Allow Chaplain to create a cogscarab and put a soul shard in it

Uses aspects from both cults and gives the soul shard Chaplain gets useful for other than making a dumb ghost.

2 Likes

Maybe that offerings/sacrifice system from tg could work for something like that.

If the cogscarabs follow drone laws then it won’t impact the round very much. It’ll just give a ghost role to someone who wants it.

I wish robotics could make drones (with drone laws).

1 Like

they can on other servers

I don’t know why beestation refuses to adapt things from other servers.

ah yes give chaplain even more powergaming items

2 Likes

i love that this suggestion came up during the like, ~3 hour extended round where several members of the crew including the borgs became disillusioned with reality and started a peaceful clockwork cult on the DJ station

A traitor chaplain can already get constructs. Any chaplain can get them if the gateway is right. A cogscarab aught th have similar aquisition unless a bigger change is made to impact the whole thing. Being able to buy it for TC or find a scarab in gateway would rock.

You don’t understand. It’s just a resprited drone. It has drone laws. All it does is fix the station. It can’t talk to crew. It can’t talk to Chaplain. It can’t take orders.

It’s true neutral. Literally all it’s doing is adding another ghost role to the game for roundstart observers or people who get linged in maint in under 5 minutes and welded into a spaced locker without suit sensors.

This resonates with me.
Chaplain already has magic-proof armor and starts with one of the best melee weapons available, not to mention the power of God as long as an admin is paying attention.

And so does this. I’d say it would be perfectly fine if we’re cool with implementing drones anyway.

cogscarabs succ power from the station by messing with things and would interact with clockcults.

Drone dispensers used to be normal things on /tg/ but were removed

apparently they were obnoxious for admins to deal with and questionable balance-wise to have available 24/7 for free.

The only big server with them available all the time is paradise I think, and they’re nerfed quite a bit and in my experience are rarely played.

I can imagine people using drones to instantly grudge after they get killed.

that or the tiding when you give all ghosts free access to a mob that can ventcrawl with a backpack on

that’s what para drones don’t have compared to /tg/ drones iirc, they’re just shitty engiborgs basically

tiding is against the rules though

cogscarabs succ power from the station by messing with things and would interact with clockcults.

full disclosure I have no idea how cogscarabs work and just throught they were functionally drones but with a different look.

Which is what I’m suggesting, just a reskinned drone. A way for one person to make one drone. Introducing drones slowly.

People already do this with normal ghost roles and get banned. I don’t see how making drones available worsens this problem since drones are not allowed to interact at all with living things.

Other ghost roles however are limited in numbers and usually spawn in lavaland.
Drone dispensers as seen on paradise or old /tg/ let any ghosts spawn on station at any time+ventcrawl abilities

I have already suggested they be made, rather than what you just described. They should be cheaper than borgs since they are much more fragile and unable to directly assist lifeforms.

Fucked up and editted last post instead of posting this somehow. This conversation is a mess now lol

well that would turn them into boring shitty engiborgs real fast and no one would want make/play them because why would you make shitty drone if you can make a borg?

(Maybe if they become emagable then you would be able to use them for theft but other than that borg is better in everything)

because they are cheap, spammable, don’t require instructions and cannot be hacked