Allow dottir suffix for oozeling names

Hey there, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but something I think could be a healthy change for the game would be to allow oozelings to take the -dottir suffix instead of just -son. It follows the same convention of naming as -son does, since son is literally son of, and -dottir is daughter of. I know it is a small thing, but i feel it would make the race more inclusive without detracting from their identity as being given the name of their creators.

9 Likes

This is great suggestion, yeah I’m all for this.

1 Like

Sounds good to me.

Naming conventions strike again! Let the rules amend this idea!

someone told me this was already allowed just naming convrntion page wasn’t changed for it? not certain tho

Not the case sadly, when I ahelped before posting this asking about it, I was told that it was not allowed. I could as an example be Erikdottirson but not Erikdottir.

Mr. Dr. Sir Smithdottirson the 5th Esq.

Just start throwing all the suffixes onto names and see what sticks

There was already (now outdated) internal discussion and approval of it, and I told someone this before I stepped down and then never updated the wiki page.

That said, the oozeling enforcement has laxed to the point that the wording we came up with would likely be more upsetting than welcome because it included something like the following:

The first name should be recognizable as a color before anything else

The wording was chosen to cut down on the gemstones and bricks and laser-lemons. Gemstones are more or less completely accepted at this point by both staff and players, so it would either need to be re-worded again or else cause another upsetting stir.

I see. I’m mainly worried about catching a ban because I’m new, and wanted to make sure it was ok to do so. When the moderator told me it wasn’t ok I thought id just put it in the suggestions thread.

@llol111 @Autistic

1 Like

Why don’t we just loosen naming policy in its entirety

nudge nudge llol, autisme

6 Likes

Yea i was honestly convinced we already did this ages ago lmao
ill get around to it soon:tm:
i have a few things for headminy shit on my plate already and a fucktone of stuff to do for uni but since this is a one line change i can probabbly do it actualy soon-ish

1 Like

No :slight_smile:

epic :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.