres an initialisation failure, but theres still a spark of life in the brain, whats the issue?
14. How do you turn normal Galoshes into Absorbant Galoshes
15. You’re playing as bartender and someone asks for an Irish Car Bomb, recipe?
16. Possible contraband locker item spawns?
17. A xeno player mhelps you asking why they can only evolve to a hunter sentinel or drone but not a queen. Your response?
18. You’re building a new AI core after dealing with the previous one, and as you finish it off, a greyshirt comes in and murders you without warning, SHOULD they be banned, and COULD they be banned?

Dont have to answer all of them, i just kept typing and didnt look back. Pick and choose at your lesiure

Funni questions go brrrr, hope you get the position

1. Ill be assuming Im not the one that hacked AI, anyways its simple, just make an AI upload computer, get freeform, and either A: make yourself unabled to be killed by AI by making a law: Protect Name-Name and do not let harm come to him, or B: Reset all laws and put in asimov.
  2. Best way would be bluespace miners, but assuming we have no way to mine, you have to make artificial via the xenobiology lab, using gold slime extract to make watchers, which drop diamond, and for 3b, you can look in maints, look around the station, deconstruct stuff if needed, or go to the EVA suit area and get that iron, or just ask cargo to buy some.
  3. I tell him to get some good weapons, and go find these things called tendrils, once the chest spawns, grab it and run back immediately.
  4. You get an auxillery base, and place it down in lavaland (preferably close to base), once it down, it will generate money, Im not very good at gas mining, but I believe thats how it works, but if QM needs money, Ill usually get 2k minin gpoints and buy a 1k bill from the mining vendor.
  5. Ask them politely, if they say they cant, its fine, just go raid the golem base, or just be fine with normal tools
  6. That may mean the ore silo is unlinked, for that you can either link it to the vault, or you can deliver it manually, but tbh we know what option would be chosen.
    1. Ask to be dragonman and fly over, 2. Use mining pods to bridge across, 3. use floor constructer to bridge across, 4. Goliath boat, 5. Drag some megafauna over to them to force them out and kill/capture them while they escape, 6. Water/Extinguisher spam your way across, 7. Use aux base to get across, 8. put a fulton beacon at the other side and use a fulton, how do you get a fulton beacon across? simple! just make the other shaft miner swim across for you. 9. Become a legion and walk across, 10. Get a firefighter mech and just walk across, 11. Jumpboots (Though I cant use them) 12. Run across and hope for the best, 13. if idea 12 does not work, then use a segway or some other vehicle.
  7. Just get a firefighter, shoot his legs with plasma cutter, and drill him until he is gibbed, you will also get bonus points if you push him in lava or he is also getting attacked by Bloodrunk.
  8. First, dont use 2 legion cores back to back, unless in question 10 you wish to use method 9, anyways, use medipens if you are almost in crit, there is nothing dangerous nearby, and you can make it to shelter in time, use cores if you cannot make it to shelter, there are hostile fauna nearby, or if you are too badly injured that a single medipen wont work.
  9. Now I dont know the exact answer, but I believe normal opitical allows you to see through walls, while giga gar allows you to see living things through walls.
  10. Oh yeah, its been changed, you have to use the grasp on the ground/book now to make it
  11. Assuming they arent in trouble by an admin, they likely are a ling.
  12. (Will Look Up)
  13. (Will Look Up)
  14. The ones I know are skechkin and box with stuff like shurkiens and bolas, however I know I am missing some
  15. Dude, you dont just get hired as an intern and get promoted to boss, you gotta go intern, worker, than boss, just like larva, sential, then queen.
  16. Depends, if an AI almost destroyed the station, then I can see some cause, even then it would be too extreme, oh wait, I just read, I thought it meant murder the AI, nah if he murders me for no reason, I would tell him that the AI will have asimov laws, but if he doubts me, then tbh I can see why, but if an AI didnt destroy the station, then Ill get an admin or warn them myself, well I plan on becoming an admin if I can mentor well anyways.

Wait

I didnt have to answer them all?

Synthflesh is correct, and you can’t get cloning gear from science - medical’s lathe has it. Past that, thorough, and Tend Wounds is correct, so hey, a +0.5 for:

T: 1

I’d seriously recommend getting some more hours in some of the main jobs, though - MD, Engineer, and Scientist. Probably inspire more confidence.

Alright, so does that mean I am mentor but should start learning the new stuff, or that I can become mentor once I learn the new stuff?

If you need help with engineering I can mentor you.

I just got done with my first engi game

It is not easy…

Yeah I noticed how the supermatter was on raging hot plasmafire.

Anyways, will I become a mentor? I can find out alot more about engi

1. Correct
  2. Correct
    3-. (Hint: You’ll need gold for the shell, whats the easiest access to gold on the station?
  3. Bit vauge, but correct
  4. Theres more steps to it, but not everyone knows how gasses work
  5. I’d usually have some more harsh words for them, but that seems like a more passive approach, respectable
  6. Correct
  7. Correct, though you missed my favourite way of building a custom shuttle and ramming it into the base
  8. Eh I guess, you still have a lot more options though
  9. I meant in a megafauna fight, my bad
  10. Wrong, the only difference is causing brute damage when thrown at people
  11. Correct
  12. I’m pretty sure changelings can be clones in the rare circumstances that they dont revive, usually this means the person is still alive or that the cloner is out of synthflesh
  13. Correct, possible other spawns are the Unica, Desert Eagle and Clusterbang
  14. Wrong, the proper path is Larva, Drone, Praetorian then Queen.
  15. Wrong, creating an AI with no direct instruction to from the Captain of RD makes you valid
  • Final Word
    Eh, feel like you need a bit more knowledge in other roles before you can hop in, since other peoples questions will be more around roles, especially medical, I’d be happy to change my vote if you get a few more 1’s from other staff, but for now its a +0