Am37000

Tyranicranger4

Both

Sage

Antag

5 days

6/23/2021

Telling AI to plasmaflood as changeling

A team of lings and I were trying to kill off some targets, we had a lot of targets to kill and people were starting to suspect AI was malf. due to this, I gave AI a command to plasmaflood so they could potentially distract everyone else, and let us be able to do our tasks without people noticing. Ill admit, telling AI to plasmaflood may have been a bit much, however I did it in order to help me and my team of changelings complete objectives. People were fully aware the AI was malf, and were even shouting they thought the AI was plasmaflooding before I uploaded the law. Though this may be seen as a murderbone, the crew knew that AI was malf and they were suspecting a plasmaflood before I uploaded the law, so I thought they would be prepared, and hoped it would act as a distraction to kill our targets. Lings were also outed very early, and everyone was on edge, I saw no other reliable option. Though I disagree that this should be a ban able offense, I will not do it again.

The only other information is that I was working with 2 other lings and AI, I have no idea if they got banned.

Full ban reason. “Plasma flood as an antagonist but without proper objectives.”

It is murderboning.

You cannot add a law that will cause mass indiscriminate death in an attempt to eliminate a few targets.
Working with others antagonists doesn’t change this.

Law in question for reference.
Am37000/Geode-Vann used ‘Freeform’ Core AI Module on winterdarkraven/(SHOGUN) from Starboard Quarter Maintenance (179, 71, 2). The law specified oh yeah, also plasmaflood if you want

1 Like

It wasnt as much as an attempt at elimination as it was a distraction, I was hoping that perhaps my targets may be killed, however it was mainly used for a distraction.

Again, the plasmaflood was to make it where the antags could do stuff with being less likely to be noticed, even then there was also a law that told AI to defend itself at all costs, meaning that they would have killed anyone that tried to stop them. From what I heard on comms, almost everyone wanted to kill or give laws to the AI that made it normal.

Causing mass indiscriminate death is not a reasonable way to cause a distraction.

A distraction is making a small explosion somewhere to draw security away.
Or making a hole in the armory so they assume you’re trying to break in.

Killing people on mass is not a distraction

You are directly responsible for what happens as a result of laws that you upload.

1 Like

Is it alright to upload a law that tells AI to protect itself from people trying to kill/subvert it?

In most cases that would be fine (assuming you’re an antagonist) considering that it would reasonably only effect those that are a threat to your plan, assuming you’re using the AI to achieve your goals.

Plasmaflooding is different because it is completely indiscriminate and kills anyone regardless of whether or not they are a threat to you.

1 Like

Everyone was trying to change the AI laws or kill the AI, they would have been considered a threat, even then they were most likely prepared for the plasmaflood, as I heard them shout AI is plasmaflooding about a minute before uploading the plasmaflood law.

infact, a rule states Antags are free to complete their objective by any means available, within reason

Another states * Isolated killings and kills that reasonably assist with your objectives are not murderboning.

I find it extremely unlikely that everyone was attempting to combat the AI.

Within reason

• For example, destroying large amounts of the station is reasonable if your objective is to hijack the shuttle; it is not acceptable as a distraction if your objective is to steal the station’s blueprints.

It is not reasonable to plasma flood to take out a couple of targets or to complete other minor objectives.

Mass murder isn’t isolated in the slightest.
Key part here being reasonably assist with your objectives.
As said above plasma flooding to accomplish minor objectives is not reasonable.

I do not think we are going to see eye to eye on this.
@GameAdmin Second opinion please.

1 Like

Plasmaflooding to assist with murders is perfectly reasonable, and everyone knew that AI was malf, they most likely were trying to find out who subverted the AI, infact about a minute after I left my uplaod console, someone announced that they found my upload console.

Back

5 days is very reasonable for intentional vicarious plasmaflood.

1 Like

Again, everyone was aware there were lings and they knew someone was subverting the AI, that would make them all a threat.

I heard a ton of non-sec members on comms trying to kill the AI, they would be a threat to AI. Also, think if a scenario such as this. You have to take out 2 targets, who are in a room with 3 security protecting them, aswell as the Captain who knows you are an antag. There is also a janitor that is cleaning up the room and everyone is about to leave. Fortunately you managed to hide a bomb somehow and you can blow it up killing everyone in the room. Would you blow up the bomb?

Let’s not get off track here. Tyranic has made it pretty clear what you did wrong - despite how it feels like the world is out to get you, the entire station was NOT mobilizing to kill you. Plenty of people were just working in Medbay, scrubbing the floors, etc. You killed these people along with those few that were an actual threat.

It is, OOC, your responsibility to accomplish your objectives WITHOUT massive collateral damage that ruins the game for everyone, outside of the designated objectives that allow it. You have failed in this responsibility, and there are associated consequences so that every traitor who misses a few gunshots doesn’t call it time to plasmaflood.

Officially agreeing that the ban should be sustained.

Even if not everyone was out to get me, it seemed like a majority above was, after hearing a lot of different people about shouting how AI was malf, though they may have not known I was the one who subverted it, if they managed to add a law that tells AI to reveal who subverted them, then they would all be after me. I will admit, some innocents were likely in risk of being killed, however it seemed like a majority of the station would put me or the AI at risk.

This scenario is not comparable since blowing up that specific room doesn’t kill a significant amount of other completely uninvolved and non-threatening crew members.

This ban itself is not unreasonable nor is the length of it.

Appeal Denied

May I add something?

If you would like to then sure, but unless it’s something substantial it will not change the result of this.

The question asked is very comparable, it may be at a lesser scale, however you would still kill someone who was completely innocent.

May I also ask, out of everyone I killed, which of those kills were valid? I know sec and command were, but were everyone screaming on comms that AI was malf and the number of people trying to re-law or kill the AI valid for me to kill?

And if this is allowed to be answered, was I reported to an admin, or did the admin just intervine without anyone reporting?

ONE innocent person is not comparable to endangering the entire crew.

I don’t think specifically killing those that are actually trying to fix it would be an issue assuming you are using the AI to accomplish your objectives.
I would say that killing all the people saying it’s malf would be overstepping once it becomes common knowledge. One person sees your law upload in maint? Fair game. But if the entire station is aware the AI is subverted either get rid of any evidence that links it back to you or go in hiding. After a certain point eliminating witnesses is no longer viable.

This is irrelevant. Admins can act on things even if they aren’t reported by anyone in the round.